Glentel Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.2
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great environment to make decent incom"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Glentel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company values you as employee. Can make decent $$$

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth.

2. "Rotten and toxicity in Accounting And Finance"

1.0
    Former Employee - Accounting

I worked at Glentel full-time

Pros

Whenever don't need to interact with management

Cons

Save yourself from making the mistake of working here. HR is aware of issues but look at how many paid 5 star reviews there are. So trust the negative reviews. This is the typical experience in my opinion = Employees do almost everything for low pay while clueless looking management pretends to be hard at work Lots of meetings so that employees can teach accounting and finance and what to do to management Very high turnover losing talented employees. Employees treated terribly and temp workers needed to fill in Poor and awful management skills and two faced attitudes. Prepare to be belittled lied to or thrown under the bus so that work and overtime can be forced on you Very limited career progression because managers look insecure, cheap and need to keep their jobs that pay too much for their lack of knowledge Prepare to do last minute work and overtime because of late emails from management who cannot prioritize. Prepare for work from last minute deadlines then have credit stolen by management Avoid this toxic environment and do not believe the fake smiles or empty promises. Working here means low pay, overpaid clueless looking management taking up the budget, lots of overtime, teaching basic knowledge to management and stroking egos

Glentel Response

March 5, 2021Recruitment Team Lead

We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with the autonomy given when you were working at GLENTEL. In your review you expressed concerns with some of the aspects of the work at Glentel. We take each of your concerns very seriously and the management team is looking into them. Please note Glentel complies with all provincial employment standard legislation as it pertains to pay and overtime for all staff. We also would like to point out that our compensation is commensurate with a combination of education, experience and market. Additionally, work life balance is important to us. The heads of the departments frequently check-in with their team members to encourage transparent communication and support employees’ wellbeing. In your comments you challenged the legitimacy of our existing Glassdoor reviews. The reviews are submitted voluntarily and in no way are individuals compensated for what was posted. We invite you to share any further concerns and suggestions for improvement with our HR department.

3. "Sales associate"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England, England

I worked at Glentel part-time for less than a year

Pros

Okay pay not much else to say

Cons

Terrible management, there was no room for growing and improvement, every little con was more the bigger thing then overlooking everything, every little thing was a write up which was a major demotivator, and made me not like the job even more, and never was the hard work and dedication that was put in recognize, I did most things on the team most of the others didn’t like answering to gc being always on time most of the time compared to other employees and doing the other little things that wasn’t recognized which I always wondered why cause I wasn’t a suck up, I regret leaving my old job was payed well and less stress I took this in cause I thought it be better with pay but as I looked over all as a full time rep it was almost the same as my last job being one of the best reps there and with a better culture where you are recognize for what your actual work ethic is, I use to drive an hour up and down as well not once did I put in a request to switch teams cause I did my nest to be there for my manager and the team as much as I could been

4. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Brixton, London, England, England

I have been working at Glentel full-time

Pros

Good sales commission if you can sell

Cons

Unstable commissions, Unstable hours, Standing

5. "Autonomy and empowerment - owner-operator model with full P&L accountability."

4.0
    Current Employee - District - Multi Unit Manager in Lambeth, England, England

I have been working at Glentel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Glentel provides guidance, support and tools and then lets it's key leaders manage and lead.

Cons

Management and executive team members are generally putting in long hours to drive the metrics required for full bonus pay-out.

6. "Awesome"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in London, England, England

I worked at Glentel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great money working at this company

Cons

No advancement for your career in wanted timeframe

7. "Awesome commission structure"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Richmond, BC

I worked at Glentel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great commission structure with tiers. Formal dress code

Cons

Not much growth opportunities within the company

8. "Not much"

Former Employee - Glentel Associate in Waterloo, ON

I worked at Glentel part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Competitive wages -lots of commission -Great teamwork

Cons

Pushy management Hard to meet sales target

9. "Company that values the development of its people"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in St. Catharines, ON

I have been working at Glentel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working for Glentel for the past 8 years, I can confidently say that they are a company that invests in their people, that values personal and professional development, and guides them through an effective leadership team. More recently it has become evident that they are guided by a concept that is quite near and dear to my heart, that is the Infinite Game. They have developed a mission statement around enriching the lives of others this extends to our professional families as well as the members and customers we deal with on a regular basis. The sales approach in Wireless Etc (the banner in which I’m employed) is one of forming relationships built on trust, integrity, and honesty. We offer helpful advice to members and I’m empowered as a manager to coach, mentor, and lead my team in this way. We’ve created a culture around helping and doing what’s right. We look for full solutions based on a members needs, and we truly aim to enrich the lives and experiences of Costco’s members.

Cons

There have been times in the past where I’ve found it hard to exercise a healthy work life balance. Perhaps its just the passion and drive, or perhaps its the demand and pressure from above. In the end I can say that when discussed with my direct supervisor, however, there is always a level of understanding and a desire for me to achieve and enjoy a healthy work life balance.

10. "Great"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Glentel full-time

Pros

Good place to work full time.

Cons

Can be difficult for work/life balance

Viewing 1 - 10 of 304 Reviews