G Adventures Reviews

Found 298 of over 339 reviews

3.9
G Adventures Founder Bruce Poon Tip
Bruce Poon Tip
Pros
  • "Great ethos and company culture(in 30 reviews)

• "G adventures has a positive culture you work with supportive and like minded colleagues(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very low pay, even for the travel industry (pre covid)(in 29 reviews)

• "A lot of leadership do not follow the core values(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great company

Mar 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great time working here, great people and environment.

Cons

great job, no cons at all!

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We thank you for your feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed working with us. We wish you all the best for the future.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good place to start, but cons outweigh pros

Apr 15, 2022 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to grow, but mostly because you do things out of your pay grade Lots of fun Free trip Flexible on working hours

Cons

Extremely disorganized Leadership seems lost Used to be innovative, now just stuck in ways pretending to be relevant

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

The only downside was a pandemic

Mar 31, 2022 - Talent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people: these are some of the most amazing people I've worked with - I felt included from day 1 Benefits: I don't know where they're at now, but they had a really great benefits package (and incredible parental leave by comparison to most of Canada) Talent team: when the ship was going down because of COVID, the talent and HR team did the best they could to ease the anxiety Values: Not just internally, but on their trips. The effort to make a positive impact through travel can't be contested.

Cons

It's travel and we saw a pandemic -- the cons come from an unprecedented time where decisions had to be made to save the business and continue to support locals in their destinations. While it wasn't great at the time, looking back on the need to cost save was valid -- what we thought was 2 weeks, or 2 months turned into 2 years.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work if you love travel

Mar 25, 2022 - Operations Coordinator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun place to work. Good people and culture. Great travel opportunities

Cons

Low salary, benefits not great

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We do invest heavily in order to create a differentiated and engaging employee experience, and we are glad to hear that you appreciated the culture, work environment and the people you worked with. We appreciate and value your feedback in regards to salary and benefits. We regularly review market data in both the travel and vertical industries to ensure we are paying our employees at a fair and competitive level. We do however thank you for your feedback on this topic and will continue to review these essential components as part of our total rewards strategy. We wish you the very best for the future.

5. 4.0

Limited opportunties

Feb 23, 2022 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some company specific travel benefits

Cons

- Below market compensation. - Resource constraint

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed some of the travel benefits that come along with working for a travel company. Unfortunately, due to the impact of COVID on the travel industry, we are continuing to experience some resource restrictions as we wait for travel to fully recover. That being said we are seeing strong demand from our customers, and we believe it's only a matter of time before the industry is booming again. We thank you for your feedback and years of service, and wish you well.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Meh

Mar 2, 2022 - Travel Agent in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture travel perks co-workers location companies commitment to sustainable travel

Cons

culture management being told you have to go to "optional" events

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the company culture and the people you worked with, and that you felt connected with our mission. We thank you for your feedback and will take it under consideration as we continue to evolve and grow as a company. We wish you the best for the future.

7. 4.0

Great company

Dec 23, 2021 - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

great atmosphere and team spirit

Cons

leadership wasn't always the right fit but some of them were amazing

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the culture at G Adventures. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best for the future.

8. 4.0

Exciting place to work

Sep 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good travel opportunities. Nice people

Cons

Disorganized across departments, but was working on improving.

Global Talent

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that that you enjoyed the travel perks and the people that you worked with. Communication between departments can certainly be a challenge at times, but as you mentioned, we are constantly looking for ways to improve in this area and evolve as a company. We thank you for your feedback and wish you well.

9. 4.0

Culture is amazing!!

Sep 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The salary was low but the gave

Cons

They have lots of leadership programs and travel benefits and free days off

Global Talent

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our programs and benefits and we wish you all the best in your future endeavours!

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company and travel opportunities , low salary

Aug 3, 2021 - GCO- Global Connections Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great travel opportunities, fun company -Well established adventure tour company -Great travel Sales training -Clear targets and KPIs; easy to understand sales incentives

Cons

-Very low pay, even for the travel industry (pre covid) -Very tight social cliques, it could feel like 'high school' at times -unless you have money saved prior to employment, it's hard to take advantage of the travel opportunities available bc of the very low pay.

Global Talent

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed travel perks and the training provided. We do invest significantly in our culture which includes providing many opportunities for our employees to connect with each other through a variety of events and engagement initiatives. Although connection is important, we also strongly believe in creating a sense of belonging for all of our staff, and if social cliques have developed in your department, this is certainly an unintended and discouraged consequence. In order to further our efforts in this area, we have recently put together a diversity and inclusion committee which will be executing on our diversity and inclusion mission and strategy. In regards to your feedback on compensation, we regularly review market benchmarking data to ensure we are paying our employees at a fair level in both the travel and vertical industries. We will continue to do so to ensure we remain equitable within the market. We thank you again for your feedback, and we wish you well in your future endeavours.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 298 Reviews

G Adventures Reviews FAQs

G Adventures has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 339 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at G Adventures to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, G Adventures employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at G Adventures. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

71% of G Adventures employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated G Adventures 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with G Adventures Job Seekers