Guusto Gifts Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Oct 18, 2019

4.5
Guusto Gifts CEO Skai Dalziel
Skai Dalziel
  1. "Great company with Great people"

Former Intern - Business Development

I worked at Guusto Gifts for more than a year

Pros

Joe and Skai are caring individuals who are not only passionate about the business, but also about the development of their team

Cons

No cons at all in my book!

Guusto Gifts2019-10-18

October 21, 2019Co-Founder

Thanks for the kind words!! We care deeply about helping our people develop and reach their goals, as they put so much into helping the company reach it's goals. We hope to get to work with you again in the future. Muucho Guusto :)

2. "Guusto is awesome! Such a rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Market Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere that encourages learning and values hard work. I continue to learn and grow so much in this position as I started out as an intern one year ago. My experience with Guusto has been nothing but positive and extremely rewarding!

Cons

Could not think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work guys :)

Guusto Gifts2019-10-15

October 16, 2019Co-Founder

So great to hear that you've had such a positive experience working at Guusto! We'll continue to do everything we can to encourage you to LEARN, LEAD, and take LEAPS. We're committed to helping you accelerate your career growth, so never hesitate to chat with us about your career vision and goals. Muucho Guusto :)

3. "A fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Lead Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Guusto Gifts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people that care about what they do. It was a pleasure to be part of the team; I always felt that my work and opinion were valued. The work can be challenging at times, but the atmosphere at Guusto does not make it feel overwhelming at all.

Cons

Not really, keeping doing the amazing work that you are doing

Guusto Gifts2019-10-06

October 10, 2019Co-Founder

Thanks for the kind words! The pleasure was all ours, and we hope your time at Guusto really helped you leap forward in your career. Fingers crossed we have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. Stay in touch, as things are growing fast, and we could have a lead developer role available next year. Muucho Guusto :)

4. "Managers are passionate about the company and your growth!"

Current Intern - Product Designer and Web Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts for less than a year

Pros

Great company of passionate, enthusiastic people who are invested making in the company better. Managers are very open to feedback to become better managers themselves. They regularly recognize you and your work as well as do a wonderful job of empowering their employees. A lot of creative freedom and very much feel valued and included despite being the one designer among larger teams.

Cons

There currently isn’t a design team. Instead you work in multidisciplinary teams of marketing and developers. If you’re seeking to be a design manager or director, this is the place to learn to be at the center of it all and have a lot of ownership!

Guusto Gifts2019-10-04

October 10, 2019Co-Founder

Thanks for the glowing review! We love getting feedback that can help us get better as managers and a company. I'm excited to let you know that with all the recent growth, we likely have another designer starting soon to collaborate on projects with you. Muucho Guusto :)

5. "Amazing team and a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing & Customer Success Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are amazing, work is always a fun environment! A lot of flexibility to focus on projects that interest you. Learning opportunities are endless. Great mentorship from co-founders, with a great deal of encouragement and recognition.

Cons

Fast paced environment, so be prepared to adapt quickly.

Guusto Gifts2019-10-03

October 10, 2019Co-Founder

So great to hear you're learning a lot and enjoying the work with your fellow Guustonians. Ultimately, it's our people driving company success, so we'll definitely continue to encourage and support you however possible. Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review! Muucho Guusto :)

6. "Had a great co-op experience at Guusto!"

Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would rate my time as a co-op student at Guusto a 5/5 and I felt recognized throughout the term. Joe took time out to recognize my work on sales and that really helped motivate me to do even more.

Cons

I think one thing that would have made it a 6/5 is receiving more responsibilities as I became accustomed to my role.

Guusto Gifts2019-10-02

October 3, 2019President

Glad to hear you had a 5-star experience working at Guusto! Based on your thoughtful feedback, we'll work on adding more responsibility to junior sales positions, and strive to earn that 6th star. Muucho Guusto :)

7. "Great product, great people to work with"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Guusto Gifts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Guusto provided an opportunity to start my career in Canada as a software developer. It was lot of fun working closely with founders. They are very supportive and working with them have helped me learn lot of things about startup and its functions. I made connections with people in tech community while I was working at Guusto and ever since it has helped me boost my career. Landing job at Guusto built strong... foundation for my career and I couldn't have done it without their support.

Cons

I was the first developer hired. Although I had an opportunity to work on different projects, it would have been nice to have few other developers on the team to help with the projects.

Advice to Management

I have seen tremendous growth at Guusto in recent years so keep doing what you are doing! I know the team is growing and I hope to someday come back and be part of Guusto team again. :)

Guusto Gifts2019-10-01

October 3, 2019President

Thanks for the glowing review! We really enjoyed working with you to get the company off the ground, and couldn't have done it without you. We look forward to hopefully having you re-join our growing team in the future. Muucho Guusto :)

8. "Skai and Joe are the best!"

Former Intern - Marketing and Operations

I worked at Guusto Gifts for less than a year

Pros

I would rate my experience working for Guusto 5 stars. It was my first real work experience so I'm very grateful for learning a little bit of everything as it was very transferable to the future work I've done. I always mention Guusto during job interviews! I learned so much from Skai, Joe and the whole team. There was a lot of independent work, which was good for me as it allowed me to grow, gain confidence and... learn from my mistakes.

Cons

I honestly would not change anything from my experience working at Guusto.

Advice to Management

I would recommend setting clear goals and expectations at the beginning of the internship and checking in once a week to make sure everything is going well on both ends. This will give you both a chance to receive feedback from each other.

Guusto Gifts2019-10-02

October 3, 2019President

The best? Stop, you're making us blush ;) We're far from perfect, but it's nice to hear you enjoyed your internship experience, learned a lot and gained confidence. Thank you for the thoughtful recommendations. You'll be happy to know that we've implemented monthly performance reviews to set goals and share feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again at some point. Muucho Guusto :)

"Great work environment, lots of flexibility, project oriented"

Current Employee - Marketing & Client Success Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Direct Communication with Founders Team-based decision making High employee investment Flexible hours for part-time workers Fun work environment The co-founders, Joe & Skai, are always open to new ideas and very trusting in their employees - no micro-managing, but are always available for guidance. Working here has vastly improved my skills and confidence in my professional ability.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but things move fast here so potential employees should be able to adapt quickly to client needs.

Advice to Management

Moving in the right direction - keep it up!

Guusto Gifts2019-09-27

September 29, 2019President

Great to hear you've had a positive experience working at Guusto! It is indeed a fast paced environment, so we'll continue to do everything we can to support your efforts to adapt quickly to changing customer needs. It's a treat for us a founders to work with such a capable team of people! Keep up the great work :) Muucho Guusto, Skai - Co-Founder

10. "Great place to work at"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts part-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn and work on high-profile projects. Friendly environment filled with very smart people. Skai and Joe are two great mentor who highly value the opinion of their employees, and are always open to new ideas. The company is growing a lot, which makes us proud of our work.

Cons

Not as structured as a big company, but that's part of the working-in-a-startup deal.

Guusto Gifts2019-09-30

October 3, 2019President

So great to hear that you're proud to work at Guusto!! It has been a major team effort to get the company where it is today, and we're equally proud of all the talented people that have made it happen. Also, we're working on adding a bit more structure to company operations (e.g. weekly department/all team meetings, regular performance reviews), while maintaining a creative environment that encourages innovation. Keep the feedback coming, as it always helps us get better. Muucho Guusto :)

Found 18 reviews