Flight Centre Travel Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Mar 30, 2020

3.4
Flight Centre Travel Group CEO Graham "Skroo" Turner
Graham "Skroo" Turner
Pros
  • "Unlimited annual leave, lots of travel, work hard play hard(in 60 reviews)

• "Awesome travel perks, great work/life balance(in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be long hours/days and its a reap what you sow situation so not so great for when you need extended leave like holidays etc(in 162 reviews)

• "Work life/balance can be difficult to manage(in 133 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Work hard play hard, lots of 'play' time takes away family time"

5.0
    Current Employee - International Travel Consultant

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing growth opportunities. Shops everywhere with opportunity to build your own business within a business. Some opportunity to earn decent pay cheques if you're committed and dedicated. Share plan and vacation time allowance is great. With lots of incentives and opportunity for travel. Amazing management support and tons of help everywhere you look. Great on going training too.

Cons

Retail and mall hours. Very poor medical and dental coverage. A lot of social events. Taking away from personal and family time. On top of mall hours. Making work life balance very difficult.

Continue reading
  2. "Great People & Perks"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

Awesome perks, great people, lots of opportunities to travel!

Cons

Work life/balance can be difficult to manage.

March 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience working at Flight Centre. It was a pleasure to have you, and we hope that our paths may cross again sometime soon!

3. "flight centre"

Current Employee - Senior Travel Manager

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

money is good if you get lucky with a busy store

Cons

long hours, no work/life balance. hard to earn high numbers and super high earners are rare.

4. "Thank you NEXT"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are a well above average sales person, this has potential They check on your health yearly with their Healthwise program

Cons

Low pay, no work life balance, they promote free drinks at their events as a huge benefit rather than spending money to increase the base pay, have to be really tech savvy to make this work

September 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience working with us. It's true that the role as a travel consultant with Flight Centre is a sales and target driven role with performance based pay. It's not something that everyone will enjoy, however if you enjoy working toward goals and a pay structure that grows as you grow, you'll enjoy it here. Travel Consultants work on a 40 hour roster which, if in a retail store, usually includes late night trading and a rotation of weekends. There is no requirement for our staff to work anything more than reasonable additional time like other workplaces, however because earning potential is uncapped, many choose to work longer than their rostered hours in order to finalise more business, be even more successful and earn more commission. All staff have access to free health and wellness consultations, discounted (free in some locations) gym memberships, free counselling sessions and financial planning. As at July, 2019, guaranteed minimum earnings for a first year consultant with no prior experience is $41,118 per year. This can increase up to $48,897 for a qualified and experienced consultant. Penalty rates for weekends and evening work are paid in addition to these amounts as well as employee commission payments which operate on a scale from 10% to 35% of the total monthly company commission that you achieve.

5. "Consultant"

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

Perks Coworkers Vacation time Staff appreciation Incentives

Cons

Salary Work life balance Hours Sales targets Training

May 21, 2019Recruitment Leader

Thank you for sharing your experience of working for Flight Centre. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. As with all current employee reviews, we will take on board your constructive feedback.

6. "FCTG Canada"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome travel perks company culture commission if you've established a great client base.

Cons

Work life balance Coolaid effect if you don't follow it salary (if you're in a slower area) Certain people put into management roles that shouldn't be in them.

7. "Travel Consultant"

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

Great culture, perks and learning opportunities

Cons

poor work life balance

July 8, 2019Marketing Manager - People & Culture

8. "Needs Major improvement"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great training! fun environment if you are young and have no young family of your own

Cons

No work life balance, very long hours and unrealistic sales goals. You are only as good as your last month.

9. "Travel consultant"

1.0

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities, great way to learn about travel industry.

Cons

No work life balance, awful pay.

10. "Travel Manager"

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

-Social company culture - a great way to meet new people -Travel opportunities (fam trips) -Uncapped commissions -Opportunities for some internal movement (business travel, manager, assistant manager)

Cons

-Poor booking systems with frequent crashes and delays -Unpaid overtime (trainings, events, as well as staying with clients) -Poor work life balance (expectation to give clients your cell phone) -Burn out -Uncompetitive product

November 20, 2018Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience working with us. Travel Consultants work on a 40 hour roster which, if in a retail store, usually includes late night trading and a rotation of weekends. There is no requirement for our staff to work anything more than reasonable additional time like other workplaces, however because earning potential is uncapped, many choose to work longer than their rostered hours in order to finalise more business, be even more successful and earn more commission. Buzz Nights' are optional to attend and are held once per month as a platform for celebrating monthly results, welcoming new team members and sharing updates across departments. We believe they are far more fun and interactive than receiving boring newsletter. The events are also a chance to hear what's happening in the business and connect with others who you might not normally get time to spend time with.

Found 133 reviews