Facebook "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Facebook Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Mar 30, 2020

4.3
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg
3,189 Ratings
Pros
  • "I mean free food tastes so much better than non-(in 356 reviews)

• "Surrounded by really smart people(in 282 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance can be challenging depending on your team(in 376 reviews)

• "No cons that I can think of at this time(in 80 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Client Solutions Manager"

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Culture, Experience, Learning, People, Compensation

Cons

Work life balance could be better

Facebook2019-03-26
  2. "Best company to work for"

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Hands down, it’s the best company to work for.

Cons

Work life balance is not great

Facebook2018-08-09
  3. "Fb Intern in winter"

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Amazing benefits, great work life balance, treated me like a full time, really helped in my development

Cons

Honestly, no real cons to talk about, perhaps that the opportunity to get a full time isnt really present

Facebook2016-09-13
  4. "Facebook"

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Awesome benefits and great culture

Cons

Work/Life balance can sometimes be a bit lacking

Facebook2016-03-15

"Fantastic"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Compensation, you will be compensated fairly well but don't expect to be super rich * Impactful, with Facebook serving 1.23 billion people, a simple change you make can either reach millions of people or improve Facebook's efficiency greatly * Relaxing work environment, while there are deadlines to be met, its how you reach those deadlines that matter. Work life balance is easy.

Cons

* To get the main benefit, work in HQ, I've worked in other offices and felt I never got the same treatment * Big company, Facebook isn't as small as it used to be, so if you want to be heard. Make sure to make some noise

Facebook2014-03-03

"Amazing Culture"

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Everyone is relied upon and valued. They expect you to be the best, which also evokes the best from you.

Cons

Even though they preach about having work-life balance, it is very difficult to with the amount of work needed. However, this applies to all companies that aim to run as efficiently as Facebook does.

Facebook2013-02-07

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Facebook2017-02-17

Facebook Response

April 17, 2017Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to your HR Business Partner.

"No Place I'd Rather Be"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Challenging work where you live & grow - Teammates who are driven, intelligent, and fun who also pushes you to achieve more -Mission oriented company that lives out community building as much internally as externally -Competitive compensation

Cons

- FB is a flat organization so it's more difficult to get promoted (changing roles is much easier) - Work-life balance can be challenging depending on your team - Sometimes, people have too much of a sense of privilege (similar to most Tech companies)

Facebook2020-03-26
  9. "Great culture and impact opportunities"

Current Employee - Analytics Manager

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

FB has some of the best people working on solving extremely complex problems that impact everyone around the world. Having the opportunity to be a part of that is incredible. You get great mentors, interesting projects, amazing offices and perks, and a performance culture that can really help you improve your skills.

Cons

Working for a global company can be challenging in terms of work-life balance. There are at any given time of the day thousands of people working, and that can create a need to be online and contribute.

Facebook2020-03-30
  10. "You're needed here"

Current Employee - Product Designer

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Lots of opportunities to make an impact here. Tools that you can improve. Features you can build. You come up with a plan and get others on board. People listen and you can build that thing! - The people I've met here are some of the brightest and kindest people I've met in the whole industry. Interviewing was like talking to friends. - You will feel challenged and have lots of runway to grow. - The internal tools you'll use are way better than most company's tools or even many commercially-available tools. - The perks speak for themselves. I mean free food tastes so much better than non-free food. - The pay is some of the best in the industry - The team I'm on has great work life balance (it's ALL about the team you choose)

Cons

- It seems this company skews a little younger. So some perks and company nuances you might not care about as much like free laundry (no thanks, I'll do my own) and dinner served around 6pm (no thanks, I'll have dinner with my family at home). - Compared to other big tech, you'll see there's more emphasis on you actually working from the office (but many work 1 day per week from home). COVID-19 might change this. Since that, we've been working from home for an extended period. -

Facebook2020-03-30