Equity Trust Company Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Aug 14, 2020

3.7
Equity Trust Company CEO George Sullivan
George Sullivan
Pros
  • "The company has experienced a lot of growth lately and recently moved into a new building(in 15 reviews)

• "They actively promote work life balance(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management would not work with your schedule if you had school to attend(in 7 reviews)

• "Little to no communication between departments(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Family Oriented!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture of appreciation and fun, work-life balance, supportive management, client-centered focus, on-site amenities, opportunities for internal movement and advancement.

Cons

Outdated and sluggish processing system, communication between departments often lacking.

2. "Great Company with Amazing people"

Former Employee - Investment Liaison

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great people from top to bottom - They actively promote work life balance - The work environment is supportive and collaborative - Great training that has you prepared for your job - The management team is excellent

Cons

- - Company growth can cause some growing pains in terms of process changes and focus

Continue reading

3. "Challenging Work and Fantastic Work-Life Balance!"

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The projects I have the opportunity to work on are challenging and impact the entire organization so I feel like I am making a difference every day. The work-life balance is really great too with amenities such as free massages, onsite gym, flexible summer hours and more. Most of the people who work here are passionate about their jobs and truly care about the company and its success. I hope to stay and grow for years to come!

Cons

As with any workplace, there is sometimes "red tape" that can get in the way of moving forward with things as quickly as I may want; however, I feel that my opinions are always heard and strongly considered, and a compromise is always reached.

"Pretty Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Management is really flexible with work/life balance. Pay is reasonable. There's more chances for your voice to be heard being that it's a smaller company. Good location in Westlake. In house massages and on site gym is a plus.

Cons

Insurance is expensive for the coverage it provides. 401(k) doesn't allow for hardship withdrawals. Upper management at the 'C' level needs to stabilize.

"Paralegal"

in Old Town, ME

I worked at Equity Trust Company for less than a year

Pros

Equity has a fabulous work environment. Being only 200 people or so, it is nice to be recognized by those who aren't your direct colleagues. I wasn't there long, but seems to have a great work/life balance for its employees. Many on-site perks.

Cons

In a growing "green" work environment, the company is still very paper-intensive.

"Day to Day Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to be creative and think outside of the box to solve company and client goals. New building which features a workout facility, organic food cafe, massuese, and lots of light to keep the energy up. Access to executive team. Many programs and intitiatives to promote work/life balance and giving back to the community. Promotes investment in their employees.

Cons

Company's intense growth is somewhat shrinking the space within the building. Meeting rooms and etc. No process for employees to submit suggestions anonymously.

Continue reading

"Great Facility, Excellent benefits"

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance, cafe has good healthy food options, free on site massages, workout facility on site, 401k has excellent company match, most people are good to work with, good culture overall.

Cons

Sometimes it can seem that leadership isn't always on the same page due to the rapid growth, but overall the company is heading in the right direction.

"Growing Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for Equity for 4 years, and while we have had our mishaps there is certainly enough good to keep me here. The people I work with are phenomena. Tons of personalities, all very genuine, accepting and fun! The executive staff is continuously finding ways to motivate and reward employees. We have been to Dave and Busters, Indians Games, Cedar Point, dinner cruises, and so much more. The new building is great with free massages, fitness centers, cafe, etc. Work life balance is not only possible here, but encouraged. I have progressed tremendously since I have been here. In 4 years I have been in 3 different positions, each an advancement from the previous. I have never worked at a place where everyone, including your CEO has an interest in your development and growth within the organization. I have been offered other opportunities elsewhere, but my loyalty lies with Equity.

Cons

Our CEO has a lot of vision, which can be good and bad thing. But knowing and believing that everything he does is for the good of the company makes it tolerable. This is a niche industry so what we do and what the knowledge necessary is not something many people come to us with experience in. Equity does train on what it is you need to know, but processes continually change which can be frustrating. If your considering employment here be open and adaptable to change and ignore all the moans and groans from the people who have been here forever. Their job is as enjoyable as they allow it to be. Many of us who have been around for awhile have seen the best and the worst of Equity. Some like to dwell on past bad experience and miss out on all the good Equity has to offer.

"Overall Great Company"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Equity Trust certainly supports promoting from within. I was with ETC for less than a year, prior to receiving a promotion. The new Headquarter building was designed to offer all employees many wonderful amenities such as: gym, fitness classes, walking trail, on-site dry cleaning, cafe, take home meal service, etc. These wellness opportunities enhance the life of any employee working here. Equity's overall environment offers its workers a work/life balance. ETC, while avoiding the large, cold, corporate feel; is still very successful but continues to provide that small, intimate, family style dynamic.

Cons

Prior to merging our two Ohio offices, employee engagement and unification were issues requiring concentration. Since our move to Westlake, there has been a large increase in cohesiveness in these areas, however, there is still room for improvement.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews