GCS Recruitment Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2020

GCS Recruitment Managing Director David Bloxham
David Bloxham
Pros
Cons
  • "very long hours but that is the nature of the industry(in 20 reviews)

• "Fairly regimented working hours, not much working flexibility until at a more senior level(in 7 reviews)

1. "Decent recruitment company to grow and learn your specialism"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at GCS Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team morale Training Encourage not a one in one out culture

Cons

Comission could be reviewed in certain areas

2. "Anything else."

1.0
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at GCS Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

GCS will quickly make you aware of the type of company you do not want to work for.

Cons

Bad leadership, training, morals, ethics, and culture. Every man for themselves environment, which can be a good learning experience but not to the extent that team members will work to bring each other down rather than gain a win for the company.

3. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time

Pros

Welcoming, family atmosphere in the office. People offer help if you ask for it and sometimes if you don't.

Cons

Long hours, but to be expected in recruitment

4. "Positive Experience From Start To Finish"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at GCS Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had an incredibly positive experience at GCS for the year I worked there. I came to GCS with no prior recruitment experience, and I learned everything on the job. From day 1, I felt like my manager really invested his time to make sure I was learning and comfortable. Once I started to become more independent, he always checked in to see what other resources or advice I needed to be successful. There was a constant open flow of communication from my manager to make sure I was as successful as possible in my role. I felt he expected a lot from me, but he was also my biggest supporter. In recent months, GCS has also implemented additional training and coaching to reinforce learning and improve the basics. It was nice to look at problems with advice from a different perspective, and group sessions were a good way to discuss what other methods might work for you. I also felt like GCS had a great team environment. Senior consultants were always available and eager to help when it came to brainstorming ideas, sharing materials, and other tips and tricks. Everyone was also very inclusive. We had lunch together as a team, celebrated birthdays and anniversaries, and there were frequent company events and outings. I don't drink alcohol, but "work drinks" weren't uncomfortable because the team at GCS was so supportive.

Cons

Recruitment, in general, is not right for everyone. High turnover is not exclusive to GCS. If you're not prepared to hustle and put in the work and hours it takes to build your way up to being a top biller, then recruitment is not right for you. It's also easy to get caught up in other people's success and think it comes easily or naturally to some people. You do not see the time and energy those people are putting in after hours.

Continue reading
  5. "Better than your average agency"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at GCS Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Excellent office culture in Dublin - Great people - Personable/approachable management - Transparent meritocratic hierarchy

Cons

-Heavily KPI Driven -Regimented office hours (No Flexi-time) -Below average basic salary

Continue reading
  6. "Amazing environment, great people, motivating objectives"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

My experience with GCS Austin has been nothing but positive. There is a strong culture of collaboration. Management is supportive and engaged in each individuals success and growth. If you want to feel like you are part of something bigger than yourself then seriously consider applying.

Cons

You get out what you put in

"The place to be if you want a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

The managers reward hard work, are incredibly driven and smart, and respect their crew. I am so excited to be here. GCS Austin is a rocketship on its way to huge success. It is great to be a part of something that is growing and getting stronger. There is so much room for promotion and career advancement.

Cons

Wouldn't necessarily consider this a con - but if you want to be great, you've go to put in the extra hours.

8. "Fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at GCS Recruitment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

excellent training scheme, company incentives, very rewarding for those who work hard and do well

Cons

crap internet and system speed

Continue reading
  9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant

I have been working at GCS Recruitment full-time

Pros

Great company ethos in a good, supportive office. The initial training program for new starters is comprehensive and engaging, which is further backed by on desk training through managers and colleagues. Lots of incentives to do well and opportunities to excel.

Cons

Fairly regimented working hours, not much working flexibility until at a more senior level.

"Negative Experience"

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at GCS Recruitment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Potential to make money but must be willing to work hard.

Cons

- Non ethical UK business attempting to make it in America. - The business doesn't prioritize benefits. - Benefits such as healthcare, flexibility, PTO, are all very minimal and expensive. 401k is not offered - The environment in the office is very toxic. You are expected to work long hours arrive early stay late. -Talking to your peers during work hours is strongly discouraged. - No flexibility. You have an hour break that is very strict from 1-2pm and you are expected to be back at your desk on time. - All incentives are based on your billings and not on your work ethic or the work you put in everyday. - Training is very minimal and never structured. You rarely receive feedback or words of encouragement. -Management is made up of top billers who haven't received the leadership training they need in order to run a successful business in a different country. On the contrary they find it difficult to see junior succeed and often train to benefit themselves first. - Feedback is not shared with the team in a constructive manner to ensure confidentiality. - Resources & tools needed in order to succeed were taken away to save the business money but you are still expected to continue to bill just as much. - There is no room to grow your skills but only to grow in earnings. - The commission structure is changed often and not communicated with the team. Communication is very poor overall in the business. -Expectations are unrealistic and not achievable with the training in place. - The salary and commission structure is too low and realistically you will not make enough to survive in New York your first year as a junior consultant.

GCS Recruitment Response

November 6, 2019

We are so sorry that your time with GCS was not a wholly positive one. We are always striving to improve our workplace so we would be love to discuss your experience in more detail anonymously so we can act on your comments to make the experience better for the many GCS employees that are building successful careers within our company. Please email hr@gcsrecruitment.com. Good luck for the future.

Found 88 reviews