Getty Images Reviews

Found 449 of over 534 reviews

4.0
Getty Images CEO Craig Peters
Craig Peters
Pros
  • "Fantastic work/life balance-- leadership really encourages taking time off to reset when you need it(in 61 reviews)

• "The entire agency is comprised of a tight-knit group of great people(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There was no knowledge of who upper management was(in 17 reviews)

• "I’m assuming but it makes sense because senior management tells half truths and is anything but transparent(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Strong culture, great opportunities for learning and growth if you take them

Nov 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing, smart, and kind coworkers. Very strong product with an empowering mission that employees can really get behind. Most managers are invested in your growth. Fantastic work/life balance-- leadership really encourages taking time off to reset when you need it. Great benefits. The company proved strong even amidst a pandemic, and is poised to continue to dominate the industry when the world is back to "normal".

Cons

Projects require a lot of cross-functional stakeholder approvals and can take a long time to execute.

Getty Images Response

We appreciate your taking the time to provide a review - thank you! We love our team too, and continually strive to continue to nurture a healthy work culture. Your feedback helps us to understand where we are succeeding and where we need to focus to improve.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent team, strong leadership, bright future

Jul 19, 2021 - Team Member in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Getty supported employees throughout the pandemic and has evolved a very flexible hybrid work model moving through 2021. You get to work with excellent, caring team members, many of whom are experts in their specializations. Highly recommend

Cons

Nothing worth focusing on. Where there are challenges, they are the kinds you find in any organization

HR Business Partner

Thanks for sharing feedback as a current employee in our Calgary office! It is great to hear your perspective on the return to work planning, as the employee experience and flexibility is a priority. It is folks like yourself who help us to build the unique culture that is Getty Images. Thank you!

3. 3.0

Alright

Jul 19, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment, interesting work

Cons

Management is a mess No career progression

HR Business Partner

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your insights as a Senior Software Engineer! Through our flexible working principles, we encourage employees to take the time they need to balance their professional and personal obligations. Further, as an HR team, career growth and development is top of mind and we are constantly discussing how we can help support employees on their professional path. From an interpersonal perspective, our Culture and Development team creates toolkits and trainings to advance competencies such as leadership, having a growth mindset, time management, public speaking, and goal setting. On the backend, our HR Business Partner team meets with employees and leaders to guide career progression conversations. If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please reach out to your functional HRBP or your direct manager. Thank you!

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Salary

Jun 29, 2021 - IT Senior Project Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is ok for a company this size.

Cons

C-level and some of Manager is too imature.

HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. While the past year and a half has been full of change, we have strived to enhance and grow our culture so that it resonates with employees working remotely. Some of these initiatives have included creating well-being resources for employees and parents, expanding our Benefits coverage to include Teledoc services, planning engaging morale committee events, celebrating Heritage months virtually, and expanding our Diversity and Inclusion commitments. There is no doubt it has been a challenging year, but our Leadership Team has prioritized transparency and honesty at every stage. I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with leadership, and would love to learn more about your interaction to identify any gaps and work to improve. If you are willing to discussing this further, please feel free to reach out to me at carly.etzin@gettyimages.com.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

It's good

Mar 18, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

good place to grow your career, good tech, good people

Cons

Conflict between product management and engineering

Getty Images Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience working at Getty Images. We value your feedback and will be sure to share it with our leaders. We often hear that Getty Images employees really enjoy their co-workers, and that it's important to them to work with good people (we agree!). It's great that you have had that experience as well, and that you have found Getty Images a good place to grow your career. Thanks for your hard work and contributions in the past years. Please continue to share your feedback (here and also in our bi-annual employee surveys) as we are always looking for opportunities to improve in our quest to be the best workplace

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Creative Atmosphere

Jan 19, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice and helpful Coworkers !

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth

Getty Images Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! Your feedback helps us to understand where we can improve our programs and benefits and how to provide the best employee experience.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic company to work for

Nov 27, 2020 - Software Engineer in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Getty leadership places great emphasis on transparency with employees and leads by example.

Cons

There are not any specific cons that I have regarding the company.

Getty Images Response

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share what's important to you. We take pride in our Leadership Principles, including transparency, and we are also proud of how our leaders lead by example, never more evident than in this past year. Thanks for being a valued team member!

8. 3.0

Increasing Competition

Jan 10, 2021 - Freelance Illustrator in Okanagan, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Increasing international competition due to subscription model

Cons

Increasing international competition due to subscription model and lack of responsiveness from upper management

Getty Images Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and to provide feedback on ways we can improve your experience at Getty Images. We will be sharing your feedback with our management team and also encourage you to be candid with your manager about ideas you have for improvement.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

nothing but positive

Jun 2, 2020 - Facilities Coordinator in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

manager provides enpowerment to make decisions best suited for our office. Manager does not micromanage. Leadership from the top down is transparent and open, they take accountability not only for the successes but the misfires as well. Company offers WFH options. I would recommend Getty Images as a company you should seriously consider if you are looking for a amazing place to work.

Cons

From my experience of over 5 years I can't thing of any "cons" that would be worth mentioning.

Getty Images Response

Thank you for this review! We appreciate that you feel empowered to contribute to the company’s strategic vision, that’s so important to us! As we navigate new processes and structures, we hope you’ll continue to provide feedback so that we get it right.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great People, Principles & Pictures

May 25, 2020 - Customer Service
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive & collaborative culture Positive work-life balance Individual ideas & opinions are valued Supportive team & management Amazing Content! Outside of the above, Getty Images is a great company to be a part of. I find it both challenging and rewarding.

Cons

Very happy at Getty Images.

Getty Images Response

Thank you for this review, we like working with you too! Your feedback helps us understand what employees value and what we can build on and improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 449 Reviews