Godfrey Morrow Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Godfrey Morrow Insurance Reviews

1.0
CEO

1. "Horrible place to work, crap wages, horrible management."

Current Employee - Employee in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Employee in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Godfrey Morrow Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The employees (not management) and not those who have a horrible, horrible, sense of power (IE the person who orders office supplies) are great to work with. They definitely deserve more for what they give and would be rewarded far greater at any other employment opportunity. In fact there are employees there who are making more money that have only worked there for less than a year than those who have been grinding it out for the last 3-4.

Cons

Management. - Not trained, bullies, stubborn, literally lacking in business knowledge, no idea on how to market, train, or retain. The office administrators (people who sit and pretend like they know what they're doing and make everybody's live miserable) are some of the funniest people you'll ever encounter. They're a bunch of old crows, impossible to please, ignorant, and cannot own any responsibility what so ever.

Advice to Management

Sell the brokerage to someone that will do right by your clients, before you end up losing all your good employees and or clients. In fact stop buying new books from other brokerages as well, you can't properly service the ones you have, why add on more?

Godfrey Morrow Insurance Response

5 May, 2014 – President

As a business owner it is disheartening to see a scathingly negative review from an existing team member. While I do not know who this team member is, if he/she has been with us for more than ... More

2. "If this place is your only hope, get out of the insurance business"

Former Employee - Agent in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Agent in Calgary, AB

I worked at Godfrey Morrow Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office location for this employer.

Cons

Management, bullying from management, poor Morale in this workplace, overworked and underappreciated staff. This place will kill your morale slowly until you feel no one else would want you.

Advice to Management

Get some new fresh management in there. All agents are connected work other workplaces and they talk. This is not a place to go to work.

3. "You will not grow with this company, it will hurt you, they'll burn bridges, avoid."

Former Employee - Employee in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Employee in Calgary, AB

I worked at Godfrey Morrow Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff is great (what's left and who they can retain) and good to work with.

Cons

Overworked staff without compensation.
    No career advancements.
    Horrible training.
    Poor Managers in every department, horrible at communicating.
    High Turn-over (I wonder why).
    Very low pay for industry standards, I've heard it was worse for commission roles.
    Several employment/HR No-nos including horrible parting remarks to employees trying to leave on good terms.
    "Manager" lies to save her butt from mistakes she made. Not a manager nor a leader.

Advice to Management

I'd highly suggest that your company re-evaluates your management staff, terrible leadership but it starts all the way at the top. Too many egos, too much drama, too many dumb rules, the company is a horrible place to work aside from their employees who I sometimes ponder how they've kept anyone around for longer than a year.