Gregg Distributors Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Gregg Distributors Reviews

Updated 10 Nov 2019

2.1
Gregg Distributors CEO Gary Gregg  (no image)
Gary Gregg
Pros
  • "Good management, friendly environment, Good pay(in 10 reviews)

• "quarterly bonuses (dried up with the downturn)(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "No talking,no radio, no drinks on the floor but water, spied on constantly, not allowed cellphone(in 6 reviews)

• "You might offense one of them even going to washroom(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Gregg Distributors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great place to learn to work in a structured environment where it inculcate discipline and positiveness in the employee. Gregg Distributors is truly an examplery company all Canadian organization who strive to succeed should emulate.

Cons

The interaction between mismanagement should be more cordial.

Advice to Management

Continue with what you have succeed in doing, which is a company that promotes diversity and harmony within the organization be it social responsibility as well as staff welfare.

Gregg Distributors2019-08-29
  2. "Narcissistic, cult atmosphere. Everything little thing you do better be for Gregg's!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Red Deer, AB

I worked at Gregg Distributors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay, extra days off. Bonuses

Cons

Negative environment, managers who have no skills in managing people. Controlling, suffocating, no fun, work ethic/intelligence is second to.....you know!

Advice to Management

Care about the people that work for you. How hard is it to tell someone they are doing a good job. Quit playing high school and run a building full of adults.

Gregg Distributors2019-11-10

"run away"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Gregg Distributors full-time for more than a year

Pros

You do learn about new products

Cons

Very unhappy and stressful atmosphere to work highly micromanaged

Gregg Distributors2019-10-06
  4. "Easily the worst place to work."

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Gregg Distributors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy... Not working here anymore.

Cons

Where does one start.... Very negative atmosphere... If you don't buy into their stupid system you're out... I could go on and on but the best advice I could give is STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS....

Advice to Management

Grow up. We are not in middle school anymore. What EVERYONE has said about this place is very true. But Gregg's think they have it all figured out.

Gregg Distributors2019-08-29
  5. "Very Enjoyable Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Gregg Distributors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

8 years and counting..... What a ride for the first 8 years of my career here at Gregg Distributors. Choosing to come here has turned into a very positive decision for my family and I. I recognized early on that what you put into your career is what you will get out. For those that choose to come to work, be a positive person, team player, and demonstrate a strong work ethic, it has become obvious to me that the... company is prepared to reward those individuals through quarterly bonuses and wage increases throughout the year. I am extremely happy with my job and love the team of people that I get to work with every day. I would recommend working at Gregg Distributors to anyone looking for a fulfilling career. To this point though, I appreciate the fact that those people who come with a negative attitude, are lazy on the job and choose to cause trouble do not last long as the company culture flushes them out, those types of people should simply not apply.

Cons

None, I truly appreciate the opportunities that this job has brought to my family.

Gregg Distributors2019-07-09

"Fantastic place to work."

Current Employee - Sales in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at Gregg Distributors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's time for one of the silent majority to speak up. I find it a little discouraging that sites like these only seem to draw negative criticisms. Greggs is a fantastic place to work and here's a few examples why. You don't survive and thrive in business as long as Greggs has without doing something right. And, being recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies is only confirmation of that fact. The company... wants you to do well and provides all the training and education to do so. Plus, there are many fantastic perks. Last year, for example, Gregg Distributors celebrated 50 years in business and every employee was given a generous financial gift based on time of service. Mine was $40,000! There wasn't any public fanfare as this was a gift and not a marketing promotion. Also, when an employee has a baby the company gives them a $1000 "Welcome To The World" gift just to help get the family off to a great start. We've had families that have had 3 children since 2015. That's $3000! What other companies do you ever hear of doing things like these? This is an environment that rewards you based on merit. What you get is a reflection of what you put in and how you're treated is a reflection of how you treat the company. On sites like these you never read about someone who admits, "I'm not at Greggs because it was my fault." "I showed up late for work 4 of of 5 days and on the 5th day I phoned in sick." Or, "I liked to stretch my 15 minute coffee breaks to 25 minutes." Or, "I couldn't figure out how to pick an order right." On sites like these you never see someone take responsibility. Not everyone can play for the Raptors. Not everyone is a Kawhi Leonard or a Kyle Lowry. Do you think the Raptors showed up at practice this year and the coach said, "Do what you want." and that's why they were successful. I don't think so. There were probably guys who didn't make the team or didn't get the playing time they thought they should and they complained to anyone who would listen, "Management doesn't know what they're doing." "Coach doesn't know how to motivate." Now look at them - they're NBA Champions. Here at Greggs, I'm on a championship team and I'm enjoying the run!

