Flight Centre Travel Group Employee Reviews about "work hard play"

Updated Dec 3, 2019

3.4
Flight Centre Travel Group CEO Graham "Skroo" Turner
Graham "Skroo" Turner
Pros
  • "Unlimited annual leave, lots of travel, work hard play hard(in 60 reviews)

• "Employee benefits ranging from health and wellbeing support to financial advice and travel perks(in 56 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work hard play"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Travel Agent

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good commission plenty opportunity to move forward lots of great incentives good rewards for hard work

Cons

Low base pay tough slow months

November 19, 2018Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your experience of working for Flight Centre. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. As with all current employee reviews, we will take on board your constructive feedback.

2. "Low pay but fun"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun place to work. Will be rewarded for hard work. Opportunity to travel

Cons

To focused on numbers. Targets hard to achieve. Low pay unless you sell a crazy amount

3. "Assistant Manager"

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

Awesome Travel Benefits Company cares about their employees and rewards hard work well

Cons

Work Life Balance is minimal especially when pressured to reach sales targets to earn decent money Old Technology in offices still being used

Continue reading
  4. "Don’t value their people anymore"

Former Employee - Travel Consultant

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some amazing, fun people and experiences to be had. Be rewarded for hard work. Incentive trips and travel discounts are a good perk.

Cons

Low pay, party culture, long hours without compensation. You’re encouraged to work 8:30-6 without overtime pay to get through more sales and earn more commission. You work your butt off to be able to earn more than the base wage and have no life outside of work to spend that money on anyway.

Continue reading
  5. "KEEP AN EYE ON MANAGEMENT"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Brisbane
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Great Work Hard Play Hard atmosphere if your young (or young at heart)! Only worth it if you’ve already got sales experience & know how to do it already as there isn’t much sales skill training.

Cons

Management. The only thing I could fault. I made a number of complaints, concerns about things happening to me in that office and all went ignored.

6. "Consultant"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

Potential to earn a lot however would require a lot of hard work and overtime.

Cons

Treated like your own business so you never really get a 'day off' to switch off. Base pay is too low and commission structure is confusing.

November 17, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. The Travel Consultant role at Flight Centre is indeed a sales and target driven position with performance-based pay. There is no requirement for our staff to work anything more than reasonable additional time, however, because earning potential is uncapped, many choose to work a bit longer to finalise more business, earn more commission and be even more successful. Have a chat with your team leader! The ongoing coaching and support we offer to our staff can help you create a better working experience.

7. "Work Hard, Play Harder"

4.0
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rockingham

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If your a natural sales person who enjoys fast paced and competitive workplaces then this is your perfect job. Its hard work and at times extremely long hours but if you put in the effort the incentives are incredible. Weekly in store drinks, monthly awards nights with meals and drinks, annual balls and global awards..... and the opportunity to travel the world!

Cons

Base Salary is minimal. Commission structure is harsh so a slow month you wouldn't make enough to pay the mortgage but a great month can bring home 10k easy

September 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to give a balanced review of your experience working at Flight Centre. We wish you the best with your future and hope that our paths may cross again some time.

8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst Programmer in New Malden, England
    No Opinion of CEO

Pros

- Brilliant people - Work hard, play hard environment - Challenging work with each day being different

Cons

- Egalitarianism undervalues work in regards to promotions - Misunderstandings between team members and leaders

September 2, 2019Recruitment Marketer

Thank you for your review of working as a Senior Analyst Programmer in our head office. Do reach out to the HR or careers team for any issues or concerns regarding any misunderstandings that we can help you with.

9. "A Company that gives you great learning Autonomy & Expierinces"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Sydney

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Constant Recognition, Great Pay Rewarding Most Hard Work, Amazing Trips, Great Party's and of course the yearly Global for Top Achievers

Cons

Need to be flexible with working hours

August 26, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience working with us.

10. "Flexible Committed Company"

Current Employee - Senior Travel Consultant in Cardiff

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible hours Work Hard Play Hard Strong work ethic Social company Lifelong friendships Travel opportunities

Cons

Average pay when you’re first starting out. Challenges of work life balance and can be stressful at times

August 26, 2019