Godiva Chocolatier Reviews

Godiva Chocolatier Chief Executive Officer Annie Young-Scrivner
Annie Young-Scrivner
1 Rating
Pros
Cons
  • "The worst thing was I couldn’t get enough of the chocolate(in 46 reviews)

• "The future of the company is unknown due to upper management not properly managing money(in 43 reviews)

1. "It is great working at Godiva Chocolatier."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Godiva Chocolatier part-time for less than a year

Pros

hard working staff, fun environment with great coworkers, employee discount

Cons

not enough hours, hard to attract customers during slow season

"Good place to work."

Current Employee - Key Holder in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Godiva Chocolatier part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment. A great place to learn if you're opened to it.

Cons

No specific shift - it changes from week to week.

"okay company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Laval, QC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Godiva Chocolatier part-time for more than a year

Pros

everyone who works their is young and are students so thats fun

Cons

bad management little hours after the holidays

"LOVE working for Godiva!"

Current Employee - Boutique Manager in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Godiva Chocolatier full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing support from fellow team members and management. Feel like a valued employee, constant praise and recognition. Best work/life balance I've ever had as a manager.

Cons

Training program/length needs some work. Structure etc., Very American based Interview process is lengthy

"Good Experience"

Former Employee - Chocolatier in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Godiva Chocolatier part-time for more than a year

Pros

They teach you to sell, you can win visa gift cards and cash if you and your location beat targets

Cons

No full time hours so no benefits

"It was okay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Godiva Chocolatier part-time

Pros

I only worked part time as a summer job . - Flexible hours -Learned a lot about chocolate creation process

Cons

-Pay wasn't that great as it was retail job .

7. "Working at Godiva Carrefour Laval"

Current Employee - Full Time Key Holder in Laval, QC

I have been working at Godiva Chocolatier full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The store's team is amazing, really gives you the feeling of having a second family.

Cons

Being the only store in Quebec, we sometimes feel like we are left to ourselves.

Continue reading

"Overall a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Part Time Keyholder in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Godiva Chocolatier part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Godiva has a good customer image, it is known for its luxury chocolate and it is presumed as a luxury company to work at. The quality of the chocolates are reflected on the price. Depending on your own boutique manager, you have a good amount of opportunities to make decisions for the store, managers are very accommodating for shifts as I'm still in school.

Cons

Godiva is a very top down approach , upper management as in district managers and higher ups have little to no interest in the sales associates except for the assistant manager (sometimes) and the boutique manger. Head office often leaves many boutiques without the necessities for a great customer experience, ie, chocolate case cards, proper signage. Very high staff turnover They throw a lot of chocolate away, instead of discounting it or sampling it. It's very hard to move up in the company, there are now only a select few boutiques left in Toronto/GTA, which makes it hard for a key holder to progress to assistant manager/manager. Head office is only located in the USA, offten forgetting about Canada boutiques and not implementing the same promos as the US boutiques. Sugar free chocolate is asked very frequently in stores, and the Canada boutiques don't have them, losing a lot of sales. Head office doesn't take much advice from the boutique managers and staff, when the staff are the ones that are with the customers and see first hand what is working and what's not. Over worked for not much pay. Not appreciated by higher ups. The boutique managers try so hard to make their sales goals and do what they can for the stores but the lack of product and supplies and information is always a consistent issue.

Continue reading
  9. "Great Company, Great Product"

Assistant Manager in Winnipeg, MB
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Godiva Chocolatier for less than a year

Pros

-quality product -competitive pay (with benefits for full time positions) -great bonus system, realistic numbers and all employees benefit not just full time -product knowledge is shared by staff members, online learning courses and booklets (easy to understand and follow along)

Cons

-not a lot of communication between head office and store level regarding discontinued products

10. "Boutique Manager"

Boutique Manager in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Godiva Chocolatier

Pros

I have read many reviews on Glassdor. I have been with the Company for 4 years and to date I still enjoy going into work each and everyday. The experience changes each and everyday, no 2 days are the same. I feel that I need to share with you that yes the Company expects a lot from us; we are paid a fair wage to do a job to the best of our abilities. When we are interviewed and hired we made a commitment to Godiva to give customers the Ultimate Experience and to in turn deliver results. To say that we are micromanaged is highly overstated. My DM is very supportive, shares as much information as possible to allow us to run our business as our own. Take responsibility, take charge take a moment and reflect? We are given the tools to succeed so go for it. We will benefit and so will the company. I love the challenges that are in front of me each and everyday. I love numbers and goals. The Company has a Retail Advisory Board that meets and shares ideas with Corporate partners to help improve how we run our Boutiques, in the past year there has been many improvements in training, sharing information and testing new ideas before rolling out to all the boutiques.

Cons

We are all quick to critic the Company Godiva but each and every one of us should look at ourselves and our shortfalls, address that first and then speak to the powers that be and see what change can come. No company is perfect everyone has their flaws including us but working together we can achieve our goals.

Found 296 reviews