Global Equity Finance Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Global Equity Finance Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2019

4.1
Global Equity Finance Vice President Cornell Hough (no image)
Cornell Hough
Pros
  • "There is no limit to the success that can be achieved here if you are willing to put in the hard work(in 16 reviews)

• "The employees at GEQ genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "No 401k, no paid time off or holidays(in 7 reviews)

• "There's a lot of false promises about promotions(in 6 reviews)

"Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Global Equity Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive atmosphere that rewards top end talent. Ability to grow and become one of the top 100 originators in the country while working here. Positive energy that promotes being the best and gives you the ability to reach your dreams. If you like to Win this is the place for you.

Cons

I have no cons to report as there is no ceiling at Global Equity.

Global Equity Finance2019-07-26

"GOOD VIBES, GOOD PEOPLE"

Current Employee - Loan Sales Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Global Equity Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've only recently began working here, but so far everything has been an enjoyable learning experience. The energy on the floor is great, everybody hustles throughout the day and it is very inspiring to see. They definitely make it very apparent from the start that opportunity is everything here. You set your own pace and you ultimately determine what you want to do. Being new here, everybody has been more than... helpful to guide me in the right direction. Everybody is willing take time out of their day to help you along the process, so long as you learn from the mistakes yourself. Management is awesome, they are very transparent from the start and are all great role models in their own individual way.

Cons

I keep getting no bagels on bagel monday :(. But other than that everything has been great!

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work, you guys set the tone for the rest of us!

Global Equity Finance2019-07-25
  3. "A great gig while wrapping up college!"

Former Employee - Loan Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I worked at Global Equity Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training was mostly relevant & not excessive. The CEO is extremely intelligent & the reason why most accept the position & come on board.

Cons

Micromanaged, Silent Monitored, Lack of Professionalism by Senior Staff & the call runners.

Advice to Management

Implement a dress code & enforce it across the board.

Global Equity Finance2019-08-13

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Global Equity Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you want to work for a company that cares about you, Moving on Up! This is it. Not only do they care about Its Employees, they like to watch you succeed In life And watch you Grow within the company!

Cons

Nothing bad to say, honestly.

Advice to Management

They work with you anyway that they can to help you grow, they like to see goals and sense of urgency!

"I LOVE WHERE I WORK"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Global Equity Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

GREAT POSITIVE ENERGY, AWESOME CULTURE AND FUN PLACE TO WORK

Cons

need a bigger fridge

Advice to Management

we should have taco tuesdays

"Opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Global Equity Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly work environment and plenty of resources to grow and succeed with this company.

Cons

Not enough cheetos in the break room.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Global Equity Finance2019-07-24

"Great company to be working for!"

Current Employee - Loan Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Global Equity Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

GEQ has great company culture, an inspiring CEO, tools and support for your growth and uncapped earning potential when you become a Loan Officer.

Cons

I have yet to find any cons.

"Best of the Best"

Current Employee - Loan Officer

I have been working at Global Equity Finance full-time for less than a year

Pros

From day one to this very moment, I have been around some of the best, most knowledgeable Loan Officers in the business who have taken the time to teach me how to thrive in the mortgage game. GEQ is the place to learn and grow not only your finance skills, but also your wallet. The CEO of the company, Cornell, is always an inspiration and will continually go out of his way to provide anything his employees need or... ask for. If you have any desire to be in this line of business, look no further than Global Equity Finance.

Cons

Always be on time, but this goes without saying.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Senior Engineer"

I worked at Global Equity Finance full-time

Pros

Good working environment in the company

Cons

Bad Management. Bad Practice and processess

Global Equity Finance2019-05-08

"A Place Where "Opportunity" Isn't Just a Cliche"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Global Equity Finance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I understand that everyone needs different things from their employer, and to feel like they are being adequately rewarded by their work/job. Work environments or cultures can that can be exhilarating and empowering for some can often times be anathema to others; so please embrace your own personal subjectivity when reading this review. I’ve worked for Global Equity Finance for just under 5 years. I started in... operations, moved into sales, and then eventually into sales management. Now I hold executive level sales position directing a team that focuses entirely on my own business, comfortably earning well into six figures. I’ll be just turning 30 later this year. Global is not my first job in the mortgage industry, and as result of the experience and the expertise I have developed, I could have my pick of jobs among San Diego mortgage lenders. The day may come when it is time for me to move, but for now I choose to stay with Global for the same simple reason that brought me here in the first place: there are very, very few environments that provide as much opportunity for growth, as many chances to step up, and are as quick and eager to reward truly hard working and capable employees. If you are looking for an employer that has low expectations and provides a lot of security, you won’t have to look far because they are everywhere. I spent the first 3 years of my mortgage career waiting in line at just such a company. Don’t misunderstand me, I benefited a lot from having a safe runway to learn and discover my strengths; but eventually I had reached the ceiling for possible advancement. I came to global equity finance as a loan processor. 1 year later I was a Senior Loan officer and made $150k in my first full year in sales. Within a year I was Director of an entire sales wing. The ceilings that would have held me back at 99 out of 100 companies (regardless of the industry) don’t exist at global. My age, by educational background, my lack of dues paid – all of these would have kept me on the treadmill anywhere else.

Cons

Just as there are few structures holding you back, there are also few holding you up. It's not always easy to keep up with the grind of the industry, and admittedly GEQ doesn't provide the same safety nets that can keep you from failing in other environments. To really be successful here you need to be prepared to depend on your self to make it happen.

Global Equity Finance2019-02-02