Equity Trust Company Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.3
Equity Trust Company CEO George Sullivan
George Sullivan
Pros
  • "The company has experienced a lot of growth lately and recently moved into a new building(in 15 reviews)

• "They actively promote work life balance(in 9 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"A Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Leadership is open to being flexible to your individual needs Great health benefits, paid time off, and 401(k) matching The company sincerely cares about your physical and mental well-being, and offers programs for those who would like assistance with either. Hard work is valued, and there are advancement opportunities for those who do so. Appreciation for each employee's contribution is recognized from the top, down. The company hosts various events for employees, and sometimes for their families as well. Multiple philanthropic opportunities, and paid volunteer time available for employees.

Cons

The complimentary coffee's not the best, but it is free! There's not enough hours in the day to get to know each employee on a more personal level.

Continue reading
  2. "Training, training, training..."

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've received the best training of my career at ETC and the people have been very warm, welcoming and helpful. Experiencing such a tremendous rate of growth, the company feels like a great place to build a career.

Cons

It's a rather arduous interview process with may layers of management, but it does help to fit the right people into the company's culture. Because the firm is growing so quickly it is hard to keep the appropriate level of staffing, making the work challenging sometimes.

May 11, 2021Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback, we are happy to hear your onboarding experience has been positive! Please feel free to reach out to our HR team should you need anything at hr@trustetc.com - Andy

3. COVID-19

"Great company and feels like family here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Equity Trust Company is an amazing place to work. I've worked at 4 call centers over the last 19 years and ETC is in my Top 2. Our leadership team and co-workers have been so welcoming since I started here 9 months ago. Benefits are excellent, our pay and 401K are acceptable, and our company does what it can to stay in line with the current technology out there. ETC does great things for our local communities which I approve of 100% I am most appreciative with how our Management and HR team have been handling the current pandemic. They have done everything they can to keep all of us and our families at home as safe as possible. They have been flexible and understanding, and have to continued show us all that they really care about us, we are a family here not just a business. I am truly looking forward to the day that everyone can work from the office again so I can meet everyone face to face and use that beautiful cafeteria that they provided for us to use.

Cons

Technical issues working from home come up but that is to be expected, thank you again for the understanding in these trying times. Thanks also to our I.T. Department for working with us and making sure we are able to properly assist our clients.

December 11, 2020Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We value your honest feedback and are so glad to hear about your positive experience with Equity. We strive to give our associates the support they need, through both good and uncertain times. Your feedback helps us to gain a better understanding around what we can do to attract and retain top talent. We pride ourselves in the benefits we offer associates and are glad you are able to enjoy them. Thanks again! -Andy

4. COVID-19

"Great Employer"

Former Employee - Operations Associate III in Westlake, OH

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Prior to the pandemic, Equity went out of its way to make each employee feel valued by hiring food trucks or throwing parties to covering meals. They had a massues come in and gave employees free 15 min massages. It's hard for any company currently to do anything for employees when most people are working from home but they were able to get most employees home before most companies were able to do it which shows how much they value their employees health and wellness. You will get to know everyone and it will feel like a family.

Cons

Pay is lower than industry. Also moving up within the company is also difficult. Equity is still growing so I can see opportunities presenting themselves in the future.

Continue reading
  5. "Good small(ish) company to work for"

4.0
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Westlake, OH

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people, good benefits, small teams so easy to form food relationships with coworkers. Fitness center. Normally good hours.

Cons

Small company means smaller salary compared to comparable positions in the area. Training tends to be informal and on an asked-for basis, no certification programs or tuition reimbursement when I was there.

6. "You're just a number"

1.0
    Former Employee - Ops Specialist

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Gym, cafeteria coffee on all floors

Cons

They don't care about employees. You're just a number

May 11, 2021Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your time at Equity Trust. We apologize that your experience did not match our goal of being a great place to work. If you would like to share more about your experience, please contact us at hr@trustetc.com so we can set some time up to talk. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback, and wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. -Andy

7. "No communication. Micromanagement"

Current Employee - Cst in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bonus, raise, time off, gym

Cons

The managers and team leads, reps all lack communication and never know what they are doing which makes all other departments lack at their job. There is also severe micromanagement which is why people quit. Doesn't it concern managers and HR why the turnover rate is so high

March 15, 2021Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At Equity Trust, we aim for high associate satisfaction and regret that we have not lived up to your expectations while working with us. We welcome all comments and opinions, and encourage you to email hr@trustetc.com so we can discuss this managerial concern with you in further detail. This will give us the opportunity to create a better overall associate experience, and assist our managers in doing the same. - Andy

8. "Growth & Opportunity Driven Organization"

Current Employee - Director, Corporate Governance in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Supportive and driven leadership. Mutual respect and caring environment across all departments. Lead by core values. Promote engaged environment that offers exciting growth opportunities. Performance based organization!

Cons

Few if any. I have enjoyed and thrived from the opportunities and challenges provided. Great solid organization.

9. "10/10"

Current Employee - Communications and Engagement Specialist in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Equity has been terrific for me both personally and professionally. I feel valued by my team, and pushed by my Manager to always push myself. There's always something to learn and I look forward to continuing this at ETC.

Cons

I do not have any to mention at this time.

10. "Not worth the headache"

2.0
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Westlake, OH
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are good. Great co-workers

Cons

Ridiculously stressful due to poor communication between departments, outdated systems and lack of support from management.

January 19, 2021Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Equity Trust. We strive to have high associate satisfaction and regret that we did not live up to your expectations, impacting your time with the Company. We welcome any and all feedback, and encourage you to email us at hr@trustetc.com to share any additional thoughts and suggestions you have. Equity Trust has undergone numerous changes over the recent years, and your review will provide us the opportunity to learn from any mistakes and create a better overall experience for current and future associates. -Andy

Viewing 1 - 10 of 145 Reviews