Greystar Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 23, 2021

Found 148 of over 2,157 reviews

3.8
Greystar Founder & CEO    Bob Faith
Bob Faith
1,116 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great benefits, Place for growth(in 141 reviews)

• "Opportunity for growth all over(in 75 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management was not great and there was no work life balance(in 90 reviews)

• "Work-Life Balance can be difficult(in 85 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Jan 23, 2021 - Leasing Agent in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The compensation was okay and the location was nice

Cons

Upper management was not great and there was no work life balance

Greystar Response

Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and for your 3 years of service. We are happy to see compensation was competitive and the location convenient for you. I would like to learn or hear more regarding your feedback on upper management and work life balance. If you are open to discussing please reach out to me at Courtney.brooks@greystar.com. We wish you the best in your next adventure!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company great benefits

Dec 9, 2020 - Assistant Community Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great health benefits and work life balance. I have the best manager ever.

Cons

Not too sure about advancement opportunities just yet. Been here a little Over a year.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company

Dec 23, 2020 - Community Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, move up quickly

Cons

Work life balance, definitely expected to work after hours of in upper management

Continue reading

Greystar Response

Director Talent Acquisition

First and foremost, thank you for your 5+ years of service! Your feedback is so important to our business and helps to guide us as we continue to grow in NY. I encourage you to reach out to your RPM, Director, or myself so we can learn more about your advice to management. I know these are things we strive for and are top of mind with our NY leadership team. I know they would be curious to hear your suggestions! Thank you for all that you do. Onward and upward!

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Fair place to work

Dec 14, 2020 - Assistant Community Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, good benefits for the most part

Cons

Extremely overwhelming work load at bigger properties, no work life balance. Little diversity.

5. 4.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Nov 11, 2020 - Sales Associate in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of colleagues and management, good work/life balance

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities for younger team

6. 4.0

Great Environment but Bad Pay

Oct 31, 2020 - Porter in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great benefits and awesome events.

Cons

Bad pay, they take forever to consider a raise, toxic management, horrible work/life balance

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0

Not what they seem

Dec 8, 2020 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

insurance, insurance, insurance, pay, insurance

Cons

management, communication, commission pay, work life balance, compassion

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Working as leasing agent

Nov 11, 2020 - Leasing Agent in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, beautiful offices to work in, commission is great

Cons

Work on weekends, hard to have work/life balance. Lots of competition for growth.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great training, lots of room for growth within the company

Oct 27, 2020 - Leasing Consultant in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training provided set you up for success

Cons

Lack of work/life balance. Also seemed to be a lack of organization when it came to job roles in the apartment complex I was in.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Large Company that Lost Sight of its Values

Nov 3, 2020 - Community Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

-I had a great work life balance as a CM. I have seen other people absolutely lose their mind though... it is what you make of it. -Free apartment if you are a CM. Make sure your contract states that you are required to live onsite or that you have a letter from ownership saying they require you to live onsite or you have to pay taxes. **They are starting to move away from this a little bit, but, again, it depends on your regional. Some regionals will convince their client that they should only pay X amount for a free apartment and that you will be responsible for the rest. Be valued, know your worth, get that free apt if you need it. -Abundant sick time, make sure you USE it though. **wish they had moved to grouping in vacation/ sick time as PTO as other companies are moving towards. -401k is 100% vested after only 2 years. Crazy!

Cons

There are a lot of reasons why I left Greystar. Ultimately it came down to the lack of support I felt as a manager. "Greystar" was not on my team. Additional cons: -Boast about upward mobility, but this is seriously false. My region has hired many regionals from outside companies instead of promoting the 4 senior property managers we had at buildings. I was successful in getting a promotion in the company, but I had to leave my region and move across the country to do so. I was often non-responded to from hiring managers when submitting an internal application. -Pay is average, yet fair. However, if you get promoted, your pay will no longer be fair or competitive. It is best to enter this company and NOT be promoted as they increase your salary based on what you were previously making. Not what the position should pay as "there is no average pay for a position." Clearly they never heard of Glassdoor. -Speaking of promotions, you will see your fair share of nepotism. It is what it is; getting hired is one thing, but blatantly fast tracking these people for promotions is absurd and puts a damper on morale throughout the managers. -Benefits are expensive for such a large company. It's nice they pay for your insurance after 5 years and that you see a reduction after 3, but it is still crazy high. Also, they don't cover your short term/ long term disability. -We are a 3rd party management company. Even if your owner wants to do something their way, Greystar will shove all their "Greystar" products down the throats of their clients to try to get achieve all the kick-backs from our vendors. When ownership doesn't want it.. doesn't matter!

Continue reading