Facebook Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Mark Zuckerberg
2,020 Ratings

2,524 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work-life balance (this depends on teams)" (in 95 reviews)

• "Amazing benefits for Full Time Employees including free food, stipends for gym memberships & free dry cleaning" (in 261 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some teams have poor work life balance" (in 289 reviews)

• "Expect to Work Hard in line with the Move Fast mantra that pervades the company ethos" (in 67 reviews)

1. "Good"

Pros

Yes very good opportunities, good

Cons

No none, none I can remember

2. "Client Partner - Financial Services Better than I could have possibly imagined."

Current Employee - Client Partner in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Client Partner in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Instead of completing a formal review, I’ll share a post I made to celebrate my 1 year anniversary since joining Facebook.
    —-

Today marks my first year at Facebook. We call it a Faceversary. And, while celebrating your work
    anniversary might seem a bit frivolous (or at least I thought so early on), I quickly learned to appreciate the FB tradition that’s built around these Faceversaries. It’s valuable to reflect on all that happens in a year at work, considering how much energy, time, and effort we put into it.

When you make it to your 10-year milestone (my count down starts now), you get the opportunity to join Mark Zuckerberg, Sheryl Sandberg, and others on the management team to tell a 10-year Faceversary story to the entire company. Those are always funny or emotional, or both.

So, what can I share after my first year here?

TL;DR: Work with and learn from the very best people. Drinking from the firehose and learning a ton. Autonomy, authority and support. World-class benefits. Open culture to the bones. An inside look at how serious everyone is about minimizing the bad and building more of the good. Five core values in action. Pretty darn happy.

I get the pleasure to work with incredible, impressive, and talented people daily. Both within the walls of Facebook, but also with clients and partners who are working on some unbelievable things. My pod and my core team are just legendary. This isn’t lip service. I really get to work with and learn from the very best.

I’ve learnt SO MUCH. About digital advertising and marketing. About financial services. About media. About other industry verticals I previously knew nothing about. About navigating complex circumstances. About working for a company that’s constantly in the spotlight. About digging deeper to really understand. About cross-functional collaboration. About partnerships. About technology. And much more. Internally, they say every day at Facebook is equivalent to a week. I now know why.

I have the autonomy, authority, and support I need to be successful and run my marketing consulting business the way I see fit. Further, I get to shape and influence how businesses engage, nurture, and build new relationships with people.

I have access to incredible benefits that I’m astonished by daily and so grateful for. In fact, I’m writing this post while on paid paternity leave to spend time with my family and our new addition, Logan.

Facebook fosters an open culture that is like nothing I’ve ever seen before. Mark hosts a weekly company-wide Q&A where he addresses thoughtful and difficult questions about a wide-range of issues and opportunities. Everyone, from Interns to tenured employees, are welcome to ask anything and they don’t face judgement or criticism for raising difficult topics. On our internal Workplace (Facebook for Work), I can join and learn about a whole host of interesting projects, regardless of whether I’m involved in them.

I’ve learnt a lot about both the harmful ways and the incredibly positive ways Facebook can be used. I get a firsthand look at how serious everyone is about minimizing the bad and building more of the good.

There are 5 core values that guide how we work at Facebook. And I see them in practice regularly. Build social value. Move fast. Be bold. Be open. Focus on impact.

I’ve always been fortunate in my career. I’ve worked on amazing teams, on fascinating projects, with inspiring mentors and leaders. Facebook has been a continuation of that for me. But, I must say, I’ve never been this happy.

So, here’s to one amazing year and the many more to follow!

Cons

The bar has been set so high for any future employer to be within my consideration set. I’m truly spoiled.

3. "Best company to work for"

Pros

Hands down, it’s the best company to work for.

Cons

Work life balance is not great

4. "Open and connected culture"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flat working environment, smart and caring colleagues, they take good care of their employees

Cons

aggressive goals and difficult to balance life and work.

5. "Amazing place to work at"

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

title, money, reputation prestige and amazing projects

Cons

too many smart people can be intimidating

6. "Jr designer"

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

Great culture, good energy

Cons

Too busy! Overwhelming load, was not suitable for Jr designer r

7. "Client Solution Manager"

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

- best in class career training to help you advance
    - amazing company culture, efficient, respectful, one of the best employer in the world
    - really good benefits and perks
    - kind, amazing teammates that you can learn a lot from them

Cons

become a bit political after its massive expansion, some of the people that this company hire which some of the colleagues agree that they dont deserve to be here

Advice to Management

be more careful when hiring, make sure the person you hire truly has what it take to be in this company, instead of taking all the benefits Facebook brings and contribute nothing.

8. "Full Stack Developer"

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- great comp
    - free lunch

Cons

- can be demanding at times

"A total disillusionment"

I worked at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Teammates
    - Perks
    - Salary

Cons

- Incompetent management
    - Office culture which is way too political
    - Incompetent HR who are unable to protect employees from management
    - Being forced to become a Yes person
    - Work-life balance

Advice to Management

Stop the fake-ness and treat your employees more like humans and less like robots

10. "Fun place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Facebook full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of autonomy, lots of career progression opportunity, freedom to think, great management team

Cons

Getting large quickly and beginning to feel big. Negative press cycles take a toll on employee morale.

Showing 2,524 of 3,173 reviews