Galvanize Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2021

Found 203 of over 215 reviews

4.4
Galvanize CEO    Dan Zitting   (no image)
Dan Zitting
Pros
  • "Great culture, location and team(in 11 reviews)

• "Galvanize is still a great place to work after all these years(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains, constant change in directives(in 10 reviews)

• "Unfortunately, Vancouver-based companies can't pay as much as their counterparts in Seattle or California(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

216 Comments

Tech

81.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Galvanize~21471
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Current Employee: I have been working at Galvanize full-time for less than a year

Sep 13, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture, with a supportive leadership team. Training is extensive and you can tell the company values and invests in their new employees. Many growth opportunities. Most employees have been there for 2+ years and have been promoted.

Cons

Extensive product knowledge, will take time to learn and initiate. If you are looking for continuous growth and enjoy being challenged, this is a great employer.

Vice President, HR

Thanks for taking time to share your review. Professional goals are discussed at Galvanize right from the initial interview, through to your last day with our team. From mentorship, to training, to cross-functional job shadowing and beyond, we are committed to helping you reach your full potential! It’s a pleasure to hear your feedback on our team culture and growth opportunities. Thank you for sharing.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Top shop for SDRs, nothing better in Vancouver for Tech SaaS

Sep 13, 2021 - Senior Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unmatched training Extremely competitive salary, commission and ample bonuses/spiffs Forward thinking management and leadership Beautiful office and flexibility for WFH Room to grow, expanding company, consistently highly valued experience by EVERY other Tech company in BC and beyond the Province.

Cons

Ramping on/ onboarding takes a bit longer than other organizations, but is there because the product is fairly complex, onboarding process well defined and structured

Vice President, HR

Thank you for your feedback! Galvanize is a great place for aspiring SaaS sales professionals to grow their skills and work towards their professional goals. From dedicated leadership to generous incentives, our goal is to empower and reward our incredible SDR team; you are the engine keeping the business running. We welcome your suggestions for other ways we can support our SDR and broader marketing team to gain product and domain expertise, succeed with Galvanize, and ultimately achieve your professional goals. Thanks again for sharing!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mentorship, Opportunity, Pay, Culture and product and more!

Sep 3, 2021 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

- As described above, Galvanize has given me all of the above and more - these are the top areas for me personally and I wanted to touch on each one... - Mentorship - we have world class leaders here at Galvanize who are very smart and understand the world of GRC. They are willing and able to teach you how to master your job here - Opportunity - yes... there is a path to AE if you're looking for it. There have also been promotions to team leads, manager, marketing roles, solutions consulting and more... - Pay - above the market average with very lucrative compensation structure - full stop. - Culture - come to the office (or work from home as well!) and you will see what I mean... collaboration, helping each other improve consistently and a safe environment to speak up is what we offer - You get to sell a product that changes the world. Fraud, waste and abuse is rising constantly and in the SDR role at Galvanize you get to engage the market on how we deal with risk and compliance effectively and change the lives of those in charge of GRC at these organizations!

Cons

- None that I can personally name for myself. I enjoy what we do, how we do it and I am looking forward to the continued growth of this org

Vice President, HR

We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Galvanize! It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback on some of the key areas that we prioritize for our team – culture, training & development, and opportunities to achieve your professional goals. As a leader in the GRC space, we are fortunate to be able to provide unique and valuable insights and education to both our customers and our team. Thanks again for taking time to share your feedback.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company to be apart of and a very exciting time to join!!!

Sep 2, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture and an amazing office. Brilliant salary and commission available to be achieved. Amazing resources are made available to make your job easier. The company was just acquired by dilligient so it is an incredibly exciting time to be joining like I am. I have just joined the SDR team and it is great to see all my team members crushing their quota and getting paid!! The training is long but unlike previous companies I have worked for, I have been given access to excellent training into high-level sales methodology. We just had our summer party last week and it was epic!!! Lots of sales incentives and extra money to be made.

Cons

We are a tech company and have a variety of different products in the GRC space so it is quite difficult to wrap your head around all the products as they are very technical, but the management team are very patient with you.

Vice President, HR

We’re excited to hear about your experience! As someone who recently joined our team, it’s rewarding to know that you have already benefitted from the culture, resources, and training at Galvanize. We’re proud to have an incredible group of peers and managers to support new hires, in addition to many training programs and resources available as you navigate the learning curve of our products. If you have any ideas for our next company party, we encourage you to share! Thanks again for posting about your experience and welcome to the Galvanize team.

5. 2.0

Women, work elsewhere!

