Guusto Gifts Reviews

Skai Dalziel
  1. "Great workplace"

Current Employee - Web Developer

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for more than a year

Pros

1 - Good culture, teamwork, and good benefit. 2 - They treated their co-ops very nicely. It gave them lots of experience in the industry. 3- Very flexible hours.

Cons

1- Needs more methodology and planning in the office. Uses any process for delivering tasks as (Scrum or Agile or waterfall).

February 6, 2020Co-Founder

Thanks for taking the time to provide a positive review and feedback on how we can get better! We'll look to implement your suggestions for more processes and planning.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice environment opportunity to try new technologies flexibility remote job benefits

Cons

i dont have any cons

January 27, 2020Co-Founder

We'll continue to look for the best and brightest people to join our team and share our vision to change corporate cultures around the world! We'll empower them to be leaders and celebrate their amazing results :)

3. "Be a Part of Something Special"

Current Employee - Co-Founder in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Accelerated career trajectory - Exciting and fast-paced - Your ideas matter - Flexible work schedule - Encouraged to be your awesome self - Downtown Vancouver office - Living our core values (Listen, Learn, Leap, Lead) - Helping companies create cultures of appreciation and recognition - Social impact

Cons

Tech startup life is not for everyone. We expect our people to work hard and be passionate (but then go home!). During hyper-growth (our current state) priorities can change quickly. As a result, there are always new challenges to tackle. People require a level elasticity, in their role, and an openness to being adaptable, in order to get things done collaboratively. The initial salary is also a bit lower than working for an established corporation. But for those willing to roll up their sleeves, there is a tremendous amount of learning, and the opportunity to fast-track their career.

January 27, 2020Co-Founder

4. "Guusto is awesome! Such a rewarding place to work"

Current Employee - Market Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere that encourages learning and values hard work. I continue to learn and grow so much in this position as I started out as an intern one year ago. My experience with Guusto has been nothing but positive and extremely rewarding!

Cons

Could not think of any!

October 16, 2019Co-Founder

So great to hear that you've had such a positive experience working at Guusto! We'll continue to do everything we can to encourage you to LEARN, LEAD, and take LEAPS. We're committed to helping you accelerate your career growth, so never hesitate to chat with us about your career vision and goals. Muucho Guusto :)

5. "A fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Lead Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Guusto Gifts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people that care about what they do. It was a pleasure to be part of the team; I always felt that my work and opinion were valued. The work can be challenging at times, but the atmosphere at Guusto does not make it feel overwhelming at all.

Cons

Not really, keeping doing the amazing work that you are doing

October 10, 2019Co-Founder

Thanks for the kind words! The pleasure was all ours, and we hope your time at Guusto really helped you leap forward in your career. Fingers crossed we have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. Stay in touch, as things are growing fast, and we could have a lead developer role available next year. Muucho Guusto :)

6. "Amazing team and a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing & Customer Success Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are amazing, work is always a fun environment! A lot of flexibility to focus on projects that interest you. Learning opportunities are endless. Great mentorship from co-founders, with a great deal of encouragement and recognition.

Cons

Fast paced environment, so be prepared to adapt quickly.

October 10, 2019Co-Founder

So great to hear you're learning a lot and enjoying the work with your fellow Guustonians. Ultimately, it's our people driving company success, so we'll definitely continue to encourage and support you however possible. Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review! Muucho Guusto :)

7. "Had a great co-op experience at Guusto!"

Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would rate my time as a co-op student at Guusto a 5/5 and I felt recognized throughout the term. Joe took time out to recognize my work on sales and that really helped motivate me to do even more.

Cons

I think one thing that would have made it a 6/5 is receiving more responsibilities as I became accustomed to my role.

October 3, 2019President

Glad to hear you had a 5-star experience working at Guusto! Based on your thoughtful feedback, we'll work on adding more responsibility to junior sales positions, and strive to earn that 6th star. Muucho Guusto :)

8. "Great product, great people to work with"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Guusto Gifts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Guusto provided an opportunity to start my career in Canada as a software developer. It was lot of fun working closely with founders. They are very supportive and working with them have helped me learn lot of things about startup and its functions. I made connections with people in tech community while I was working at Guusto and ever since it has helped me boost my career. Landing job at Guusto built strong foundation for my career and I couldn't have done it without their support.

Cons

I was the first developer hired. Although I had an opportunity to work on different projects, it would have been nice to have few other developers on the team to help with the projects.

October 3, 2019President

Thanks for the glowing review! We really enjoyed working with you to get the company off the ground, and couldn't have done it without you. We look forward to hopefully having you re-join our growing team in the future. Muucho Guusto :)

"Great work environment, lots of flexibility, project oriented"

Current Employee - Marketing & Client Success Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Direct Communication with Founders Team-based decision making High employee investment Flexible hours for part-time workers Fun work environment The co-founders, Joe & Skai, are always open to new ideas and very trusting in their employees - no micro-managing, but are always available for guidance. Working here has vastly improved my skills and confidence in my professional ability.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but things move fast here so potential employees should be able to adapt quickly to client needs.

September 29, 2019President

Great to hear you've had a positive experience working at Guusto! It is indeed a fast paced environment, so we'll continue to do everything we can to support your efforts to adapt quickly to changing customer needs. It's a treat for us a founders to work with such a capable team of people! Keep up the great work :) Muucho Guusto, Skai - Co-Founder

10. "Great place to work at"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Guusto Gifts part-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn and work on high-profile projects. Friendly environment filled with very smart people. Skai and Joe are two great mentor who highly value the opinion of their employees, and are always open to new ideas. The company is growing a lot, which makes us proud of our work.

Cons

Not as structured as a big company, but that's part of the working-in-a-startup deal.

October 3, 2019President

So great to hear that you're proud to work at Guusto!! It has been a major team effort to get the company where it is today, and we're equally proud of all the talented people that have made it happen. Also, we're working on adding a bit more structure to company operations (e.g. weekly department/all team meetings, regular performance reviews), while maintaining a creative environment that encourages innovation. Keep the feedback coming, as it always helps us get better. Muucho Guusto :)

Found 16 reviews