Cons

No cons. This is a very rewarding, successful place to work.

Gregg Distributors2019-06-28

"Great company, just not to work for"

I worked at Gregg Distributors

Pros

Very easy system, easy to learn, some training, tons of walking great for weight loss! Some friendly staff (after the 2nd week).

Cons

Very boring and reptative work with the same day over and over. You're expected to still pick orders at 4:58pm and those orders usually put you at least 30min over your shift. You're always being watched even in the ladies open change room, the door is guarded and random checks. Strange work environment that says you're important but does otherwise to make you feel it. Lots of follow ups but no problems addressed... so you won't really know if something is up. I always thought it was a awesome company from receiving parts at other companies but working here has changed my view and I wish I had read the reviews before. Very strict place to be and lots of paperwork for a day off or even emergency leave.. talking frowned upon.. When you make a mistake it's like being scolded in front of the class and your word will not be heard. There are a lot of employees so maybe this is just how they keep everyone in line? Maybe it's just not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Don't be little people, don't scold them in front of others if there's something to work on then take them aside. Be professional

Gregg Distributors2019-06-19
  8. "Be Very Careful Working For This Company!!!"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Calgary, AB

I worked at Gregg Distributors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Quarterly Bonuses. Monday-friday. No weekends.

Cons

Where to start. After being in the industry for over 25 years. I can honestly say that they are the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. Suggestions made to increase efficiency in the driving aspect of this company were disregarded. The attitude of the managerial staff is pretentious. The supervisor who runs the trucks in Calgary has little to no experience in the driving industry and focuses on saving... money rather than repairing their trucks. Lack of breaks and the total disregard of worker rights. Everyone is salary so that the company doesn't have to pay overtime. Drivers are expected to come in early and then expected to stay late to get deliveries done and then given trouble for coming back late. If anyone does anything wrong they are disciplined in front of other staff and put into the staff bulletin. They also happily told all of their employees that the 2 15 minute breaks are not mandatory, that they are a privilege not a right.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to maybe look at the experience that your workers have and then take some input to increase efficiency. Focus on how important employees are to your business and less on the bottom dollar. Without them you would be nothing. Happy workers make productive workers. Make sure you hire managers with experience in the field they are managing. Take care of your equipment!! Fix it before it... becomes a major problem.

Gregg Distributors2019-07-06
  9. "Normal 8-5 job."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Grande Prairie, AB

I have been working at Gregg Distributors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work alone, basically make my own schedule and set my own targets.

Cons

Micro management approach. Uses GPS to make sure we are where we say we are. Lack of trust.

Advice to Management

Lighten up on micromanagement. More encouraging environment less negativity. Spend more actual time with ride-alongs.

Gregg Distributors2019-06-08
  10. "Read the reviews, not worth it"

Current Employee - Order Picker in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Gregg Distributors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay was alright, 1/4 bonuses and 8-5

Cons

If you want to be treated like a child, this is the job for you. No talking,no radio, no drinks on the floor but water, spied on constantly, not allowed cellphone. horrible experience

Advice to Management

Gary gregg needs to move on.

Gregg Distributors2019-07-09