Equity Trust Company Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 116 reviews

3.5
Equity Trust Company CEO George Sullivan
George Sullivan
Pros
  • "The company has experienced a lot of growth lately and recently moved into a new building(in 15 reviews)

• "I wasn't there long, but seems to have a great work/life balance for its employees(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management would not work with your schedule if you had school to attend(in 7 reviews)

• "Little to no communication between departments(in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing Place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My teammates are great to work with. We have a really collaborative environment. My job challenges me to think and problem solve, and it makes my work interesting. It is a really fun place to work.

Cons

We could update some of our technology. The systems and services we use are great, but some people are using older model computers.

Advice to Management

Communication has really improved. Keep it up! Keep up the engagement with your staff.

Equity Trust Company2019-07-03
  2. "Challenging Work and Fantastic Work-Life Balance!"

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The projects I have the opportunity to work on are challenging and impact the entire organization so I feel like I am making a difference every day. The work-life balance is really great too with amenities such as free massages, onsite gym, flexible summer hours and more. Most of the people who work here are passionate about their jobs and truly care about the company and its success. I hope to stay and grow for years...

Cons

As with any workplace, there is sometimes "red tape" that can get in the way of moving forward with things as quickly as I may want; however, I feel that my opinions are always heard and strongly considered, and a compromise is always reached.

Equity Trust Company2019-05-09
  3. "TMI Not Enough Training"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee perks, cafeteria, great PTO

Cons

The training isn’t as extensive as it should be, new employees are often given books and papers on things rather than being taught in great detail which leads to confusion & uncertainty with new hires. Overwhelming.

Equity Trust Company2019-05-16
  4. "Pretty Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Management is really flexible with work/life balance. Pay is reasonable. There's more chances for your voice to be heard being that it's a smaller company. Good location in Westlake. In house massages and on site gym is a plus.

Cons

Insurance is expensive for the coverage it provides. 401(k) doesn't allow for hardship withdrawals. Upper management at the 'C' level needs to stabilize.

Advice to Management

Departments need to communicate more between each other. When one department tells another something isn't working and it's impacting our clients, change needs to be swift instead of swept under the rug. We all need to humbly admit our weaknesses because that's the only way to get stronger/better.

Equity Trust Company2019-04-29

"Stuck in their old ways"

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The staff is nice and easy to get along with. The work makes days go by fast.

Cons

The pay scale needs to be updated with the times. This is what is keeping young people with degrees from staying here long term.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more, give bonuses for work anniversaries, listen to your employees on how to make the process better, they’re the ones doing it every day while you’re in meetings trying to figure out how to make the process smoother. Train your sales team on what is needed for different types of purchases. You’re pushing away your best talent because you won’t pay them

Equity Trust Company2019-04-17
  6. "Great Company/Excellent Location"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Culture (Including company events) Competitive Pay Strong Core Values Lots of Opportunities

Cons

Parking could be better.

Equity Trust Company2019-03-26
  7. "Great for me!"

Current Employee - Doc Management in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

great people to work around. rather decent benefits. cafe and gym on site

Cons

others not being reprimanded when more than necessary

Equity Trust Company2019-02-28
  8. "Customer Service Assocaite"

I worked at Equity Trust Company

Pros

Co workers were nice and office building was nice

Cons

unorganized in their training process.

Equity Trust Company2018-10-29
    • "Where a Job Can Become a Career"

Current Employee - Operations in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Beautiful Campus w/Atrium, Gym, Massages, Café, Walking Path - Benefits/Pay/Incentives - Focus on Healthy Living - Genuine Supportive Leadership Team - Continued Education for Professional and Personal Growth - Focus on Career Path and Personal Goals - Large involvement in the Community - Fast Paced Challenging Work Environment - Strong focus on teamwork - people who truly enjoy working with each other

Cons

- Some specialized roles take time to learn but the training program provides the resources needed

Advice to Management

Continue to do fun things (raffles for event tickets, food trucks, flexible summer hours, patio parties) and continue to grow the culture that has evolved over the years

Equity Trust Company2018-09-06
    • "Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company has made huge improvements with training and applying processes and procedures consistently. The focus has genuinely shifted towards being client centric over the last 4 or so years than being driven by net profits. A clear vision has been communicated and continues to be communicated during our Town Hall meetings. It seems as though the company is attempting to show their appreciation towards their employees...

Cons

The turnover rate at the Executive level over the last 10 years is astounding and concerning. The health insurance is expensive but offers good coverage. The company wants higher productivity with less employees, which strains the current staff and negatively affects moral. More employees need to be hired to process investment transactions; that is the backbone of what we do and it's currently the weakest link. There...

Advice to Management

Take the time to hire Executives that are a good fit and will stay a minimum of 5 years. We really need stability at that level to continue to drive our vision and calm fears and anxiety across the company. Make sure each department is staffed to give our clients the best experience possible. Listen to what the client's wants and needs are and consider adjusting your approach based on their feedback. The only way...

Equity Trust Company2018-08-26