Full Spectrum Laser Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Henry Liu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Take recent reviews with grain of salt as they arent what they seem"

Former Employee - Warehouse in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* 2 breaks, 1 hour lunch.
    * Generous time off.
    * Occasional paid lunches and potlucks

Cons

* Lack of communication between departments.
    * Pay very low.
    * Raises are very sporadic this includes your 30 day raise and bonuses.
    * Downtime to infrequent product shipments
    * Promotion is none existed once hired youre pretty much subjected to the role youre hired in.

Advice to Management

No advice as they generally arent receptive and often ignored by upper management.

2. "Great place to work !"

Current Employee - Assembly/QA in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Assembly/QA in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice work environment. Accommodating and polite coworkers Adequate equipment and tools. Plenty of work to keep busy.

Cons

Some weaknesses in the areas of document control, IT, and technical support most likely due to growth and expansion.

Advice to Management

Focus on continuous improvement. Facilitate modifications of the infrastructure to reflect growth.

3. "Amazing , Fun, Best experience yet"

Current Employee - QC Technician in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - QC Technician in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has grown leaps and bounds . They have hired key employees that have turned this place around . New designs and software is improving everyday.

Cons

Communication still lacking from certain departments.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction you are heading . this place has become great .

4. "Working at Full Spectrum"

Current Employee - Ops in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Ops in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic work environment - everyone has their tasks and duties, helps each other and the days are always productive and full of work to do without things being overwhelming at the same time. Each department seamlessly works with each other. When everything is in order and communication is great, it makes for a very cohesive environment. Every position is managed well, and each employee is given the tools and knowledge they need to excel at their position.

Input is considered - you can really tell that management cares about their employees, and will often go out of their way to help most times. If something is bothering a certain individual or if there are any ideas that might improve things around work, they are always taken into consideration and there is almost always an open door to speak about these kinds of things.

Very friendly environment - As a company, it really feels like a family. Often times around the holidays there are small get-togethers and short events to commemorate the occasion. Always bringing the employees together and is something I personally haven't experienced in any other work environment.

Cons

The pay is decent, but in some cases, it doesn't fully translate to the tasks some may have to conduct and could be better. The full-time hours make up for this a little, but it still could be improved.

Sometimes communication can be off, which will always have effects on other departments and their workflow. With the way things work around here communication is key and with the number of people who have to communicate with each other, there are mistakes made here and there and there could be some improvement made in that section. We have a work system that makes it easy to identify mistakes and it takes some initiative to correct them when communication is off.

5. "Hard work does pay off!!!"

Current Employee - Receiver in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Receiver in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment to work in. Open door policy. Since they bought in a new manager, my hard work has been noticed. Hard work does pay off!

Cons

No overtime. High turn over rate. Better benefits, more vacation time and PTO.

Advice to Management

Continue to believe in your employees and push them to become valuable assets to the company so they don't look elsewhere for a employment.

6. "Dedicated employees"

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time

Pros

Employees work hard to make sure customers are satisfied

Cons

Their is no voluntarily overtime

7. "Rewarding Work Enviroment"

Current Employee - Quality Control Technician in Henderson, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Control Technician in Henderson, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing Team to work with. Management is very easy to engage with and provide feedback. Company Celebrates the Team by hosting fun events . Management recognizes their associates hard work. They provide great benefits. Management is very efficient in resolving any conflicts and issues. There is alot of room for advancement. Management ensures associates are developed so that can elevate to a higher position.

Cons

Its a great place to work at no cons on my end. Management stays on task to ensure any issues are resolve.

8. "Bad policies, no way to move up, don't care about long term aspect only care about making money now"

Pros

Monday through Friday set schedule.
    Sometimes free snacks

Cons

No organization. Weak management. No communication throughout the company. Terrible customer service policies. Low paying jobs unless you're in sales or an engineer. Very hard to improve yourself while at this Company. Will hire outside of company rather than promote or move from within.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees and customers more. Some really under utilized employees

"Unique Company with Incredible Growth Potential!"

Current Employee - Technical Sales in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Sales in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with an exciting product that allows people to create some amazing things. The upside potential here is endless and the company keeps growing. Definitely has been an opportunity that I am thankful for and enjoy!

Cons

As a result of the incredibly fast growth departments do not always communicate as quickly with each other as they should. However, this is getting better and we are becoming a well-oiled machine!

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on staying ahead of the curve in our competitive global market.

"Room for improvement"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Full Spectrum Laser full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting projects, where all developers get to work directly on the code across many systems. Projects feel like they matter, writing code for an evolving product and developing features for new ones. The company atmosphere is friendly and there is no competition between departments.

Cons

There is the occasional obsession with micromanaging our time, and not always trusting the employees to get things done, even though we've proven to be trustworthy. When this happens, feels like someone is watching over my shoulder as I work. But luckily this has been improving and happens much less often than it used to. Main other downside is that I think there could be more PTO available, or more flexible hours so PTO is not needed in the first place, if time can be made up elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees to get things done, until they prove that they cannot be trusted. And if we aren't trustworthy then you have reason to scrutinize our time.