Great Expressions Dental Centers Employee Reviews about "dentist"

Updated Jul 8, 2020

Found 20 of over 371 reviews

3.4
Great Expressions Dental Centers President and CEO  Adesh Ramchandran  (no image)
Adesh Ramchandran
Pros
  • "CE courses and great specialty doctors to work with(in 14 reviews)

• "GEDC has great Benefits and room for growth with in the company(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management doesn't seem to care about employees and often puts people the wrong people in management positions(in 17 reviews)

• "I worked at one in Macomb county and they kept going through dentist after(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "dentist"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Good Place to Work

Jul 8, 2020 - Dental Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dentist and office staff worked well together and the work environment was good

Cons

None that I can think of.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not a great company to work for

Feb 2, 2020 - Dental Assistant in Warren, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Met some nice patients and coworkers

Cons

High turnover rate for employees especially dentists. I worked at one in Macomb county and they kept going through dentist after dentist. Usually each dentist would stay only for a year and move on. Patients were confused and would ask where did that dentist go. It's hard to build patient relationships that way. Also equipment was old and chairs falling apart. They wouldn't do anything about it. I would get maybe a 10 to 15 minute break for a ten plus your day. Terrible!

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Found my "home" in a workpalce

Aug 20, 2013 - Facilities Administrator in Bloomfield Hills, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

GEDC is place where you walk in and feel that everyone is proud of where they work. The people and management are awesome. I've been through a lot of personal things this past year and I couldn't ask for a more supportive workplace, I truly feel my coworkers are my second family. I'm motivated by my fellow co workers especially seeing the ones that have moved up in this company and you can see that when you work hard and are dedicated it is noticed and you are rewarded for it. You know you work for a great company when you actually go into a GEDC dental office as a patient and truly get the best experience you've ever had at a dentist. Then I sit back and say to myelf "Wow I'm apart of this great team".

Cons

Don't have anything bad to say.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Been here over 2 years and enjoying my experience

Apr 20, 2015 - Human Resources in Bloomfield Hills, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love that I have an opportunity to be part of a growing company. This company is passionate about doing things right. We have amazing Dentists and offer a superior service to our community. I am proud of this brand. I get to help new managers and employees learn the company and how to be successful here.

Cons

This company went through a lot of growth and changes very fast. At the beginning there were a lot of policy changes which where hard to keep all straight. However, now things seems to be stabilizing and the changes are beneficial to the overall company.

2 people found this review helpful

Great Expressions Dental Centers Response

CEO

So glad you choose to work with GEDC. We think the Power of One strategy is working!!!!

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

improve employee compensation and rewards

Jan 18, 2013 - Practice Administrator in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The employees in individual offices really care and work together well. With the right Manager!

Cons

I took this job after getting my bachelors in order to improve my résumé. I do have hopes for this company with resent changes to upper management. But compensation is extremely low with little to no interest with pay increases. I understand all of the other posts about this company being out to make money. But the reality is it is a business; each office needs to make a profit. The high turn over rate with employees and Dentists makes satisfying each patient difficult. So the work environment can be hostile at times. With demanding patients and the high turn-over of employees all makes for problems with patient accounts and insurance claims.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Patient

Dec 1, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dr. Katy and her team are the best on the west coast. I had childhood dentist phobia but desperately needed dental treatment. Dr. Katy, admin and tech all took me under their wings and cared for me gently, professionally and personally. They truly are the best. I had called and "phone interviewed" many of the dentists in my area to find just the right fit for me and my family. Dr. Katy and her team were the only ones that came close for me. I even miss them between visits.

Cons

But, I'm just not sure about those uniforms ;)!

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Dreadful experience! Poor excuse for a dental office!

Mar 14, 2017 - Dentist in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

None. Very unprofessional treatment of employees and patients.

Cons

I was supposed to be a full-time dentist, receiving compensation at a very low percentage of production basis. The "credentialing" period was supposed to take about six weeks, but ended up taking over three months, during which time I had to do hours of work filling out forms and was not compensated. They broke the contract in numerous ways and once I did start working, required me to be present full time, but were totally unable to provide a reasonable, full-time schedule. So I often wasn't paid for my time. The clinical partner was horrible and called me late at night, claiming things that were completely false in a tirade so bad I had to hang up. The next day I found out I was "terminated"....I felt very glad to be out of that nightmare, although I'd only worked two weeks after waiting over three months!! And most of the patients were on Medicaid.

11 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee

My experience was very disappointing after many years of loyal service.

Mar 16, 2012 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

They offer a great benefit package, including paid vacation, Verizon discount, life insurance, medical insurance, discounted dental care, and tuition reimbursement.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of game-playing among upper management. You must have friends in upper management to secure your job. Otherwise, anyone can be fired or forced to quit for any reason. BUT, they will make it look like you weren't doing your job. I was part of this game for years. Also, the equipment is absolutely terrible for most offices. Dentists and administration cannot perform their jobs to meet the specified goals. Because of the problems with politics and equipment, turnover is extremely high- both at office and corporate levels.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0

Terrible Company...RUN!!

Dec 2, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers were nice. Patients are awesome to get to know.

Cons

This is a horrible company. I should have listened to the other reviews and RAN. -THIS IS A SALES JOB. Every office is required to meet monthly sales targets. Must call a list patients EVERYDAY and try to sell them dental work (Told by regional manager and Area director to not take NO for an answer) - Benefits are terrible, No vacation time, No 401K match. 10 to 25 cent annual raises for office staff -MANDATORY after work meetings for managers, upwards of 45 minutes commute away from office -40 hours is not guaranteed, You will be sent home if office is moderate or slow. -May even be asked or required to work at another location periodically. -Required to find your own coverage if you are out on vacation. -Required to make up holiday closings by working a Saturday before or after holiday. -No corporate cleaning vendor, office staff required to clean offices -Non-clinical staff required to purchase their own uniforms -Dentists and Hygienists have sales targets that if not met, will require them to have to pay the company money back

10. 3.0

Patient Coordinator

Mar 23, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most employees were a pleasure to meet and were very good to me flexible if you have to leave early ( as long as it doesn't get out of hand) Dentist and assistants were very generous

Cons

Hours were not that great LONG work days besides Friday Office Manager was terrible - No action ever taken If we did not meet our quota for the month, that equaled a bad few days at work lets just say Though they were flexible with needing time off/leaving early for appointments and such...(to a point of course) it was always used against employees later Hygienests expected way to much from admin employees ( way above our pay grade - ( tasks they would try to push on us) if overtime was close - hours were purposely cut

4 people found this review helpful