Groupon Employee Reviews about "work from home"
43% would recommend to a friend
(113 total reviews)
34% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and very international" (in 371 reviews)
- "Great Culture and as long as you perform well you can pretty much be your own boss and do anything you want." (in 232 reviews)
- "Work / Life balance is good" (in 162 reviews)
- "Good benefits (would be great with 401k match and more tolerable work envt)" (in 118 reviews)
- "Good work environment to work in" (in 82 reviews)
- "Bad management very lazy is their approach" (in 246 reviews)
- "Pay is low unless you're one of the chosen high ups and politics has everything to do with being chosen." (in 121 reviews)
- "Inexperienced managers leading teams." (in 110 reviews)
- "Senior Leadership and Technology is poor" (in 77 reviews)
- "Salary is LOW so if you have poor lead quality then you're sunk in the income department." (in 68 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Groupon and is not affected by filters.
Found 113 of over 4K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work from home"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Feb 9, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
One of the few work from home jobs that doesn't require a landline and has a steady schedule.
Low turnover so it's difficult to get non-phone jobs, must work evenings, and the general stress that comes with working in a call center with high volume and angry customers.
- 4.0Jan 20, 2020Content Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChicago, IL
Flexible hours and the ability to work from home when needed Unlimited time off policy Free shuttle to office from many train lines, both Metra and CTA Great people who share Groupon's values Positive work environment and culture Tons of opportunities for internal advancement Focus on training opportunities Good perks and benefits overall
Employees moved from one business unit to another may not be in the correct salary bracket and may need to work with new managers/HR to ensure fair compensation on new team2Groupon Response4y
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're so happy to hear that you're loving our perks! We're really proud of our flexible environment and how we've cultivated a culture that promotes a positive work-life balance. We agree— our internal mobility program is a great resource to discover new advancement and development opportunities. You're right, a critical part of internal mobility (and our process at Groupon) is ensuring compensation is appropriately adjusted. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and for all that you do here at Groupon!
- 5.0Oct 1, 2019Merchant Development ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsChicago, IL
Good benefits, unlimited PTO, matching 401-K, Productive and supportive work environment
Work can be 100% work from home but that isn't an option made available to employees
- 3.0Jan 14, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
great company to work for, great benefits, freedom at work ! You can work from home if you have something planned that day as long as your job is done
still a young company, many people to get through to get a clear answer. They promised me something and we're not able to fulfil their promise1
- 4.0Sept 8, 2021Senior Content ManagerCurrent EmployeeChicago, IL
The flexibility and amazing work/life balance. I work from home and never feel that I bring my work home with me. Great benefits and an even better work culture.
Like most tech companies things are constantly changing and at times you have to adjust to those changes really quickly.
- 3.0Sept 25, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeLondon, England
Talent Development - Groupon does a phenomenal job of skilling you for your role. One of the most active engagement programs I have seen across corporates. Very clear communication around organizational expectation from the role. Active support from managers and peers alike to help you achieve your goals. Systems - Groupon has invested in building a great systems infrastructure that definitely gives your a productivity boost. If you are a millennial and want consumer grade apps to work with this is the place for you
Work Culture - Doesn't have the energy of a tech startup (...ish). Mainly because of massive inflexibility around work timings. No work from home policy and too much importance given to working from the office premises. Clearly some old school HR leadership is not helping attract or retain next gen talent. I witnessed some key position attrition purely because of archaic and inflexible work policies Pay - Significantly lower than major competitors1
- 3.0Jan 19, 2016Business Development DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMiami, FL
Work from home and make your own schedule.
NO ONE wanted to work with Groupon; they are the past and they will shut down businesses!4
- 5.0Sept 4, 2018Software Engineer(Internship)Former Intern, less than 1 yearPalo Alto, CA
Salary is one of the highest for an intern at $7700/month plus a $10000 signing bonus They give you real responsibilities They are super chill (I worked 30 hours per week and worked from home sometimes) Great intern events
Living in Palo Alto was expensive