- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Jose, CA, United States Area
- - Palo Alto, CA
- - Texas
- - Austin, TX, United States Area
- - Austin, TX
Found 25 of over 27 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov. 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Unlimited PTO, 401k match, great benefits
Directors need training dealing with co-workers
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov. 3, 2022 - Program DirectorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Hire great people; aspirational work
subject to changes in strategy by Board
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Sep. 29, 2022 - Director in Palo Alto, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Mission-driven, the people are wonderful, the benefits are great. Your job will contribute to making the world a better place.
Few job growth possibilities and quite hierarchical given its small size.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Jan. 24, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Exciting programmatic areas, motivated staff, solid benefits, founders with a clear vision.
As is the case with many not-for-profit organizations, the foundation does not have a performance reward system to speak of.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Aug. 25, 2020 - Senior Technology, Audio Visual Training & Support in Palo Alto, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Most wonderful Organization, making a difference in the World. Best Manager, Best IT and AV teams to work with Most energetic, dedicated staff
Too much food all around :)Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Aug. 12, 2020 - Program Officer in Palo Alto, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Amazing benefits and pay, lots of flex time, beautiful facilities, talented colleagues. Harvey is an excellent leader and has been very supportive of the organization's employees during the pandemic.
Still grappling with management training issues. Manager effectiveness is all over the map and expectations don't seem consistent. They would benefit from a consistent, clear performance review system that holds managers accountable to their training objectives.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul. 20, 2020 - Administrative Assistant in Palo Alto, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Excellent benefits, flex vacation, work-life balance
None that I can't think offContinue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug. 21, 2020 - Project ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They have really good weekly lunches
Management is horrible and needs to go.
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Feb. 9, 2018 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The founders of the foundation, Gordon and Betty Moore, "want the Foundation to tackle large, important issues at a scale where it can achieve significant and measurable impacts." This level of ambition is reflected throughout the work of the foundation. I find colleagues to be dedicated and passionate and, under Harvey Fineberg's leadership, a group that is really coming into its own. The office is fun (Office Olympics anyone?) and the benefits are outstanding. It's a privilege to work here.
Maybe too many internal meetings?Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Dec. 12, 2017 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Really great benefits - lots of vacation, health/dental is good, gym in the office, and contribution matching. Working at Moore opens a lot of doors for networking.
Lots of overhead to get things done. Not enough trust in program staff which makes it difficult to fell empowered and do the job well. Not okay with telecommuting and located far from public transportation. Organization is run very "old school" - lots of management watching, all staff meetings, top-down requirements on communication and technology. No chance for upward mobility within the organization. Raises are not given other than cost of living (which is not well scaled with bay area rental increases).
Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Reviews FAQs
Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 27 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.
74% of Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.