GenMark Diagnostics Employee Reviews about "free soda"

Updated Feb 25, 2021

Found 8 of over 111 reviews

3.2
GenMark Diagnostics President and CEO Scott Mendel
Scott Mendel
Pros
  • "GenMark builds solid products that solve the most critical diagnostic needs in the market today and is continually investing in the future(in 17 reviews)

• "free soda but the machine is broken every other week, free bagels but only wednesday(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "None, GenMark is a great employer(in 8 reviews)

• "to much favoritism in upper management(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "free soda"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

good place to work

Feb 25, 2021 - Technician in Vista, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

free soda , good pay

Cons

bad administration and non comunication with employees

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Partner

We appreciate the time you dedicated to GenMark and your thoughts. As we continue to navigate the unprecedented growth in our company's history, we remain focused on providing training and increased communication to all our employees. GenMark is committed to living our core beliefs each and everyday and enhancing the employee experience.

2. 1.0

Worst Company to work for

Sep 5, 2019 - Technician in Carlsbad, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free Soda, Lot of nice friendly people

Cons

Poor management. Favoratism, Supervisors are unfriendly and unprofessional. Leads are dump and unexperienced and its nowhere to find when you need them. They are being picked and assigned by Supervisors not my experienced or intelligence but by favoratism. One Lead wear dark glasses all the time and caught many times sleeping and playing games in his phone. Not wearing ESD sshoe strap either.

Sr. Operational HR Leader

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed this hasn't been brought up to the HR Business Partner for operations. Please reach out to Rebecca to discuss the specifics of your complaint. The fair treatment of all employees is our priority. Regarding the selection of Leads; the company has an open interview process. Anyone interested in a Lead position is allowed to apply. There is a formal set of interviews and discussions about each internal candidate before a final selection is made. The interview panel consists of several levels of management, HR and cross functional departments that will be interacting with the Leads. You are a valued member of our organization and your feedback is important to us, please reach out to your Manager or HR to discuss your concerns. Our doors are open to you.

3. 3.0

Favoritism

Jun 7, 2019 - Manufacturing Technician in Carlsbad, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-free soda -fres bagel every Wednesday

Cons

-1st shift lead have favoritism -lead doesn't train you if your not his favorite -lead play with the operators and chitchat by the time of work and doesn't care with hourly numbers -no team work -to much complain -taking long breaks -they don't see the operators who worked hard -lead doesn't know anything but takes the credit -making side comments -lazy operators are the one got promoted and acknowledged because their good in talking but not in working

Sr. Operational HR Leader

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We take the claim of favoritism very seriously. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner or Manager. We would like to understand fully what is happening and resolve the situation immediately. We are striving for a first class workplace and are currently developing tools for Leadership training. We are also actively interviewing for a few new Leads and we want to understand what is working and not working so we can improve. Thank you again for your comments, please reach out to your HR Business Partner, Rebecca.

4. 1.0

They have favoritism on 1st shift

Apr 8, 2019 - Manufacturing Technician in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

Cons

they have favoritism on 1st shift they make a lot of promotion on manufacturing technician II on 1st shift while nothing on 2nd shift and 3rd shift and the employee that they promote only knows 2 manufacturing line and they're not so proficient and they even promote on 1st shift thats new employee that just get hired, while on the other shift employee has more lines that know how to operate and proficient and more reliable theyre not fair.

Sr. Operational HR Leader

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your employment at GenMark. We are grateful for your feedback. The promotion process is determined by an employees demonstrated knowledge, not tenure at the company, and the business needs for other people at the next level. We are striving to be a best in class employer and your feedback will be discusses for further enhancements to our processes. You are always welcomed to reach out to your HR Business Partner to discuss your specific situation. Thanks again for your feedback.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

The Worst job experience ever with ¨W¨ Uppercase

Aug 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free soda Free snacks Bagel Wednesday Easy to learn High pay rate

Cons

Favoritism Racism Bullying Mobbing Espionage Drama Gossip TONS of Professional Jealousy Sexual harassment Unprofessional Line leaders Unrespectful coworkers Easy to get bored A lot of turnovers Mean people DARK ambiance

5 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisitions Coordinator

On behalf of Human Resources, we take these reviews very seriously. We are terribly sorry to read of your experience. GenMark has an ethics hotline for private reporting of issues 877-474-2110. Please reach out with specific instances or names so we can investigate. Our HR department is also available for all employees at any time. We wish you much success in your future endeavors.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Then they wonder why everyone quits

Jul 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bagel Wednesday Free soda Pays better then other production jobs Easy to learn

Cons

Favoritism!!!!! People are on their phones and are slowing down production and the Supervisers are told of this and do nothing because the leads are protecting their friends. People taking 30-45 min breaks and 45 - one hour lunches. Yet if you are not one of the leads friends you get in trouble for being 5 mins late from breaks or lunches. While working leads wil put extra work on employees yet their friends are roaming around chit chatting with others. Supervisers act very unprofessional. Co workers talking behind each other backs and causing drama. Feels like your in high school

11 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Looking for a professional work place environment? Yes? Then please stay away from GenmarkDX

Mar 5, 2018 - Manufacturing Technician in Carlsbad, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bagel Wednesdays Free Soda Decent pay compared to other biotech companies

Cons

-The ridiculous blatant amount of favoristism within the manufacturing/production side -The amount of sexual harassment that goes on is hilarious because no one reports it, so many men I've worked alongside talking about female colleagues looks, what they'd do to them, etc. -Oh, you don't speak Tagalog? too bad, you'll be left out of ALL peer conversations, even from those from leadership -Leads don't actually lead by example, there have been numerous amounts of times where they are wasting time and goofing off with workers on the line -Most of the people working in manufacturing are temps, unprofessional and have no common courtesy whatsoever -English isn't spoken on the floor, 95% is Tagalog, which sucks for those who aren't Tagalog native speakers -Smooching the leads behinds will get you far in this company, but only so much -Most if not all that work in manufacturing/production take an obvious 20-30 min+ break, and 45min-1hr+ lunch, AND NOTHING ever happens to them

31 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition

From the Senior Vice President of Human Resources: GenMark and its leaders are strongly committed to providing a respectful, professional workplace. You raise some serious concerns in your review and I can assure you we will follow up on these matters promptly. Build Trust and Speak Up are important cultural beliefs here at GenMark, and I encourage you to contact any one of us in Human Resources directly so that we can discuss your specific concerns further. You can also follow up with me directly at jennifer.williams@genmarkdx.com - Thank you”

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Revolving Turnover-

Jul 2, 2017 - Management in Carlsbad, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bagel Wednesday/Free soda/Free food at quarterly meeting.

Cons

Everything! SLT is terrible. No work , life, Balance. It's a numbers game. The Management does not care about the people. There is a constant high turnover all year long. Do not work here unless you don't have a life outside of work.

9 people found this review helpful