Forbes Marshall Employee Reviews about "work culture"

Updated May 16, 2020

Pros
Cons
  • "You have no cons being an intern in FM(in 9 reviews)

• "Bad working culture, very hectic work pressure, Low pay, slow growth(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "work culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Best Company"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Mumbai

I have been working at Forbes Marshall full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work culture. very ethical

Cons

Old school days way of working

2. "Product Manager"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Pune

I worked at Forbes Marshall full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Freedom to take decisions, Work Culture, Flexi Hours

Cons

More focus on PDPs needed

October 29, 2019Director -HR

Thank you for taking the time out to review Forbes Marshall. At Forbes Marshall, we pride ourselves on the informal culture that we create to make our members feel comfortable and take their own decisions. Family spirit, one of our core values, is something that we take very seriously and try to imbibe in every member that joins us. We take your feedback on the improved focus needed on personal development plans which helps each member in the organization to optimize their skills and move ahead in their career.

3. "Engineer"

Graduate Engineer Trainee in Pune

I worked at Forbes Marshall

Pros

Good work culture, Little work pressure.

Cons

KRA not clear, Promotion not justified.

September 25, 2019Director -HR

Thank you for taking out time to review Forbes Marshall. At Forbes Marshall, we pride ourselves on the informal culture that we create to make our members feel comfortable. Family spirit, one of our core values, is something that we take very seriously and try to imbibe in every that joins us. We hear you when you say that KRA and Promotion is not clear and justified, which is why we have recently initiated the Bebinca structure, which focusses solely on a member's deliverables based on his role as a measure of growth, irrespective of number of years of experience or relationship with anyone in the leadership level. We have received positive feedback for our members on this new structure and we do hope to refine it further.

"Great culture"

5.0

I worked at Forbes Marshall full-time

Pros

Forbes Marshall is one of the best companies that I have worked at in my professional career. The work culture of the company is warm and friendly and the Directors and Senior Management are very approachable. You have the freedom to chart your own course and forge your own career at Forbes Marshall and any new initiatives that you want to try will be met with a positive response.

Cons

Since it is a flat organisation, your growth is limited. Starting salaries are good, but subsequent increments are slightly below par.

Continue reading

July 26, 2019Director -HR

Thank you for taking the time out to review Forbes Marshall. We are extremely proud that you found Forbes Marshall as a great place to learn, as we strive to constantly challenge our members with various initiatives and projects. We also pride ourselves on the informal culture and environment that we create to make our members feel comfortable. We hear when you say that the growth is limited. We strongly believe that a flat structure facilitates better transparency and communication in any organization. Our culture which is appreciated by our members is one of the best outcomes of this philosophy.

5. "Company Rating"

I have been working at Forbes Marshall full-time

Pros

Good work culture. Good treatment for employees

Cons

Less salary. Promotions are very rare.

April 8, 2019Director -HR

Thank you for taking the time to review Forbes Marshall. We pride ourselves on the informal culture that we create to make our members feel comfortable. Family Spirit, one of our core values, is something that we take very seriously and try to imbibe in every member that joins us, and we are glad that you appreciate and recognise it. We hear you when you say that the salary is low, and assure you that our pay scales are one of the best in the industry and the perks and benefits we offer members are unparalleled in some areas. In order to ensure that only deserving members advance the corporate ladder, we have initiated the Bebinca structure, which focuses solely on a member’s job responsibility as a measure of growth, irrespective of the number of years of experience or relationship with the manager. We have also ensured that we do not follow the pyramidal structure with the new Bebinca layering, ensuring better opportunities for our members.

6. "Wonderful place to work and learn"

Former Employee - International Sales Executive in Pune

I worked at Forbes Marshall full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work culture, the amount of knowledge which one gets and the learning exposure is tremendously good. Leaves are also not a concern. Very friendly management and they are willing to hear even from people of junior most cadre. A home like company.

Cons

Low pay, slow growth, bureaucratic and SOP based approach, no customer centric approach, one easily gets into his comfort zone and leaves behind the professional attitude.

September 14, 2018Director -HR

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a detailed review about Forbes Marshall. At Forbes Marshall, we pride ourselves on the informal culture that we create to make our members feel comfortable. We are also happy that you find the management approachable, as we have consciously made an effort to ensure that everyone’s voice in the organisation is heard. For this, we have initiated MT Connect, a platform where any member in the organisation gets a chance to interact with the management team and express his/her grievances and appreciation. We are extremely proud that you found Forbes Marshall as a learning organisation, as we strive to constantly challenge our members with various initiatives and projects. We hear you when you say that the pay is low, and assure you that our pay scales are one of the best in the industry and the perks and benefits we offer members are unparalleled in some areas. We aim to give all our members opportunity to grow and prosper, which is why we have initiated the new Bebinca structure, which focusses solely on a member’s job responsibility as a measure of growth, irrespective of the number of years of experience. We hear you when you say that over the years one may get into his/her comfort zone, which is why we always strive to stay abreast of the latest developments and constantly evolve newer projects for our members. Our R&D team works around the clock to come up with new products and initiatives.

"Sr. Engineer projects"

I have been working at Forbes Marshall full-time

Pros

1. Best to learn. It has in house manufacturing of variety of industrial products you get theoretical as well as practical experience. 2. Best one to start the career. 3. Good work culture and supporting colleagues

Cons

1. Over the years one may go into his comfort zone.

July 4, 2018Director -HR

Thank you for taking the time to review Forbes Marshall. We are delighted that your experience here has been rewarding. We are extremely proud that you found Forbes Marshall a great place to learn, as we strive to constantly challenge our members with various initiatives and projects. We aim to give our interns and Graduate Trainees the maximum growth and best use of the time they are with us, and we are glad that you chose Forbes Marshall to start your career with. Our work culture is something that almost all our members appreciate about the organisation. We try to create an informal culture to make our members feel comfortable. Family Spirit, one of our core values, is something that we take very seriously and try to imbibe in every member that joins us. This Family Spirit leads to the management and colleagues being supportive and accessible. We hear you when you say that over the years one may get into his/her comfort zone, which is why we always strive to stay abreast of the latest developments and constantly evolve newer projects for our members. Our R&D team works around the clock to come up with new products and initiatives.

8. "Manufacturing engineer"

Former Employee - Manufacturing in Pune

I worked at Forbes Marshall full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good compensation. Free work culture. open door systems.

Cons

work hours over 60 per week. forget about weekends. stressful work environment.

Continue reading

May 30, 2018Director -HR

Thank you for taking the time to review Forbes Marshall. At Forbes Marshall, we pride ourselves on the informal culture that we create to make our members feel comfortable. Family Spirit, one of our core values, is something that we take very seriously and try to imbibe in every member that joins us. Our pay scales are one of the best in the industry and the perks and benefits we offer members are unparalleled in some areas, and we are glad you acknowledge and appreciate that. We are sorry to hear that you find the work environment stressful. We have a five-day week for support functions and a six-day week for members on the shop floor. We were one of the first organisations to introduce Flexi-Timing in India, as early as in the early 90s, which gives members the flexibility to come to work at any time convenient to them, provided it is within the core timings of 9.00 AM to 3.30 PM. We have also reduced the work timing for members working at Chakan by 30 minutes, keeping in mind the long commute they have to undertake. Nonetheless, we shall look into the issue and try to ensure that members get to spend more quality time with their families.

9. "Good company"

I worked at Forbes Marshall full-time

Pros

Good Working culture, Scope of development, Supportive management and union.

Cons

Nothing major. Industry depends on new projects.

May 30, 2018Director -HR

Thank you for taking the time out to review Forbes Marshall. At Forbes Marshall, we pride ourselves on the informal culture that we create to make our members feel comfortable. Family Spirit, one of our core values, is something that we take very seriously and try to imbibe in every member that joins us. We are glad that you find the management supportive. It is our endeavour to ensure that the senior leadership team is accessible to each and every member of Forbes Marshall. We hear you when you say that the industry depends on new projects, and while that is out of our control, we do try to stay abreast of the latest developments and constantly evolve newer projects for our members. Our R&D team works around the clock to come up with new products and initiatives.

10. "General Manager Operations"

5.0

I worked at Forbes Marshall full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Working culture, Scope of development, Supportive management and union.

Cons

Industry depends on new projects. Always up down on sales side.

Found 21 reviews