Guusto Gifts Reviews

Former Employee

Great company!

Aug 2, 2021 - Admnisrative Assistant in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything was great! Lots of opportunities and room for growth.

Cons

Nothing to complain about, Great CEO and leaders. No complains.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Practices what they preach (and sell) when it comes to valuing employees

Apr 16, 2021 - Head of Growth Marketing in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guusto helps companies consistently recognize employees and build great cultures and this same commitment applies to its own employees. Employee appreciation, growth, empowerment, and recognition are deeply rooted in its DNA, and this permeates into daily operations and decisions. Everyone's input is encouraged and considered and everyone's contributions are recognized - not just the leadership team and managers. Guusto is also incredibly transparent with every department's playbooks, goals, projects, and plans openly available to each other. Weekly meetings also see each department sharing updates and plans for the current sprint. This is a refreshing and welcomed change from the interdepartmental siloing I see at so many companies. Worklife balance is promoted and respected. To personalize things, I was essentially the first EST employee with the rest of the company largely being PST and the company moved all meetings to fall within my standard workday.

Cons

Not a con in a pure sense but because Guusto values cultural fit, attitude, and values alignment almost above all else, the recruitment process is rigorous and taken very seriously by leadership. This means that even skilled candidates that don't align with these principles will likely not proceed to later rounds in the process. The company is also growing rapidly and in typical startup fashion, there are a lot of moving pieces. A great opportunity for those comfortable taking ownership and figuring things out but less so for someone looking for detailed processes and specific directions.

Guusto Gifts Response

Thanks for the review! We are always trying to walk the talk as best we can. As we continue to scale and grow, we will start nailing down more and more of those processes to ensure everyone has everything they need to be successful!

3. 5.0

Amazing place to work!

Sep 30, 2020 - Frontend Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture - Hardworking team - Everyone is always willing to help each other and learn from one another. Each day I learn something new! - Fun project to work on - Super flexible work hours - Weekly meetings with the entire team to keep each other on track and appreciate everyones hard work - Following Agile Scrum methodology and using modern technologies - Ideas matter!

Cons

I cannot think of any!

4. 5.0

A great place to work!

Sep 28, 2020 - Director of Client Collaboration in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Guusto is a forward thinking, collaborative and fast paced start up where ideas are encouraged and fostered. A peer to peer environment where hard work and good ideas are continually recognized. Guusto is a leader in employee recognition and strive for their employees to feel valued.

Cons

Currently remote based due to Covid. Saying that, the team still feels connected and engaged.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very flexible and great place to work!

Sep 24, 2020 - Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Guusto, I've had the opportunity to learn something new every single day! I enjoy the fact that it is a fast-paced work environment, things change very quickly. Every day brings a new "to-do" list, which currently I am enjoying! The company allows flexibility to take time out for your other commitments. And the weekly meetings are great to keep different teams connected. And if you do a good job, you will be encouraged and appreciated for your work!

Cons

-Sometime, the fast-pace can feel overwhelming at first, especially, when you are trying or doing something new. But, the good thing is that you can always reach out to your seniors or colleagues for help! And they are there to help you.

Co-Founder

Great to hear you're enjoying the culture at Guusto! We're always excited to see our people develop and excel in their careers. Muucho Guusto, Skai

6. 5.0

Great workplace

Feb 4, 2020 - Web Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

1 - Good culture, teamwork, and good benefit. 2 - They treated their co-ops very nicely. It gave them lots of experience in the industry. 3- Very flexible hours.

Cons

1- Needs more methodology and planning in the office. Uses any process for delivering tasks as (Scrum or Agile or waterfall).

Co-Founder

Thanks for taking the time to provide a positive review and feedback on how we can get better! We'll look to implement your suggestions for more processes and planning.

7. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 27, 2020 - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice environment opportunity to try new technologies flexibility remote job benefits

Cons

i dont have any cons

Co-Founder

We'll continue to look for the best and brightest people to join our team and share our vision to change corporate cultures around the world! We'll empower them to be leaders and celebrate their amazing results :)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Be a Part of Something Special

Nov 28, 2019 - Co-Founder in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Accelerated career trajectory - Exciting and fast-paced - Your ideas matter - Flexible work schedule - Encouraged to be your awesome self - Downtown Vancouver office - Living our core values (Listen, Learn, Leap, Lead) - Helping companies create cultures of appreciation and recognition - Social impact

Cons

Tech startup life is not for everyone. We expect our people to work hard and be passionate (but then go home!). During hyper-growth (our current state) priorities can change quickly. As a result, there are always new challenges to tackle. People require a level elasticity, in their role, and an openness to being adaptable, in order to get things done collaboratively. The initial salary is also a bit lower than working for an established corporation. But for those willing to roll up their sleeves, there is a tremendous amount of learning, and the opportunity to fast-track their career.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Guusto is awesome! Such a rewarding place to work

Oct 15, 2019 - Market Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere that encourages learning and values hard work. I continue to learn and grow so much in this position as I started out as an intern one year ago. My experience with Guusto has been nothing but positive and extremely rewarding!

Cons

Could not think of any!

Co-Founder

So great to hear that you've had such a positive experience working at Guusto! We'll continue to do everything we can to encourage you to LEARN, LEAD, and take LEAPS. We're committed to helping you accelerate your career growth, so never hesitate to chat with us about your career vision and goals. Muucho Guusto :)

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A fantastic place to work

Oct 6, 2019 - Lead Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people that care about what they do. It was a pleasure to be part of the team; I always felt that my work and opinion were valued. The work can be challenging at times, but the atmosphere at Guusto does not make it feel overwhelming at all.

Cons

Not really, keeping doing the amazing work that you are doing

Co-Founder

Thanks for the kind words! The pleasure was all ours, and we hope your time at Guusto really helped you leap forward in your career. Fingers crossed we have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. Stay in touch, as things are growing fast, and we could have a lead developer role available next year. Muucho Guusto :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews