Government of Canada Reviews
81% would recommend to a friend
(2072 total reviews)
63% approve of CEO
Found 2,072 of over 3K reviews
Updated Nov 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Government of Canada
a month ago
Looking for a reference at Deloitte Canada. Have completed my CPA CFE and awaiting final designation. Also passed 2 levels of CFA, appearing for the last level (tentatively) next year. Currently working in Finance at Government of Canada for around a year and a half and been in public service for 4+ years.
Got a burning question about Government of Canada? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Government of Canada employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management is a bad example of administration" (in 51 reviews)
- "Bureaucracy and second language required tk become a manager" (in 15 reviews)
- "Too much bureaucracy." (in 14 reviews)
- "Slow pace of work Very few “perks” Low morale" (in 11 reviews)
- "Complicated hiring process makes promotions challenging" (in 9 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Government of Canada and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 22, 2023Student WorkerCurrent EmployeeMontreal, QC
Very flexible work life balance, when you get off work you have nothing to do
Not paid enough for the level of skills I have
- 5.0Nov 15, 2023Policy AdvisorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsOttawa, ON
Big potential for your work to have impact Supportive colleagues Healthcare and Social Support Additional Training Free language classes (if you have time)
Somewhat internal More collaboration would help Tight deadlines and turn arounds
- 4.0Nov 16, 2023IT TechnicianFormer Employee
Friendly and helpful environment Soft deadlines Interactive work that feels impactful
Limited hybrid work schedule Limited parking available
- 2.0Nov 1, 2023Lab TechnicianFormer Employee, less than 1 year
pension, vacation, hours, and mat leave
Co workers are disgruntled and too many managers. Assistant to the Assistant type of hierarchy.
Government of Canada Reviews FAQs
Government of Canada has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 2,653 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Government of Canada to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
81% of Government of Canada employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Government of Canada 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.