Forrester Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

George F. Colony

"Principal Analyst"

Current Employee - Principal Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture; comprehensive benefits and perks; working with a smart and driven group of people; opportunity to contribute to an amazing knowledge base

Cons

limited lunch choices (although delivery service is good)

Forrester2018-11-13

"Excellent role and organisation"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Epsom, England

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Excellent exposure to senior clients at both vendors and end user organisations. - Ability as an Analyst to research some of the latest trends in the industry and have excellent colleagues, clients to work with them on. - Good benefits package including a tuition fee benefit which is unusual in the UK. - Sensible approach to work life balance and travel. - Nice office in a central London location. - Genuinely seem...

Cons

- Not always joined up. Can be quite siloed. - Very stringent research methodologies and guidelines. Getting a POV out quickly is not very easy. - Business is not reaching its potential in Europe but the management and leadership have recognised this and are acting quickly to change this. - Complicated product structure. Needs to be simpler.

Advice to Management

Break down silos for our organisation. Holding us back.

Forrester2018-07-21

"Great Place To Work And Grow"

Current Employee - Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Smart people, challenging, positive work environment, no drama, friendly co-workers, lots of company events.

Cons

Open cube environment (no offices) but quiet, unique business so most people feel lost when they first start, not great on-boarding training at the department level and no ongoing training (after you start, you're pretty much on your own).

Forrester2018-03-16

"Great interview process, awesome first few months"

Current Employee - Principal Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture is top notch. Smart, motivated people that are curious and intellectually honest.

Cons

Working hard to keep small company feel while growing to becoming a big company.

Advice to Management

Look to lateral customer opportunities and specialtization for growth.

Forrester2017-08-17

"Great enviornment"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Forrester full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging work Friendly environment Great for networking at the C level and above Every day is a learning day

Cons

Constant shifts in sales strategy Bad revelation criteria Lack of political support by line mangers

Advice to Management

Support verticals

Forrester2017-06-22

"A Good company for the right time of your life (also, my last year there was before 2013)"

Former Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Forrester full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A terrific opportunity to learn about the technology industry; some very curious, interesting colleagues to work with; client work is fantastic

Cons

Strategic vision is lacking; struggling to differentiate and become essential in the digital economy; general sense of hubris

Advice to Management

The brand is terrific -- but it's eroding; it's 2017!!, be bold and fresh!, analysts are not cogs in your machines (if they are, you've hired the wrong analysts)

Forrester2017-04-12

"Analyst is Best/Most Challenging Job You Can Have. Period."

Current Employee - Principal Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Smarts and professionalism of peers - you get to work with truly great people Interesting work - always learning Top-notch clients - your job is to help leaders lead Well-established brand in the tech community Solidly-managed: good metrics and controls - you know what you need to do Objective and consistent about measuring employee contributions

Cons

Low business growth and low short-term potential to change Demanding work with lots of A-type personalities - hard to strike good work-life balance Business hasn't created a successful, major innovation in years

Advice to Management

We love George, but it's probably time for change at the top. Spend money on marketing your value, not just the brand. Leverage your customer success more.

Forrester2017-02-07

"Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Surrounded by smart people who challenge each other's thinking. A great platform for thought leadership.

Cons

Changing individual goals and uncertain business strategy

Forrester2017-01-12

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than a year

Pros

What makes Forrester an amazing place to work, and what keeps me passionate, engaged, and eager to return each day, is that Forrester has given me a new perspective on what work should be. At Forrester I am given the opportunity to learn from every angle of the business, which helps me succeed in my role, and provides a great platform for building out a career path in any direction here. When you ask a question, everyone...

Cons

There aren't many cons of note, some people complain about the location of the Cambridge office being at Alewife and the lack of near by lunch options, but the pro's heavily outweigh these things.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep investing in our culture, and keep working on coaching. We have been on the rise in these areas (among many others) since I've started with Forrester, and it has really made a positive difference! Keep it up!

Forrester2016-10-28

"Great place"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester

Pros

Always smart people, lots of things to learn, lots of challenges. And, the chance to really contribute. As an analyst, really see the results of one's efforts.

Cons

Effectively coordinating research efforts across many topics. Can be hard to keep up with everything.

Forrester2016-10-06