Flight Centre Travel Group Employee Reviews about "travel perks"

Updated Nov 28, 2019

3.4
Flight Centre Travel Group CEO Graham "Skroo" Turner
Graham "Skroo" Turner
Pros
  • "Unlimited annual leave, lots of travel, work hard play hard(in 60 reviews)

• "Employee benefits ranging from health and wellbeing support to financial advice and travel perks(in 56 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "travel perks"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Learning and Development Specialist

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome travel perks, great work/life balance!

Cons

None! This is a great place to work!

September 30, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience of working for Flight Centre. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. As with all current employee reviews, we will take on board your constructive feedback.

2. "great opportunities"

4.0
    Current Employee - Travel Consultant
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

benefits, growth opportunities, travel perks,

Cons

salary, technology, training, bonuses.

November 18, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience of working for Flight Centre. As with all current employee reviews, we will take on board your constructive feedback.

3. "Great travel perks, long hours, subpar pay"

Former Employee - International Travel Consultant

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

free travel perks lots of vacation time

Cons

pay hours not much room to move up unless you are friends with management

September 30, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience working with us. Flight Centre Travel Group has around 40 brands across 90 countries, meaning there are countless opportunities for our people to progress as their wants and needs change through life. We like to think that there is never a reason to leave the business as there is always an opportunity ahead of you within the Group. We're saddened to hear that you felt there was no future for you with us and thank you for sharing your feedback.

4. "Standard Employer"

Current Employee - International Travel Consultant in Toronto, ON

Pros

Flexible Work Schedule Great Experience Learn a lot about the industry Travel perks Lots of vacation time

Cons

Very low salary Commission amounts varies heavily based on store location Lots of expectations and responsibilities for the wage provided Disorganized company structure and flow of information

5. "Experience builder"

Former Employee - Travel Agent

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Travel perks with colleagues Growth potential

Cons

Long hour Very low wages High school mentality

July 8, 2019Marketing Manager - People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to give a balanced review of your experience working at Flight Centre. We wish you the best with your future and hope that our paths may cross again some time.

"Not a good job if you have a conscience"

2.0
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Big on team spirit, lots of support from staff and higher up when needed. There are travel perks if you work hard for it.

Cons

Flight Centre makes it's money from ripping off customers, and this is (of course) not something you are told during the 3 weeks of training. Once you are in the store and working, you start to find out how things work. It's called 'marking up' when selling someone a flight or travel experience. There are no guidelines, my management would tell me 'just throw out a random number and see how they take it'. Profit margins on most things are very small, so in order to meet your commission target each month (the way to actually make money and more than the low base salary) is to be doing this. It feels so disgusting and I couldn't live with myself doing it.

7. "FCTG Canada"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome travel perks company culture commission if you've established a great client base.

Cons

Work life balance Coolaid effect if you don't follow it salary (if you're in a slower area) Certain people put into management roles that shouldn't be in them.

8. "Selling your soul."

2.0
    Former Employee - International Travel Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Travel perks (FAM) -Benefits -Career opportunities and growth

Cons

-When you first start, there is a lot to know and mistakes are costly ( literally) -Working long hours with a low salary -Sitting at a desk all day -Inconsistency of expectations -Micromanaging -Marking up clients constantly because commission from suppliers are way too low. Unless you're selling business class every day to everyone, than goodluck with not marking up. And if you get caught, you have to come up with excuses for the 'extra amounts' -Damage control- if something goes wrong there goes half of your day trying to resolve it and being put 'on hold'.

Continue reading

"Not a good place to work"

1.0
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Toronto, ON

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Travel perks - Good training program

Cons

- The base salary too low considering the skills required to do this job effectively. It is no wonder they attract such low talent and have such high turnover. Base salary is not adjusted on where you reside, it is obscenely low if you live in Toronto or Vancouver where the cost of living is very high. - The commission structure was flawed. Even when you hit your targets you don't get compensated well. You need to surpass them greatly to make a decent cut. You also need to work tons of unpaid overtime to hit those targets - Unless you want to be stuck on a travel tour or stuck in the same location for 3-7 days at an all-inclusive, the travel perks are negligible. - Forced team events. Attendance at after hours company events were mandatory which was brutal. The last thing you want to do after a 10+ hr day booking travel is be forced to attend a monthly get together for your area and re-hash everything from the past month. - Ineffective booking systems. You would think that a company who books vacations would have best in class systems for doing the job. WRONG. Often times it was better to use websites (i.e. Google Flights) to find the best price for a ticket and then matching it up in the FC system. Quoting a client was an unbelievably tedious process that took up wayyyyy too much time. Everything was ineffective. There were so many glitches that led to incorrect bookings.

"Lies"

1.0

I worked at Flight Centre Travel Group full-time

Pros

There are no good reasons to work here. Travel perks do not exist any longer in this industry.

Cons

It is basically a cult. PTSD when you finally escape.

November 19, 2018Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience working with us. We believe we have a very strong and positive culture, which is generally celebrated and has in fact led to us winning a number of awards. Many of these awards are based on employee feedback. We do accept that Flight Centre is not for everyone and we are sorry that you did not have the positive experience that we endeavour to provide for all our employees.

Found 56 reviews