Guusto Gifts Reviews

62 Comments

Tech

285.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Guusto Gifts~2472147
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing place to work at. Many great opportunities. Great people.

May 31, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- This is an awesome place to grow especially for those looking for great opportunities - Leaders, managers and co-workers are very supportive in anything you do - Very inclusive environment even though it's WFH - WFH

Cons

- none as of now

2. 5.0

Best place to work!

Apr 20, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guusto is an absolutely incredible place to work! The company has a very collaborative atmosphere where people have the autonomy to test ideas and own them. It is a culture based on constantly learning and growing, providing lots of opportunity to build your skills and grow in your career. I love that work-life balance is a huge priority for the company and appreciate all the work that is done by both HR and the Founders to ensure people feel valued, are avoiding burnout, and progressing in their careers. Guusto is a truly forward-thinking company that fully understands where the future of work is headed and do such an amazing job ensuring that their employees feel valued, appreciated, and recognized.

Cons

I can't think of a single con!

Guusto Gifts Response

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. We continue to try and build a culture that allows everyone to do their best work and support them in their career aspirations and growth. Please keep letting us know how we can be better and build this company together.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent, fast growing company

Apr 15, 2022 - Senior Front End Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

-ability to try new technology -really value their employees and their input/ideas

Cons

Can't think of any at this time

Guusto Gifts Response

Thanks for the kind words and great feedback. We are constantly striving to make sure our people are our first priority.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company!

Aug 2, 2021 - Admnisrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything was great! Lots of opportunities and room for growth.

Cons

Nothing to complain about, Great CEO and leaders. No complains.

Guusto Gifts Response

We love helping our Guustonians grow and are glad to hear that you found that to be true.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Practices what they preach (and sell) when it comes to valuing employees

Apr 16, 2021 - Head of Growth Marketing in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guusto helps companies consistently recognize employees and build great cultures and this same commitment applies to its own employees. Employee appreciation, growth, empowerment, and recognition are deeply rooted in its DNA, and this permeates into daily operations and decisions. Everyone's input is encouraged and considered and everyone's contributions are recognized - not just the leadership team and managers. Guusto is also incredibly transparent with every department's playbooks, goals, projects, and plans openly available to each other. Weekly meetings also see each department sharing updates and plans for the current sprint. This is a refreshing and welcomed change from the interdepartmental siloing I see at so many companies. Worklife balance is promoted and respected. To personalize things, I was essentially the first EST employee with the rest of the company largely being PST and the company moved all meetings to fall within my standard workday.

Cons

Not a con in a pure sense but because Guusto values cultural fit, attitude, and values alignment almost above all else, the recruitment process is rigorous and taken very seriously by leadership. This means that even skilled candidates that don't align with these principles will likely not proceed to later rounds in the process. The company is also growing rapidly and in typical startup fashion, there are a lot of moving pieces. A great opportunity for those comfortable taking ownership and figuring things out but less so for someone looking for detailed processes and specific directions.

Guusto Gifts Response

Thanks for the review! We are always trying to walk the talk as best we can. As we continue to scale and grow, we will start nailing down more and more of those processes to ensure everyone has everything they need to be successful!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very flexible and great place to work!

Sep 24, 2020 - Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Guusto, I've had the opportunity to learn something new every single day! I enjoy the fact that it is a fast-paced work environment, things change very quickly. Every day brings a new "to-do" list, which currently I am enjoying! The company allows flexibility to take time out for your other commitments. And the weekly meetings are great to keep different teams connected. And if you do a good job, you will be encouraged and appreciated for your work!

Cons

-Sometime, the fast-pace can feel overwhelming at first, especially, when you are trying or doing something new. But, the good thing is that you can always reach out to your seniors or colleagues for help! And they are there to help you.

2 people found this review helpful

Co-Founder

Great to hear you're enjoying the culture at Guusto! We're always excited to see our people develop and excel in their careers. Muucho Guusto, Skai

7. 5.0

Amazing place to work!

Sep 30, 2020 - Frontend Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture - Hardworking team - Everyone is always willing to help each other and learn from one another. Each day I learn something new! - Fun project to work on - Super flexible work hours - Weekly meetings with the entire team to keep each other on track and appreciate everyones hard work - Following Agile Scrum methodology and using modern technologies - Ideas matter!

Cons

I cannot think of any!

Guusto Gifts Response

Thanks for the review and we love that everyone at Guusto is always trying to help one another grow and learn.

8. 5.0

A great place to work!

Sep 28, 2020 - Director of Client Collaboration in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guusto is a forward thinking, collaborative and fast paced start up where ideas are encouraged and fostered. A peer to peer environment where hard work and good ideas are continually recognized. Guusto is a leader in employee recognition and strive for their employees to feel valued.

Cons

Currently remote based due to Covid. Saying that, the team still feels connected and engaged.

Guusto Gifts Response

Thank you for the review! We are so happy to welcome you to the team and hope that we can continue to ensure everyone is feeling connected as we continue our journey as a remote company.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great workplace

Feb 4, 2020 - Web Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

1 - Good culture, teamwork, and good benefit. 2 - They treated their co-ops very nicely. It gave them lots of experience in the industry. 3- Very flexible hours.

Cons

1- Needs more methodology and planning in the office. Uses any process for delivering tasks as (Scrum or Agile or waterfall).

Co-Founder

Thanks for taking the time to provide a positive review and feedback on how we can get better! We'll look to implement your suggestions for more processes and planning.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 27, 2020 - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice environment opportunity to try new technologies flexibility remote job benefits

Cons

i dont have any cons

Co-Founder

We'll continue to look for the best and brightest people to join our team and share our vision to change corporate cultures around the world! We'll empower them to be leaders and celebrate their amazing results :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Reviews

Guusto Gifts Reviews FAQs

Guusto Gifts has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 37 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Guusto Gifts to a friend and 100% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Guusto Gifts employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Guusto Gifts. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

100% of Guusto Gifts employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Guusto Gifts 4.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Guusto Gifts to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Guusto Gifts Job Seekers