Cover image for Golf Town

Golf Town

Add a Review

Golf Town Club Sales Associate Reviews

1.3

Be the first to recommend this company

(4 total reviews)

Found 4 of over 146 reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2022

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of Golf Town and is not affected by filters.

1. 3.0
      Mar 5, 2021
      Certified Master Club Fitter
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people that you get to work with are usually awesome, and If you play golf, this is the place for you!

Cons

When it is slow it is really really slow. Work is sometimes monotonous, upward movement is tough in the company unless you live down east

1. 1.0
        Jun 2, 2022
        Professional Golf Club Fitter
        Current Employee
        Business Outlook

Pros

Sizeable discounts are the only pro.

Cons

Extremely disorganized. Reactive not pro-active. They are number one in Canada because there is nowhere else to go, not because of any managerial decision making process or strategy. Employees come last here. Considerable training requirement that they will not pay for (must do at home).

2. Join the Golf Town team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 3.0
          Apr 1, 2015
          Club Sales Associate
          Former Employee, more than 1 year
          Ottawa, ON
          Business Outlook

Pros

Fun atmosphere, great to work there while in university, flexible hours, rewards/prizes for sales, nice managers, break rooms, safe work environment, great staff, positive work space

Cons

No room for advancement if you are pursuing a degree in a field not related to sales/retail/golf, it is very hard to sell golf equipment in the winter when there are no customers, minimum wage pay, very little raises are offered

1. 1.0
            Dec 14, 2016
            Club Sales Associate
            Former Employee
            Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, mostly great customers, no problems discussing the schedule with management regarding vacation, days off, etc.

Cons

Shoddy pay, no information about benefits I was entitled to from day one, (that is on Head Office). Little or no acknowledgement for a job well done. After 5+ years of dedication, was sacked 15 minutes after walking in and being informed the store was to be closed. No severance. Thank you, Golfsmith for putting this before the courts.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews
          </>Embed

Popular Careers with Golf Town Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

KPMG

Booz Allen Hamilton Recently applied and I've been referred for an interview! Any tips on interviewing with Booz Allen? And if I am being asked to complete clearance and background upfront, is this a good indicator for being hired?

0 Comments

Account Executive

Invest $150 and get $5,500 in just 2 hours with my fast and reliable platform now (it's 100% legit and trusted) DM ME NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION WITH THE DETAILS BELOW TO GET STARTED TEXT NO:+1(510)344-6407 Whatsapp: +1 (510) 344-6407

0 Comments

Alex L.

Applied for a job a few weeks back, got a call from HR yesterday morning about an interview next week. She mentioned she'd shoot me an email with all the interview details, but so far, my inbox is empty. Assuming I'll hear from her early next week, is it normal for them to expect me to show up for an in-person interview on short notice, like couple days?

2 Comments

Glassdoor has 146 Golf Town reviews submitted anonymously by Golf Town employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Golf Town is right for you.