Equity Trust Company Reviews

Found 151 of over 164 reviews

4.4
Equity Trust Company CEO George Sullivan
George Sullivan
Pros
  • "The company has experienced a lot of growth lately and recently moved into a new building(in 15 reviews)

• "They actively promote work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management at the 'C' level needs to stabilize(in 7 reviews)

• "Little to no communication between departments(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

87 Comments

Finance

26.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Equity Trust Company~137320
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Great company with great opportunities and great people!

Jul 21, 2021 - Sales Manager in Westlake, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

- High growth company, with new and evolving opportunities presented consistently - Ownership and executive management demonstrates strong compassion and passion for developing people and helping employees reach their full potential within their careers - Many opportunities to participate in community volunteer programs. You can tell the company cares about its employees, the community and customers alike - During pandemic, company did an incredible job keeping employees safe and migrating to a work environment that worked for all employees and customers!

Cons

No real cons that I can think of at this time.

1 person found this review helpful

Manager, Talent & Development

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! Your review means a lot to us and lets us know that we are on the right track. The pandemic presented many obstacles for everyone, but the safety and wellbeing of our associates is extremely important to us and we are glad that has been reflected in our actions. You and the rest of our Equity team members are what make the company successful, so we always want to operate with your best interests at the forefront. If you have any suggestions for how we can continue to do better, please let us know by reaching out to HR@trustetc.com, we would love to hear from you! Kind regards, Lesley Koskey, Manager of Talent & Development

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company horrible depr

Nov 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people lots of company perks

Cons

Bad management lots of turn over

Manager, Talent and Development

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience at Equity was not a positive one. We openly welcome critical feedback as we feel it is the best way to learn about how we can improve. If you would be willing to share further details of your experience, please reach out to us at HR@trustetc.com. Thank you, Lesley Koskey Manager, Talent & Development

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

ok

Oct 11, 2021 - Liaison Officer in Westlake, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

good staff some benefits not bad as long as not understaffed enjoyed working

Cons

understaffed so everyone is overworked

Manager, Talent and Development

Thank you for sharing your experience. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought about certain challenges never seen before which are impacting staffing for many organizations across all industries. We have enlisted the help of some temp agencies as a short-term solution, and are currently in the process of hiring another corporate recruiter as a long-term solution. Our leadership team is always looking at viable ways to attract new talent and keep our existing talent here at Equity, and are certainly open to any suggestions you may have. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at l.koskey@trustetc.com if you have further information you’d like to share. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us this feedback! Kind regards, Lesley Koskey Manager, Talent and Development

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Always Busy!

Sep 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of work to be done. Great people to work with.

Cons

Not a lot of time to train on the job you're doing. Too many levels of management and not enough employees. Raises are minimal.

Manager, Talent and Development

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and for providing this valuable feedback. We think the people that work at Equity are great too and are always looking for ways to increase associate morale with adequate training and improved process management. If you have other specific ideas about what we can do to better accomplish this, I encourage you to contact me directly at l.koskey@trustetc.com, I would love to hear from you! Sincerely, Lesley Koskey Manager of Talent and Development

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Happy New Hire!!

Aug 27, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was drawn to this company because of the leadership. Many companies say that they care for their employees, but Equity Trust really means it. Clear vision and long-term goals are also a huge part of the culture.

Cons

As many companies find themselves in a similar situation right now, balancing the work from home/remote environment.

Manager, Talent and Development

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a kind review! Our associates are what make Equity a great place to work and we are so glad to have you on board. This certainly has been an interesting environment to operate in and we recognize that there are many challenges for our associates, so we appreciate everyone's willingness and ability to adapt. Our vision and long-term goals are meant to motivate and engage, so we are happy to hear that you are experiencing that! If you have any additional feedback or suggestions you would like to share with us, please let us know at HR@trustetc.com. Thank you, Lesley Koskey Manager, Talent and Development

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Team and the ability to really make a contribution

Jul 23, 2021 - Product Manager in Westlake, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love my team and the fact I am able to make such a significant contribution. The leadership in my department and the company is great, they are humble and always approachable.

Cons

None that I can think of

Manager, Talent & Development

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We couldn't be happier to hear that you love your team and want you to know that we appreciate all of your hard work and contributions. Here at Equity, we strive to build an environment where open communication can thrive and are so glad that your leadership team is embracing that. Thank you again! Lesley Koskey, Manager of Talent & Development

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Training, training, training...

May 4, 2021 - Relationship Manager in Westlake, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've received the best training of my career at ETC and the people have been very warm, welcoming and helpful. Experiencing such a tremendous rate of growth, the company feels like a great place to build a career.

Cons

It's a rather arduous interview process with may layers of management, but it does help to fit the right people into the company's culture. Because the firm is growing so quickly it is hard to keep the appropriate level of staffing, making the work challenging sometimes.

Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback, we are happy to hear your onboarding experience has been positive! Please feel free to reach out to our HR team should you need anything at hr@trustetc.com - Andy

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

A Great Place to Work!

Apr 21, 2021 - Compliance Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is open to being flexible to your individual needs Great health benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) matching The company sincerely cares about your physical and mental well-being, and offers programs for those who would like assistance with either. Hard work is valued, and there are advancement opportunities for those who do so. Appreciation for each employee's contribution is recognized from the top, down. The company hosts various events for employees, and sometimes for their families as well. Multiple philanthropic opportunities, and paid volunteer time available for employees.

Cons

The complimentary coffee's not the best, but it is free! There's not enough hours in the day to get to know each employee on a more personal level.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

RUN don't walk

May 25, 2021 - Client Service Representative in Westlake, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I made a couple great friends with coworkers

Cons

When people desperately needed a job and weren't employable elsewhere, they ended up here and just didnt leave. This is evident from the executive level all the way down the ladder. This place is riddled with bad attitudes, ill equipped employees, and management that has no idea what they are doing nor do they care. The only reason employees dont file regular law suits against this company is because the pay is so bad.

Equity Trust Company Response

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your standards or ours as an employer. Equity Trust aims to provide all associates with a positive work environment that enhances their quality of life. We will use your feedback to help us make Equity a great place to work for everyone. We wish you the best in your career endeavors!

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good small(ish) company to work for

Apr 8, 2021 - Team Lead in Westlake, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, good benefits, small teams so easy to form food relationships with coworkers. Fitness center. Normally good hours.

Cons

Small company means smaller salary compared to comparable positions in the area. Training tends to be informal and on an asked-for basis, no certification programs or tuition reimbursement when I was there.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 151 Reviews