Gaines Investment Trust Reviews

Updated Dec 7, 2021

Found 187 of over 189 reviews

4.4
Gaines Investment Trust Managing Director Jeff Gaines (no image)
Jeff Gaines
Pros
  • "Stability, they rarely sell properties(in 21 reviews)

• "Gaines Investment Trust is a great place to work if you are detail-oriented, diligent, and operate well in a fast-paced environment(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management will not be there for assistance or support(in 10 reviews)

• "No residential properties on the east coast, as of now at least(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee

Family owned Property management trust

Dec 7, 2021 - Property Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

With every company there is good and bad. This company is really putting alot of time, energy, and money in the training, marketing, and recruiting departments. Training has gone along way from when I started. The corporate office is in La Jolla, CA and have been making site visits more this year and talked to staff how we can better our product and people. They are really good at promoting from within. I have seen leasing agents work hard and over the years work up to property managers. Entry techs up to Leads.

Cons

Insurance is not that great. Commissions are supposed to be paid on last check of the month, but they will push it to the following month (sometimes at a short notice) which can mess up personal budgeting.

Director of Marketing

Thank you for posting this thoughtful and informative review! Your feedback is very helpful to us. Your insights will help us improve our operations and the specificity of your commentary gives us an opportunity to address those particular areas that could use improvement. Thank you so much for being a loyal and hardworking employee of Gaines Investment Trust! We are grateful to have you on our team!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Company

Oct 6, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Comprehensive training and good benefits and work environment

Cons

I can not think of any cons!

Director of Marketing

Thank you very much for your positive review of Gaines Investment Trust. We appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback and are so happy that you’ve had an excellent experience. We’re grateful to have you on our team and wish you continued fulfillment & success here at GIT!

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Do NOT work for this company!!

Oct 29, 2021 - Property Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has no pros.

Cons

This has been by far the worst experience of my life. HR is a joke. It’s family owned and operated so they do their business under the table, sly as foxes and dishonest to the bone. When you need them , they will not be there. If they did something wrong and “it [gets] out” that you said something, you will face the consequences.

Director of Marketing

Hello, we take employee attitudes seriously. Upon receiving this accusatory review we investigated the potential catalyst of such remarks. This emotionally charged post is a direct attack on our company & family values of fairness and integrity. It concerns us deeply that your experience inspired such distrust. We are committed to handling all employee disputes with the utmost professionalism, and care. We hope you communicate your concerns more openly and transparently with us so that we can resolve any relevant issues that you have with GIT.

4. 3.0

A good company

Sep 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love it! The support is great along with the benefits

Cons

There are really no cons to the job. You have to be willing out in the work

Managing Director

Thank you for your positive feedback. We're thrilled that you feel supported, and we love to hear that you've enjoyed the array of benefits we offer to our employees. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do to change your rating to a full 5-stars. We take all employee feedback seriously, and your happiness is important to us. - Gaines Investment Trust

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Outstanding Training and Employee Growth Opportunities

Aug 18, 2021 - Corporate Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Elaborate training programs custom to position needs - Executives are open to ideas and encourage open communication - Outstanding leadership and consistent support for all levels of operations - Ability to grow within the company

Cons

No cons at this time. I've worked for Gaines for 6+ years and have enjoyed every moment.

Continue reading

Managing Director

Thank you so much for this excellent review of Gaines Investment Trust. Since you are a long-time employee, it is especially meaningful to hear you've had such a positive experience throughout the years. It is our goal for all employees to have positive experiences such as yours! We appreciate the time and energy you've invested in Gaines Investment Trust thus far and we look forward to many more years of growth and prosperity together.

6. 5.0

Awsome Employer

Aug 10, 2021 - Floating Leasing Consultant in Henderson, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the people who work here, love that they are very friendly, kind and understanding.

Cons

I havent started yet. But very much looking forward to it.

Managing Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Gaines Investment Trust. We're so glad that you've had a positive experience with us so far, and we are grateful to have you as a part of our extraordinary team!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Hire Process

Aug 8, 2021 - Assistant Property Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Applied through indeed and shortly after received an email for a zoom interview with the recruiter, she was really nice and informative, after that, I had my second interview in person with the property manager. She went into detail on my day-to-day duties, then received an offer letter. Pleasant experience. Very communicative.

Cons

No cons as of yet, currently still waiting on the start date. Should be receiving an email sometime next week.

Managing Director

We are glad to hear that your hiring process has been pleasant and informative. We do our best to set you up for success right out of the gate! We wish you a long and fulfilling career with Gaines Investment Trust.

8. 5.0

Amazing company

Jul 7, 2021 - Make Ready Technician in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is good about this company. From the very start it showed that they cared about they employees, and really showed value to them. I’m about to be onboard and I can’t wait to start.

Cons

No cons in the moment

Managing Director

We're so glad that you feel valued and cared for - because you are! Thank you for joining Gaines Investment Trust!

9. 5.0

Amazing Workplace

Jun 13, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Frisco, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Fair pay Great team

Cons

No cons so far I haven’t started working yet!

Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review! We are happy to have you as a Leasing Professional on our team and we wish you the very best experience as you continue working at Gaines Investment Trust.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not the right fit for me

May 24, 2021 - Regional Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training program was the most in depth program I have seen for new employees. The senior regional trainer is very committed to her job and the company, 2 members of the ownership family were very involved and friendly.

Cons

Did not let me complete my final two weeks after giving notice, also did not get paid out the small amount of PTO I accrued. Relatively high level of turnover even for the property management industry, growing pains for the training program during my time and "miscommunication" from my supervisor.

Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're reviewing your concerns internally so that we can address them for future employees. We're sorry to hear that we were not a good fit for you and wish you the best of luck!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 187 Reviews