Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Reviews
74% would recommend to a friend
(681 total reviews)
77% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great People and Interesting work." (in 63 reviews)
- "Great benefits working for the federal government" (in 49 reviews)
- "Hours long and good pay" (in 26 reviews)
- "Great opportunities and many different specialities to choose from so you will always have challanges" (in 18 reviews)
- "workers, lots of room for advancement, excellent benefits, job security, steady pay increases." (in 16 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and is not affected by filters.
Found 681 of over 790 reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Dec 5, 2023Personnel Security SpecialistCurrent Employee
Wide range of job positions Ability to change roles if you get burnt out Sense of accomplishment in even the smallest roles
No remote options Not good training opportunities for non-agents
- 5.0Nov 16, 2023Management AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsWashington, DC
Diverse career opportunities and great advancement opportunities.
Earning power in the field office not as lucrative as in the DC area.
- 5.0Oct 27, 2023Unit ChiefCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsQuantico, VA
Working at the FBI provides a rewarding career, where you feel that you're making a positive contribution every day. Pay is decent, benefits are excellent, and the environment/culture is overall healthy and allows a good balance for personal life.
High turnover rate with executive management. Can be stressful and demanding at times.
- 5.0Oct 20, 2023Unit ChiefCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsWashington, DC
If you are willing to work hard you can enjoy great pride in the work you do...
As new Special Agent you have little/no say in where you work or the kinds of cases you are assigned to investigate.
- 5.0Oct 5, 2023GS-14 Supervisory Special AgentFormer EmployeeFredericksburg, VA
This was the best career in the USA
Poor process for choosing which senior managers to promote. The best leaders generally avoid moving up in the agency.2
- 5.0Sept 20, 2023Special AgentCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSalt Lake City, UT
Be able to make a positive difference in your community.
You become a public figure.2
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Reviews FAQs
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 790 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
74% of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.