Greystar Reviews

3.9
Greystar Founder & CEO    Bob Faith
Bob Faith
1,038 Ratings
Pros
  • "Great benefits, Place for growth(in 141 reviews)

• "Opportunity for growth all over(in 75 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management was not great and there was no work life balance(in 90 reviews)

• "Work-Life Balance can be difficult(in 85 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best employer I have worked for.

Feb 2, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Advisor in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Advancement, pay, benefits, culture, management, empowerment, professionalism.

Cons

You will stay busy but that's not a bad thing.

2. 5.0

Great

Sep 14, 2020 - Project Coordinator in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work man

Cons

No place on earth is as good as this

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Beware New College Grad Program

Jun 9, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was pretty good for being straight out of college. Hours per week were predictable — I think I only got paid overtime once. Scheduling was less predictable, and working weekends was common. Bonuses for every lease I closed were nice. I became mentally stronger. This job hardened my heart and calloused my mind. I got a discount on my rent, which was cool. However, I must caution you against living where you work. Residents would bother me with requests on my days off, and it was hard to set boundaries. Eventually, living where I worked resulted in near-constant anxiety.

Cons

The rate of turnover here was insane. People were constantly getting fired or quitting out of desperation. Absenteeism was also off the charts. I was often alone in the office, totally green and dealing with requests I was not yet equipped to handle. Nothing was organized. Nothing ever worked. Every day here was a catastrophe. This place completely broke people. I believe that many of the people I worked with had serious substance abuse issues, and I can hardly blame them. I was made to believe that this job could serve as a way for me to learn Greystar's business from the ground up, then put my business degree to use in a corporate role. Even if such an opportunity did eventually come through, I don't think I would have taken it. My time working on-site had soured my view of the company to the point that I lost interest in working for them in any capacity. Nearly all of the friends I made at orientation have also quit and moved on.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not Impressed after all the hype of this Real Estate Giant"

Jul 15, 2021 - Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Generous PTO (that you can never take and when you do, you'll still be working)

Cons

No support for their software - everything requires a ticket that won'e be responded to for days and in some cases it won't be resolved for weeks. Simple processes are micromanaged when that time and effort could be better spent in actual training and assisting, but instead you will be directed to a library of SOPs with outdated forms and information. Feels like they micromanage to mitigate their own liability without providing clear and specific guidance. As another reviewer put it, they've taken ALL of the fun out of property management.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

FOUR ATL RPMs quit in 1 MONTH. Maybe someone (HR) should ask WHY. Hint: People quit people.

May 22, 2021 - Community Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have the ability to learn more than you ever thought possible because of the trial by fire, sink or swim onboarding process. There is always room for growth and advancement, but only realistic if you have support from your supervisor and their supervisor.

Cons

1. Senior management is unresponsive and chooses to care more about clients than employees. 2. Immeasurable lack of support, non-communication and uninvolvement from the directors all unnecessarily contribute to creating difficult environments to work in. 3. Favoritism plays a big part of possible advancement opportunity. It’s not WHAT you know, it’s WHO you know. 4. Extremely high turnover in every department because because zero work/life balance exists with reporting requirements. 5. Inefficient broken software everywhere you turn and new “service now” help desk may respond in 2 weeks if you’re lucky.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Workplace

Jul 29, 2021 - Community Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely people and a great culture. I always felt at home working here, and you will too! Flexible hours and even better benefits.

Cons

Dealing with residents, poor management, unmotivated co-workers. Little to no instruction from management. Mostly positive experiences, but definitely some cons.

7. 4.0

Love Greystar

Jul 29, 2021 - Leasing Professional in Tallahassee, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room for advancement and growth/ locations spread all around the world so not limited to one area.

Cons

Large company so easy to get lost in the crowd.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not much great to say

Jul 13, 2021 - Community Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Community Managers are paid well

Cons

Your staff won't be paid well, no work life balance, you'll be expected to do no less than 30 reports a week and will never have time to actually manage your community, walk the units, meet residents etc. Greystar has taken any part of why I loved my job and crushed it when they bought the company I was working for 2 years ago. They're too big, you won't know anyone from home office, the expectations are so high and they continue to add to your already overflowing plate. You won't have opportunities to grow unless you are buddies with the higher ups, no matter your experience.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

No work/life balance

Jul 30, 2021 - Leasing Professional in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are pretty decent. Some people were okay to work with.

Cons

Work every Saturday & Sunday so it makes it very difficult to have a life outside of work. Office is pretty dull.

10. 4.0

Overall good company

Jul 21, 2021 - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Health Benefits -Room to grow -Trying to be progressive -PTO/Personal Days/Sick Time -Holiday Pay -M-F shift for managers -Job security

Cons

-Pay is low compared to some management companies-depends on the property -Politics based-you need to know someone to move up -Not a lot of room to provide feedback

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,989 Reviews