Cover image for Groupe Marcelle

55% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 29 of over 49 reviews

3.3
Groupe Marcelle President  David Cape (no image)
David Cape
1 Rating

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl™ on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the conversation

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of Groupe Marcelle and is not affected by filters.

1. 5.0
      Oct 1, 2023
      Sales
      Current Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Corporate Values Great products Wonderful Team Appreciation of employees Ability to make a difference

Cons

Working at a smaller company means having to do more yourself.

1. 2.0
        Aug 10, 2023
        Brand Manager
        Former Employee, more than 1 year
        Business Outlook

Pros

Free cosmetics and lunch out with colleagues

Cons

Schizophrenic orders asked to do things and its contrary. Toxic work culture of unwarranted public call outs. Departments in the red somehow keep low-performing directors. Top performers fired for ego reasons to appease yesmen. Office politics comparable to a Roman Senate session during the last days of the Empire.

2. Join the Groupe Marcelle team
        See Our Latest Jobs
          Aug 8, 2023
          Graphic Designer
          Current Employee, less than 1 year
          Business Outlook

Pros

- 3 weeks vacation when you start - Pretty good health insurance - Lots of free beauty products and employee prices

Cons

- Lots of employee turnover - Communication between teams not great - The office location, environment and culture sucks - Too many people having big egos in the management

Jul 8, 2023
            Assistant Brand Manager
            Current Employee, more than 1 year
            Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of freedom in creativity, nice people, great company to learn. You get to take a lot of decisions.

Cons

Low salaries, staff does not stay a long time, lack of communication between the departments , no recognition from the company, working a lot of overtimes, difficulty to find staff to fil in empty positions, a lot of pressure for deadlines

1. 5.0
              Aug 17, 2023
              Manufacturer
              Former Employee
              Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible on a day of when needed.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Aug 17, 2023
                Ecommerce Coordinator
                Former Employee, less than 1 year
                Business Outlook

Pros

Great for learning Fun industry Flexible work

Cons

Really toxic work environement No room for actual growth or recognition Underpaid, overworked

Aug 1, 2023
                  Operations Manager
                  Former Employee, more than 3 years
                  Business Outlook

Pros

Flex work is a great perk.

Cons

Toxic authoritarian management, staff bullying new team members, high pressure with low resources but low actual performance assessment which is instead based on seniority/office cliques. Zero diversity at the upper echelons. Avoid this company for your own sake.

Jul 12, 2023
                    Graphic Designer
                    Former Employee, less than 1 year
                    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Multiple projects to work on.

Cons

No structure. Difficulty communicating and getting necessary info. Tight deadlines and lack of staff, working a lot of overtime. Bosses weren’t honest, and there was very unprofessional and toxic behavior in regards to certain employees. No one stayed and it was hard to find competent staff.

Jun 19, 2023
                      Analyst
                      Current Employee
                      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, team work, good learning experience

Cons

Too much work and too many objectives

1. 4.0
                        Mar 26, 2023
                        R and D Scientist
                        Former Employee, more than 3 years
                        Business Outlook

Pros

nice coworkers good benefices flexible hours

Cons

not innovation difficult to grow on different positions

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Groupe Marcelle Reviews FAQs

Groupe Marcelle has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 49 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Groupe Marcelle to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -17% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Groupe Marcelle employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Groupe Marcelle. This rating has decreased by -18% over the last 12 months.

55% of Groupe Marcelle employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Groupe Marcelle 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Groupe Marcelle Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Graduate Student

Hi! Looking for some advice regarding hiring processes. I completed 2 interviews with the company and they emailed to say they "want to put me forward for the job" and asked for references, passport, and for me to do a background check. I didn't hear anything for a week, so then emailed to check on my application status. They responded saying they would get back at the end of that week. Its been 2 weeks since. I emailed last week to ask for an update and have not received a response. Thoughts?

6 Comments

ComEd

Got booted from my former position about 4 years ago, which I LOVED. I have the impression I was "kept" in sympathy. Now that I have my feet beneath me, I feel like I'm running in place. Over the past 2 years, I've probably applied for about 100 positions in other departments. True, a few were unlikely moonshots, but for the most part I didn't misrepresent myself. Am I the world's worst interviewer? Otherwise.. shouldn't I have been accepted elsewhere, by choice?

4 Comments

Administrative Assistant

I haven't worked since Jan. 2020 when my job as administrative assistant for the Hospitalist group was eliminated. I can't begin to count the number of applications submitted, interviews I've had, jobs that I was told were mine then they weren't, etc. Several jobs have fallen through or not panned out. I am not a job hopper and want to stay where I go. I have a zoom interview tomorrow for a front desk receptionist position at an oral surgeon's office. Any interview tips are appreciated.

6 Comments

Glassdoor has 49 Groupe Marcelle reviews submitted anonymously by Groupe Marcelle employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Groupe Marcelle is right for you.