Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.3
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg
2,358 Ratings
Pros
  • "culture, free food, transparency respect(in 302 reviews)

• "Working with really smart people(in 251 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great company to intern at"

Former Employee - Production Engineer Co-op

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

free food, free housing, lots of flexibility with intern projects

Cons

can be stressful at times if you are trying to get a returning full-time offer

Facebook2019-08-12
  2. "Nice working place"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Nice working place in general.

Cons

Very intensive place. A lot of pressure

Facebook2019-09-16
  3. "Fun job great people to work around"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun job, great people to work with

Cons

Tough managers who expect overtime quite regularly

Advice to Management

N/A

Facebook2019-08-08
  4. "Recruiter"

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

- Amazing ATS - Great benefits and food

Cons

- Long hiring process - Can be chaotic, but not necessary a bad thing

Facebook2019-04-24
  5. "Analyst"

I worked at Facebook part-time

Pros

Amazing working life balance is all

Cons

somethings are just too stressful

Advice to Management

More leadership

Facebook2019-04-06
  6. "Great culture, but it can political"

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

Pay, great culture, free food

Cons

Bureaucratic, limited leadership in management team

Facebook2019-04-02
  7. "Client Solutions Manager"

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Culture, Experience, Learning, People, Compensation

Cons

Work life balance could be better

Facebook2019-03-26

"Client Partner - Financial Services Better than I could have possibly imagined."

Current Employee - Client Partner in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

Instead of completing a formal review, I’ll share a post I made to celebrate my 1 year anniversary since joining Facebook. —- Today marks my first year at Facebook. We call it a Faceversary. And, while celebrating your work anniversary might seem a bit frivolous (or at least I thought so early on), I quickly learned to appreciate the FB tradition that’s built around these Faceversaries. It’s valuable to reflect on... all that happens in a year at work, considering how much energy, time, and effort we put into it. When you make it to your 10-year milestone (my count down starts now), you get the opportunity to join Mark Zuckerberg, Sheryl Sandberg, and others on the management team to tell a 10-year Faceversary story to the entire company. Those are always funny or emotional, or both. So, what can I share after my first year here? TL;DR: Work with and learn from the very best people. Drinking from the firehose and learning a ton. Autonomy, authority and support. World-class benefits. Open culture to the bones. An inside look at how serious everyone is about minimizing the bad and building more of the good. Five core values in action. Pretty darn happy. I get the pleasure to work with incredible, impressive, and talented people daily. Both within the walls of Facebook, but also with clients and partners who are working on some unbelievable things. My pod and my core team are just legendary. This isn’t lip service. I really get to work with and learn from the very best. I’ve learnt SO MUCH. About digital advertising and marketing. About financial services. About media. About other industry verticals I previously knew nothing about. About navigating complex circumstances. About working for a company that’s constantly in the spotlight. About digging deeper to really understand. About cross-functional collaboration. About partnerships. About technology. And much more. Internally, they say every day at Facebook is equivalent to a week. I now know why. I have the autonomy, authority, and support I need to be successful and run my marketing consulting business the way I see fit. Further, I get to shape and influence how businesses engage, nurture, and build new relationships with people. I have access to incredible benefits that I’m astonished by daily and so grateful for. In fact, I’m writing this post while on paid paternity leave to spend time with my family and our new addition, Logan. Facebook fosters an open culture that is like nothing I’ve ever seen before. Mark hosts a weekly company-wide Q&A where he addresses thoughtful and difficult questions about a wide-range of issues and opportunities. Everyone, from Interns to tenured employees, are welcome to ask anything and they don’t face judgement or criticism for raising difficult topics. On our internal Workplace (Facebook for Work), I can join and learn about a whole host of interesting projects, regardless of whether I’m involved in them. I’ve learnt a lot about both the harmful ways and the incredibly positive ways Facebook can be used. I get a firsthand look at how serious everyone is about minimizing the bad and building more of the good. There are 5 core values that guide how we work at Facebook. And I see them in practice regularly. Build social value. Move fast. Be bold. Be open. Focus on impact. I’ve always been fortunate in my career. I’ve worked on amazing teams, on fascinating projects, with inspiring mentors and leaders. Facebook has been a continuation of that for me. But, I must say, I’ve never been this happy. So, here’s to one amazing year and the many more to follow!

Cons

The bar has been set so high for any future employer to be within my consideration set. I’m truly spoiled.

Facebook2018-09-19
  9. "Good"

I worked at Facebook

Pros

Yes very good opportunities, good

Cons

No none, none I can remember

Facebook2018-10-09
  10. "Best company to work for"

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Hands down, it’s the best company to work for.

Cons

Work life balance is not great

Facebook2018-08-09