Guusto Gifts Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2020

4.8
Guusto Gifts Co-Founder Skai Dalziel
Skai Dalziel
  1. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Frontend Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great culture - Hardworking team - Everyone is always willing to help each other and learn from one another. Each day I learn something new! - Fun project to work on - Super flexible work hours - Weekly meetings with the entire team to keep each other on track and appreciate everyones hard work - Following Agile Scrum methodology and using modern technologies - Ideas matter!

Cons

I cannot think of any!

2. COVID-19

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director of Client Collaboration in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Guusto is a forward thinking, collaborative and fast paced start up where ideas are encouraged and fostered. A peer to peer environment where hard work and good ideas are continually recognized. Guusto is a leader in employee recognition and strive for their employees to feel valued.

Cons

Currently remote based due to Covid. Saying that, the team still feels connected and engaged.

Continue reading

3. "Very flexible and great place to work!"

Current Employee - Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

At Guusto, I've had the opportunity to learn something new every single day! I enjoy the fact that it is a fast-paced work environment, things change very quickly. Every day brings a new "to-do" list, which currently I am enjoying! The company allows flexibility to take time out for your other commitments. And the weekly meetings are great to keep different teams connected. And if you do a good job, you will be encouraged and appreciated for your work!

Cons

-Sometime, the fast-pace can feel overwhelming at first, especially, when you are trying or doing something new. But, the good thing is that you can always reach out to your seniors or colleagues for help! And they are there to help you.

September 28, 2020Co-Founder

Great to hear you're enjoying the culture at Guusto! We're always excited to see our people develop and excel in their careers. Muucho Guusto, Skai

4. "Great workplace"

Current Employee - Web Developer

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for more than a year

Pros

1 - Good culture, teamwork, and good benefit. 2 - They treated their co-ops very nicely. It gave them lots of experience in the industry. 3- Very flexible hours.

Cons

1- Needs more methodology and planning in the office. Uses any process for delivering tasks as (Scrum or Agile or waterfall).

February 6, 2020Co-Founder

Thanks for taking the time to provide a positive review and feedback on how we can get better! We'll look to implement your suggestions for more processes and planning.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice environment opportunity to try new technologies flexibility remote job benefits

Cons

i dont have any cons

January 27, 2020Co-Founder

We'll continue to look for the best and brightest people to join our team and share our vision to change corporate cultures around the world! We'll empower them to be leaders and celebrate their amazing results :)

6. "Be a Part of Something Special"

Current Employee - Co-Founder in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Accelerated career trajectory - Exciting and fast-paced - Your ideas matter - Flexible work schedule - Encouraged to be your awesome self - Downtown Vancouver office - Living our core values (Listen, Learn, Leap, Lead) - Helping companies create cultures of appreciation and recognition - Social impact

Cons

Tech startup life is not for everyone. We expect our people to work hard and be passionate (but then go home!). During hyper-growth (our current state) priorities can change quickly. As a result, there are always new challenges to tackle. People require a level elasticity, in their role, and an openness to being adaptable, in order to get things done collaboratively. The initial salary is also a bit lower than working for an established corporation. But for those willing to roll up their sleeves, there is a tremendous amount of learning, and the opportunity to fast-track their career.

January 27, 2020Co-Founder

7. "Guusto is awesome! Such a rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Market Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere that encourages learning and values hard work. I continue to learn and grow so much in this position as I started out as an intern one year ago. My experience with Guusto has been nothing but positive and extremely rewarding!

Cons

Could not think of any!

October 16, 2019Co-Founder

So great to hear that you've had such a positive experience working at Guusto! We'll continue to do everything we can to encourage you to LEARN, LEAD, and take LEAPS. We're committed to helping you accelerate your career growth, so never hesitate to chat with us about your career vision and goals. Muucho Guusto :)

8. "A fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Lead Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Guusto Gifts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people that care about what they do. It was a pleasure to be part of the team; I always felt that my work and opinion were valued. The work can be challenging at times, but the atmosphere at Guusto does not make it feel overwhelming at all.

Cons

Not really, keeping doing the amazing work that you are doing

October 10, 2019Co-Founder

Thanks for the kind words! The pleasure was all ours, and we hope your time at Guusto really helped you leap forward in your career. Fingers crossed we have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. Stay in touch, as things are growing fast, and we could have a lead developer role available next year. Muucho Guusto :)

9. "Amazing team and a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing & Customer Success Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are amazing, work is always a fun environment! A lot of flexibility to focus on projects that interest you. Learning opportunities are endless. Great mentorship from co-founders, with a great deal of encouragement and recognition.

Cons

Fast paced environment, so be prepared to adapt quickly.

October 10, 2019Co-Founder

So great to hear you're learning a lot and enjoying the work with your fellow Guustonians. Ultimately, it's our people driving company success, so we'll definitely continue to encourage and support you however possible. Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review! Muucho Guusto :)

10. "Had a great co-op experience at Guusto!"

Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would rate my time as a co-op student at Guusto a 5/5 and I felt recognized throughout the term. Joe took time out to recognize my work on sales and that really helped motivate me to do even more.

Cons

I think one thing that would have made it a 6/5 is receiving more responsibilities as I became accustomed to my role.

October 3, 2019President

Glad to hear you had a 5-star experience working at Guusto! Based on your thoughtful feedback, we'll work on adding more responsibility to junior sales positions, and strive to earn that 6th star. Muucho Guusto :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 English Reviews