Groupe Encore Reviews

Updated May 5, 2020

2.9
Groupe Encore Founder/CEO Monique Mardinian (no image)
Monique Mardinian
  1. "Really great people"

I have been working at Groupe Encore full-time for more than a year

Pros

since I’ve been at Encore, I can really see the focus on improvement and its people. Above all, the people are awesome, which makes it a really great place to work. They’ve also made big steps in becoming bcorp as well as focusing on diversity. A great environment to learn and work in.

Cons

Office and be a little noisy, meeting rooms are sometimes all booked.

"Run!"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Saint-Laurent, QC

I worked at Groupe Encore full-time for less than a year

Pros

Met some great people during my time there

Cons

- Salary - Benefits are bad (no FAM, insurance covers nothing and is super expensive) - Lots of distrust - CEO is a bully, thinks she knows it all

"Salary is great"

2.0
    Former Employee - Corporate Travel Consultant

I worked at Groupe Encore full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Salary is great , location is wonderful if u live in ville Saint Laurent, the people are very friendly

Cons

They need to stop putting employees in different positions without training. They need to care more about the employees since it’s a family own company.... because everyone there complains but just tough it out until they reach the breaking point

"It’s tough to work at encore"

I have been working at Groupe Encore full-time

Pros

They have food and a dog who can be cute but is also loud when you’re trying to make bookings. The people who work there that aren’t managers are great people.

Cons

It’s very dark to work at Encore. People are never happy and never smiling. People are sad or mad when they work. Everyone clocks in and clocks out and doesn’t care to put in more effort because what’s the point? They don’t have any culture or structure or organization. I suggest working at any other travel management company, the hours may be good at encore but that’s it.

"Worse place i have ever worked , Unsanitary, dirty office"

Current Employee - Corporate Travel Agent in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Groupe Encore full-time for less than a year

Pros

they even advertise free breakfast but what you get is just cereal that no one eats

Cons

I have been working at Encore Travel since 6 months , i already start looking for another job. We have been promised 2 full weeks training, but after a week they threw us on the floor , we did not get full 2 weeks training , when we have questions there is zero support , no one knows what they are doing , Its just total chaos , They keep lying us about all kind of stuff. It is the worse management i have ever seen . Office is not healthy there are dogs are running around , they bring their dogs without knowing if anyone is scared from dogs , Dog poops and pee all over the place , no one cleans carpets or coaches so unhealthily , office smells really bad , people keep getting sick . office is extremely loud you can not even hear clients on the phone , all they hear is dog barks. i did regret coming here as couple new agents , i am already looking to get the hell out of here. Before i came i heard that owner was crazy now i can confirm that it is true.

Continue reading
  6. "Great values, great collaboration, strong culture"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Groupe Encore part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are curious and want to keep learning its the place to be. Recognition is built in to the culture with a weekly company wide huddle where everyone shares results and shout outs of gratitude. Management is hands on, available and engaged. People team is off the charts! No red tape, no politics.

Cons

Expectations are high, engagement is expected, options are required. If you want to get a job rather than a career this is not the place for you.

Continue reading

"A dynamic company with great culture!"

I have been working at Groupe Encore full-time

Pros

I love the work I'm doing! I love my team and my manager! I feel cared about at Encore. I enjoy the weekly meetings to discuss my goals and progress. Everyone is very helpful and friendly, including the owner, Monique. The office is recently renovated and a pleasure to come to every morning.

Cons

If you are uncomfortable with change and innovation, you won't be happy at Encore.

March 21, 2019People and Culture Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy working here!

"Great Company and Great Colleagues!"

Current Employee - Agent in Saint-Laurent, QC

I have been working at Groupe Encore full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really fun environment to work in. It's a place where you feel included and part of the family from day 1. A great work-life balance and company-wide huddles every Friday. The managers are great and have created great relationships with not only their own teams, but all teams are collaborative together within the company. I appreciate that the management team is hands-on and appreciates our feedback and ideas. A lot of room for collaboration, and an environment where you have the opportunity to learn from other people, who are very knowledgable in their fields. Overall I feel really fortunate to be part of this team and where the company is going. The CEO is wonderful and is very clear on the company's strategy. She is very transparent in sharing the company vision with the entire Encore Team. Great culture to be a part of.

Cons

The office is at a great location, but not much in walking distance in the winter.

March 21, 2019People and Culture Specialist

Thank you for the feedback! We agree that a collaborative environment is a main driving force for success. Thank you for taking to write a review.

"Great company that deserves to be recognized for it"

I have been working at Groupe Encore full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve been at Encore for over a year now, and I have very few bad things to say about it. Reading other peoples’ reviews about the CEO being “crazy” is really unfortunate. Some people don’t understand what innovation and vision should look like. The company provides its employees with fantastic opportunities and a great experience. From an annual company weekend retreat to great events throughout the year, Encore definitely has a family-esque feel. Also, hard work is ALWAYS recognized here. If you come and put in your all, it will definitely be noticed and rewarded.

Cons

Being innovative requires change. I don’t personally see this as a con, but some might.

March 21, 2019People and Culture Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are dedicated to creating an environment that our team enjoys working in. Management sessions, town hall meetings and career development training are just a few ways that we help our team achieve success.

"Worst work environment I have ever been in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint-Laurent, QC

I have been working at Groupe Encore full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free breakfast, which is sometimes not there. Salaries are also decent in this company

Cons

Owner has no respect for her employees, removing them from one position to another as if they were here property! She changes her mind as often as she changes her clothes, and this includes her strategies. No long-term thinking, everything could change for no reason, and job security is non existent. Very stressful workplace, especially since employees are fired arbitrarily without proper distribution of their duties.

March 21, 2019Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. Being a part of an innovative team such as Encore, change is a given. Although we have a clear vision and strategy, the ability to adapt and change course when required is critical for the growth of the organization. We pride ourselves on learning from the past and are focused on constant improvement. We have now put several resources and systems in place to ensure that our team members understand how they each contribute to the long term success of Encore. That being said, when it's clear that something is not working, we correct it. If you are open to a conversation with me, I would like to discuss how we can better manage how change impacts you and how we can support you with this. Our goal at Encore is to ensure that each individual feels like a valued member of the team.

Found 26 reviews