Sep 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent social atmosphere - Beer Kegs, Dogs, Games - Good Parties (if you're in sales or product) - Room for advancement (unless you're a woman)

Cons

- Women are consistently promoted at a slower rate and denied opportunities for advancement - Complaints of harassment are not addressed by Senior Management - Company has been going through a massive turnover since Keith Cerny took over the leadership of HR and especially since the company was acquired - Low Pay, difficult to negotiate for raises

6 people found this review helpful

Vice President, HR

Thank you for taking time to share your review of Galvanize. It’s important for us to hear what we are doing well and where we can improve. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the social atmosphere but we’re very sorry to hear about the negative aspects of your experience working with us. It certainly does not reflect our values and practices at Galvanize and I want to personally address some of the issues you brought up and ways we are working to continuously improve. With regards to harassment, we take all harassment claims very seriously. While confidentiality often restricts how privy employees can be to the actions being taken to resolve the claims, harassment is not tolerated and addressed promptly. As a result of this review, we are reviewing our policies and procedures to identify any gaps or areas which require improvement. Our people are our most valuable asset and talent development is one of Galvanize’s main corporate priorities with a focus on women and other underrepresented groups. We have specific metrics we are working towards but understand it is a work in progress. We’ve increased female representation on our SLT and the organization has a newly hired VP of Talent and DEI&I. Our commitment to achieving our diversity goals has only increased and we’re learning new ways to reach our goals, faster. Finally, we make our compensation decisions based on a number of data points in combination with a look at internal equity, skills and outcomes, and the market. We’re committed to fair pay, but of course, recognizing there are some companies in this market that pay far beyond market rate. Once again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your review. Rest assured that this has been shared with our broader leadership team and we continue to learn and grow together to make this a great place to work for everyone.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work! Great place to grow! I love Galvanize!!!

Aug 4, 2021 - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- strong product in the GRC industry; - great opportunities to learn cloud computing with comprehensive training modules - people are warm and welcoming; - company is growing with a positive overall outlook; - great leadership. VP is smart and approachable; - beautiful office space conveniently located;

Cons

- strict compliance policies; - some technical debts; - some typical growing pains

Vice President, HR

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Galvanize is proud to provide opportunities for learning and growth to our team, including cross-functional job shadowing, training programs, career planning, our “no questions asked” book budget, and mentorship across the company. A passionate and talented team is at the core of growth and success at Galvanize. We appreciate your time invested on our team and wish you success in your future!

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company to work for to grow your skills

Jul 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Galvanize leadership is focused on developing people. There are lots of advancement opportunities, and leaders/managers actually work with individuals to help them accomplish their career goals. There are many great internal trainings to level up people's skills, and there is a "no questions asked" book purchase policy. Learning and growth are really encouraged and supported at Galvanize. Galvanize has a very healthy culture. People are respectful and friendly, and the work-life balance is usually good. Leaders welcome and take feedback seriously, and everyone is encouraged to challenge the status quo. Core values are embraced and used by employees to guide their everyday decisions as well as used in performance reviews. There are lots of fun events to help employees connect. Even during COVID, leaders tried their best to keep people connected by hosting online celebrations and activities for people to mingle and have a good time together.

Cons

The acquisition by Diligent brought a certain level of uncertainty for people and the turnover has been higher than normal in the past few months. This is not out of the norm of most acquisitions, and it creates great opportunities for existing employees to step up as well as new employees to make a big impact.

Vice President, HR

We appreciate your thoughtful feedback! It has undeniably been a year of change for Galvanize, from COVID and the transition to remote work to our exciting acquisition by Diligent. Our goals through all of these changes have been to support our team, communicate openly, provide innovative opportunities for connection, and listen– really listen - in order to proactively address our team’s evolving needs. Looking ahead, we have an incredible opportunity as a part of Diligent to take the GRC market by storm and deliver real, innovative value to customers across the world. Our core values and our people will continue to be the biggest driver for us as we move forward. We’re so excited to provide even more opportunities for learning, growth, connection, and impact as a part of Diligent’s dynamic team across the globe. Thank you again for sharing your positive experience with us.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A great company to learn about SaaS

Jul 8, 2021 - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Galvanize R&D has been one of the best places to work in my career, which explains why I stayed much longer than I originally intended. During my seven years at the company, I had lots of exposure to the ins-and-outs of developing a SaaS product. There were constant learning opportunities, and an ongoing drive to use the latest techniques and technologies to solve customer problems in creative ways. I could see that Galvanize is a thought-leader in the local Vancouver community, with other companies being very interested in how we solved technical problems. This includes the adoption of the latest AWS services, as well as some of the process-centric leadership to help teams meet their goals. From a cultural perspective, the R&D team has a reputation for being a positive and supportive community, where praise is public, but constructive criticism is given in a private and sensitive way. A great location for people to grow and learn in their career. Every time I raised a problem or concern, I could trust that management would listen, and make steps to make things better.

Cons

Unfortunately, Galvanize is going through the typical post-acquisition challenges, after recently merging with Diligent (the new parent company). A number of the senior leaders have chosen to move on to new challenges, but this is only natural given they were foundational contributors who made the company the success it is today. Despite the changes, and the uncertainty this creates, Galvanize a perfect place for existing employees to step into the vacated roles, as well as for new employees to come and be the next generation of leaders. This was already starting to happen in the months before I decided to leave.

9. 4.0

Good Company, Great Culture

Jul 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture - the company will do almost everything to make you feel included, supported, and to mentor you on your career goals and aspiration. Benefits were topnotch. Compensation is relatively competitive, but that is slowly changing.

Cons

Acquisitions puts most roles' stability into question.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Jun 24, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the SLT team. They are great.

Cons

It's fast moving and it has high turnover.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 203 Reviews