General Atomics Human Resources Reviews

"Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at General Atomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Proud of this company and it’s mission

Cons

Can’t think of any

"Internal opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at General Atomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Internal mobility, ability to move up in TA, fun work events, intern program , pension plan

Cons

Pay is mediocre for some roles, lots of attrition, old school company

3. "Great Company with Great Product"

5.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources in San Diego, CA

I have been working at General Atomics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Flexible work schedule - Competitive benefits - Work stability

Cons

- Some processes are antiquated

"Not a Fan"

2.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at General Atomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Amazing Health, Dental, Vision, 401K and Pension benefits -9 X 80 work schedule -Relatively laid back work environment

Cons

-Compensation could be better -Very stressful job, depending on the manager that you work for -The company is growing and is growing extremely fast and there is a lot of change. With this change comes a lack of direction and structure. I have heard "I don't know" or "We will look into that" so many times and an answer never becomes present even months down the line. -Working in HR is extremely clustered within this company. There are so many new directors, managers, and administrators that come in with great ideas but can easily be shut down by corporate. -We are so far behind technology wise as a company that it can be extremely frustrating to get jobs done at times. -Some jobs in HR have no sense of direction. We the current department splits that we are facing, there are many times where work is overloaded on you or possibly taken away from you without any reason. Many of the tasks that we also perform are not HR related in the slightest and feel like a waste of time.

General Atomics Response

October 16, 2017Systems Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We encourage you to share this feedback with your Manager if you have not already done so. We also welcome the opportunity to speak with you further in efforts to gain greater insight into the feedback you’ve provided so that we can help. You may also contact the employee relations center at 858-455-3735 or our anonymous hotline at 866-583-5542.

"Great for stability, but terribly overworked w/No incentive"

Former Employee - Human Resources in San Diego, CA

I worked at General Atomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great technology Corporate Perks and retirement plans Co-workers were fun and made great friends Good company to put on your resume

Cons

Growth is very limited. No training programs for employee development, and the positions are very specialized - once you're in a position, you're pretty much stuck. When there is a position open, an external applicant has always been chosen over promoting from within. Very demotivating. Management will always ask you what your career goals are during the interview and during reviews so you'll think there is hope, but nothing ever comes out of it. Compensation is minimal for the amount of work you are expected to do. Especially for the worker bees who are rewarded a lot less, but are constantly stressed out to make other people look good. Employee morale doesn't seem to be a priority because there is always a line of people wanting to work at GA. If you're coasting to retirement, this is a good fit for you. Otherwise, don't expect any promotions and minimal pay increases in this department.

"HR"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in San Diego, CA

I worked at General Atomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very smart and dedicated employees, every other Friday off.

Cons

No work life balance, pressure to meet deadlines

"Overall decent people at GA-ASI; however, the HR department couldn't be worse"

Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Poway, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at General Atomics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits: 9/80, the pension, CAL, Christmas shut-down.

Cons

The company makes a solid product but it promotes and retains incompetent people. The HR department is no different. The department is quite large and has turned over almost 100% in the past couple years. There are a lot nasty people where favoritism is rampant.

Continue reading

"Top heavy - too many chiefs and nothing gets done!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Human Resources in San Diego, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at General Atomics full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are mediocre and not ambitious, this is the perfect place for you because you'll just float on by getting a paycheck, not being developed, and contribute very little.

Cons

Too many managers, every single one of them has to have a say and nothing ever gets approved. Projects will sit and sit and sit and pass from employee to employee that you feel you are in Groundhog's Day redoing the work someone before you had already redone for someone before them. It is a crazy circus here.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews