Flipp Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Dec 9, 2020

Found 20 of over 271 reviews

4.1
Flipp Chief Consumer Officer Michael Silverman
Michael Silverman
Pros
  • "You can work from home for the entire term(in 23 reviews)

• "Team - there are really great people here(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-Life balance is non-existent(in 17 reviews)

• "Each mistake or new product that didn't do as well as expected means senior management will yell at employees accusing them of under-performing(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company, Great People

Dec 9, 2020 - Support
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flipp's culture is one where you are constantly learning and growing, while being surrounded by great people. The team really believes in the company's mission. Since we've been remote, the culture has stayed true and strong, and is still a great place to wake up and work for.

Cons

None are coming to mind!

6 people found this review helpful
    2. 4.0

Aug 3, 2020 - Project Coordinator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, decent compensation, flexible WFH policy, Friday lunches.

Cons

Very high-school like environment and attitude with cliques present even in the highest levels of departments.

12 people found this review helpful

180 Comments

Tech

33.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Flipp~970799
      Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Grateful to be learning every day

Jun 24, 2020 - Partner Account Lead in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

First-time reviewer - I've been at Flipp for 3 years and am looking forward to many more. I'm grateful to be learning new things every day, being trusted as a business owner, and taking on challenges that may have taken many more years to reach in other organizations. Great people, amazing opportunities, tough work, autonomy to make meaningful and important decisions, and a keen focus on goals, competencies, and growth.

Cons

Nothing to note. Just know that this is a demanding industry and that you get out what you put into it. There is a ton of opportunity, amazing people, and great rewards, but expect a steep learning curve if you are not well-versed in both digital media and retail.

10 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Great team and culture!

May 6, 2020 - Anonymous in Etobicoke, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team - there are really great people here. I continue to learn from the people around me every day. The atmosphere is fun and people genuinely look after each other Challenging work - the retail space is going through a lot of change right now. Flipp is working hard to support our stakeholders through the change Transparency - there has been an increased focus on communication within the organization, which has really helped drive clarity on the team Momentum - there have been a lot of positive changes over the past year including an increased focus on discipline. These changes are improving how we work as organization and driving better planning and alignment

Cons

Lots of change - our industry is changing rapidly so we need to be able to be nimble to manage through that change. That said, it also means there is a lot of opportunity out there for us

12 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

You can do better.

May 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I grew immensely, as a person and as a technology worker, in my time at Flipp. I worked with some really great people, and I made many friends for life. I had many opportunities to try different things, and I learned a lot, including the kind of work I want to do and the kind of company I want to work for. At one time I was paid quite well, too. Despite the fact that it was an incredibly challenging place to work, and even though I do not generally recommend Flipp as an employer, it was nevertheless an incredibly rewarding experience for me.

Cons

You really could do better. That's my message to Flipp and to anyone considering working there. It is just like most other companies/startups. They say they're different but they're not. And honestly, that's fine! Just please know what you're getting into, and try to find out what your team is actually like before you join it (former employees are a great resource for this). There really are some great people, teams, and leaders at Flipp. But you'll still encounter savvy operators who get promoted constantly and whose bosses love them, but who you'll hate to work with; large jargon-heavy teams that work hard to deliver nothing; jobs that are extremely important to Flipp but worthless to your future career prospects; leaders who work only in the interests of themselves and the employees they've promoted and groomed in their own images; cult-like all-hands meetings consisting mostly of recent graduates who think free snacks are "a great culture" doing jumping jacks together. And all of that's fine, I guess. It happens everywhere. Most workplaces are dysfunctional, most executives are hypocritical, most companies struggle. But when Flipp says it’s different, it’s really not. If you’re talented and ambitious, I think you could probably do better.

10 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A lot of changing, shifting... wild ride

Nov 22, 2019 - Creative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people work here. They are awesome and direct team members are supportive, easy to communicate with, always hands on deck team-attitude (this is true of 90% of teams at Flipp). Great benefits, decent payroll standards, used to have VERY fun summer and winter trips to Muskoka/Blue Mountain etc... awesome events planned out throughout the years. Very flexible in terms of Work From Home policies.

Cons

Where do I even start... A lot of things have been shifting for a while now. There is no priority set on certain teams right now, and lots of false hope is instilled in us in terms of vision and future opportunities of growth for most. Be cautious of this company - management pivots and changes their mind way too often, there is lots of miscommunication amongst management and different departments. There was a recent mass lay-off in the company, and people are waking up to just how much has changed in such a little amount of time. For people that have been here for a long time, it is a bit disappointing, but priorities are changing and you have to keep up or else this isn't for you.

16 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 25, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great company culture, great people - interesting and exciting work - opportunities for growth and development - competitive salary and excellent benefits

Cons

- while not a startup anymore, they are still developing and refining their long term plan in a changing marketplace

17 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Intern

Data Scientist

Sep 23, 2017 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

A welcoming atmosphere filled with great people

Cons

Can't really think of any!

11 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Senior Management is Stuck

Nov 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people - Great environment - Awesome office

Cons

- CEO is all over the place, and will without a doubt, at some point, yell at you at the top of his lungs because he doesn't understand something. - Execs are in roles that have outgrown their skillset - Dev team focus is constantly shifted - Agile doesn't live at Flipp. Agile is about iterating naturally - NOT about having an end goal in mind and then estimating how many "sprints" to get there. LOL.

32 people found this review helpful
    11. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company to work at

Aug 24, 2017 - Data Scientist in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people, great environment, lots of perks and snacks, free metropass, amazing health and dental plan options

Cons

A little far to downtown Toronto.

18 people found this review helpful