Guiker Reviews

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Found 16 of over 18 reviews

4.6
Guiker Founder and CEO Nan Hao (no image)
Nan Hao

229 Comments

Tech

85.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Guiker~1474974
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team, ambitious vision

Nov 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-solving an important problem -massive market -hardworking team -decisive leadership

Cons

-could be more celebration of milestones

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

One of the best startup company in Quebec

Oct 29, 2021 - N/A
    Business Outlook

Pros

pretty good experience so far, healthy working environment. zero micromanagement.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work, the team is really nice

Oct 24, 2021 - Leasing Associate in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours Autonomous work Small company - you can get implicated quickly

Cons

Not a lot of structure

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bold Leadership, Exciting Technology & Innovative Teams 🚀

Jun 6, 2021 - Full-Stack Software Developer in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tons of responsibility and room for growth. The tech stack is based on bleeding edge technologies so it's a very refreshing product to work on. The team also has an excellent implementation of Devops practices and principles in addition to strong technical leads. Definitely a great place to work if you are looking to become a more capable developer.

Cons

None that I can think of at the time of writing

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place for autonomy and ownership

Feb 3, 2021 - Marketing Lead in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The greatest thing about Guiker is that no one in the company believes they can't do better. Every person is setting out to build something great but knowing there's always room for improvement. That kind of mentality forces us to prioritize and think innovatively with the resources we have. In my experience so far, I think the company managed my expectation appropriately and always exceeds it. They don't promise a workplace built on free snacks, a foosball table, and all the extra perks. They're driven by the work and success of the product. Everyone is honest about what they can do better and are always actively working on improving - better projects, better workflow, better communication. That's what drew me to Guiker, and that's what keeps me motivated. If you're someone who can work autonomously, take ownership, and results-driven, this is a great place for you. You can't be laid back and wait for tasks to come to you. Things move fast here, and priorities shift, so you need to be adaptable to the work and other teams.

Cons

It's slowly improving but I think we should foster a culture that celebrates wins and gives shout-outs to team members more often.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent student job that pays sufficiently and is fun to do

Feb 12, 2021 - Sales and Leasing Agent in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strengthens communication skills and sales techniques

Cons

Time consuming, tedious and risky if there is property damage by tenants

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

A good place to work and to learn

Jan 21, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good communication within the engineering team Technical stack is interesting Good place to learn Ownership is given even to most junior employees Things are changing fast when problems arise

Cons

Nothing we're not currently trying to fix

8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company to work at

Dec 17, 2019 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture and lots of opportunities to grow

Cons

sometimes there's micromanagement and hard to have autonomy

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work if you like challenge

Nov 6, 2019 - Software Developer in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and friendly working environment. People here are all professional and really cares bout what they are working for. As a small team, everyone's opportunities are been respected. If you are willing to take responsibility, you could strongly feel how important your contributions are to the product and the team. It's a good place for self-driven learners and who want to challenge themselves. The workload is kind of heavy, and people here are expecting their product getting better every day. If you truly love your career, this is the place that could provide more chances and forcing you to grow fast.

Cons

Pros could be Cons for different people. If you are looking for free breakfast and snacks, get off at 4, only do things that others told you to do so without going deep, this is not the place suitable for you.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great if you’re hungry, creative and looking to challenge yourself.

Aug 12, 2019 - Director of Product in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros and cons are biased by nature, I’d rather describe how we do things and let you make your own opinion. I’ve been here for 7 months and can confidently say that we’re in a very special place, yet one that is not for everyone. We’re after disrupting real estate, one of the most established and competitive markets. To love this kind of work, you’ve got to love the grind, creative problem solving, taking ownership and being persistent. Things move fast, objectives change and we need to adapt to the opportunities that come up. As of today, the product and engineering team is the most mature amongst all, and we’re working hard to grow our sales, marketing and operations capabilities as we get ready to expand to new cities. We’re all very aware of the opportunity that we have to build profound and long-lasting customer value. We take none of it for granted and are fully aware of the challenges that lay ahead and the personal and professional growth we’ll achieve by pursuing them. We value honesty and open communication and seek to create a space that welcomes ideas and collaboration. If you like what you’ve just read then you’ll like it here. I personally love it!

Cons

Please see the comment above.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews