GTM Sportswear Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.3
David Dreiling

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free on site Health Clinic for immediate family (in 9 reviews)

• GTM has good benefits, and will only get better after being acquired by Hanes (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes hard to be noticed by upper management (in 7 reviews)

• Work a lot of overtime during busy season, but have hours cut during slow season (in 6 reviews)

"Great first job out of college"

Pros

Full time opportunity, good job out of college, great people. Friendly work environment, nice town to be in. Management is understanding and kind!

Cons

In slow season hours can get cut, not always a lot of work during that time. Sometimes can be hard to move to a new process.

"I have been working at GTM Sportswear full time for 2 years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper management is very involved in the day to day activities and cares about team member satisfaction. There are plenty of opportunities to advance within in the company so I have never felt like I was in a dead end position.
    There are also a lot of perks that are hard to find at other companies in Manhattan. Team members have access to the free health clinic, a free gym membership, and discounts and many local restaurants and stores.

Cons

The integration with Hanes has added a lot of stress to the leadership team and taken some of the focus off of smaller issues.

Advice to Management

Communicate about changes and integration, even if it is sharing small frustrations or roadblocks. The team can sense when something is wrong and do not like being left in the dark.

"Love what you do- Work at GTM!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Manhattan, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Manhattan, KS (US)

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time

Pros

Some of the reasons I love working at GTM Sportswear is the people and the product. Growing up I was always involved in sports, and so working at a place we get to sale sporting goods to, and build relationships with is a dream. I also love the culture we have built at GTM Sportswear. We work hard, and also celebrate WINS. We are here for each other, and it is a family away from home.

Cons

An area that we could improve is continued support to our Talent Development. With a new generation coming in that is tech savvy, how does a company continue to support Social Media interaction while also doing your work.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Manhattan, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Manhattan, KS (US)

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people from upper management down are great to work with and great to work for. The teams I'm on, software development and business intelligence, are great in that we push each other to learn and improve, which grows ourselves and the team as a whole.

The culture is a great balance. We expect each to deliver as the team is depending on you, but it's fun and relaxed at the same time. Life happens, and management allows for a great work/life balance. In short, it's a place where people are valued.

We utilize many of the latest tools and technologies, which also allows many developers to work remote. However, my family really enjoys the small community of Manhattan, KS, so I live here and come into the office.

Cons

There are no significant downsides. A couple of minor ones are:
    1. We could use more conference rooms, which is alleviated with use of online meeting tools.
    2. We could use more office space, which is alleviated with many team members working remote.

Advice to Management

Communicate more frequently regarding the 6-12 month focus and goals. They are clearly there, because they are shared at times, and when I ask about it, there's always an answer. The information could be shared more frequently for transparency and inspiration.

"Great career starter"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

•  Onsite health clinic
    •  Gym membership
    •  Lots of perks for businesses around town
    •  Good discounts on GTM / Hanes / Champion products
    •  Opportunity for movement to different departments
    •  Lots of free coffee if that's your thing

Cons

•  Pay isn't competitive for the field I work in (but not bad for the area)
    •  No onsite opportunities to unwind or relax with co-workers

Advice to Management

•  Work on building teams outside of the work place
    •  Listen to input from all levels, both above and below

"Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manhattan, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Manhattan, KS (US)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co workers, fantastic helpful management, great work environment. It was a pleasure to come to work everyday. (only left bc of a move)

Cons

long walk from the parking lot if you are semi disabled (not disabled enough to have a handicap placard) come early to snag some of the coveted close spots

Advice to Management

Keep being your wonderful selves! Thank you management and upper management for being real, down to earth, happy, super friendly and fun!

"Great Company Doing Great Things"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Manhattan, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Manhattan, KS (US)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Been with the company the highs and lows, so I've seen it all. Joining a company having 30% year-over-year growth is like nothing else. Everyone is having a blast and you can throw money at anything. The team has adopted the scrum project management style, and has been amazing for product development, employee satisfaction, and overall productivity. GTM has good benefits, and will only get better after being acquired by Hanes. It is a great company to work for, and you'll get to work with great people trying to make a difference every day.

401k and benefits are all pretty solid.

Cons

Hit a wall as far as upward mobility. There was no real way to move up from my current position, but it was a stable position. Compensation started lagging behind the market in recent years, they seem to be trying to course correct on this though.

Advice to Management

Keep pursuing the business-to-business side of things, that's where the future is. GTM has a lot of opportunities at it's doorstep.

"Great People"

Former Employee - Tech Associate in Manhattan, KS (US)
    Former Employee - Tech Associate in Manhattan, KS (US)

I worked at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People to work with

Cons

The pay was way to Low Pay

10. "GTM Sportswear review"

Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Manhattan, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Inventory Specialist in Manhattan, KS (US)

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work at GTM Sportswear would definitely be the amount of benefits received as well as the affordability and coverage of some of the bigger things such as medical and dental.

Cons

The downsides are the starting pay is very poor and does not get much better after working for awhile. Also, there is a lot of competition amongst employees that contributes to an overall aggressive and stressful workplace.

"The People I Work with Are the Main Reason I Stay"

I have been working at GTM Sportswear full-time

Pros

My team members and immediate supervisors are great. For not being directly affiliated with the local university or in the local college district, this company is unusually understanding of students' school schedules and coursework loads. There are worse companies to have to work at in this area as a production or warehouse employee.

Cons

The workload is sometimes overwhelming. Climate control is spotty. Let me clarify: in the summer months, I was afraid the warehouse employees would get heat stroke.

Advice to Management

Please gain some understanding of what it takes for warehouse and production staff to make possible what you are apparently promising customers and corporate. If you're truly wanting capable, loyal, long-term employees to produce the goods that your business is selling, start treating them like equal participants.