Godfrey Morrow Insurance Reviews

1. "Customer service"

Customer Service Representative in Calgary, AB
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Godfrey Morrow Insurance

Pros

Good location and some good people. Tim Hortons close by and other good restaurants including Indian and burger places and others as well.

Cons

Bus service was difficult from the Subburbs on cold days. Had to walk three blocks to transfer buses to get close. Air quality was not good in older building.

"Horrible place to work, crap wages, horrible management."

Current Employee - Employee in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Godfrey Morrow Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The employees (not management) and not those who have a horrible, horrible, sense of power (IE the person who orders office supplies) are great to work with. They definitely deserve more for what they give and would be rewarded far greater at any other employment opportunity. In fact there are employees there who are making more money that have only worked there for less than a year than those who have been grinding it out for the last 3-4.

Cons

Management. - Not trained, bullies, stubborn, literally lacking in business knowledge, no idea on how to market, train, or retain. The office administrators (people who sit and pretend like they know what they're doing and make everybody's live miserable) are some of the funniest people you'll ever encounter. They're a bunch of old crows, impossible to please, ignorant, and cannot own any responsibility what so ever.

Godfrey Morrow Insurance Response

May 5, 2014President

As a business owner it is disheartening to see a scathingly negative review from an existing team member. While I do not know who this team member is, if he/she has been with us for more than 10 years he/she knows our culture and tremendous growth has come from everyone here providing feedback and suggestions on how we can do better. We have formal periods for this feedback i.e. performance reviews, team meetings etc. but, as important, a record of open communication. If I were able to discuss these concerns directly with the individual we would no doubt resolve the issue(s) in a manner which fits my personal and corporate values of ensuring a safe, respectful environment, in which people can grow and develop to achieve what is best for them. I will continue to work with all our 45+ team members to ensure they feel they have a voice, opportunities for individual success/growth, and benefit from the success of the company. If anyone has questions or comments I can be reached at Hugh.mctavish@godfreymorrow.com or 403-410-1890

"If this place is your only hope, get out of the insurance business"

Former Employee - Agent in Calgary, AB

I worked at Godfrey Morrow Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office location for this employer.

Cons

Management, bullying from management, poor Morale in this workplace, overworked and underappreciated staff. This place will kill your morale slowly until you feel no one else would want you.

Continue reading

"You will not grow with this company, it will hurt you, they'll burn bridges, avoid."

Former Employee - Employee in Calgary, AB

I worked at Godfrey Morrow Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff is great (what's left and who they can retain) and good to work with.

Cons

Overworked staff without compensation. No career advancements. Horrible training. Poor Managers in every department, horrible at communicating. High Turn-over (I wonder why). Very low pay for industry standards, I've heard it was worse for commission roles. Several employment/HR No-nos including horrible parting remarks to employees trying to leave on good terms. "Manager" lies to save her butt from mistakes she made. Not a manager nor a leader.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews