Equity Trust Company Reviews

Updated Jan 13, 2021

4.3
Equity Trust Company CEO George Sullivan
George Sullivan
Pros
  • "The company has experienced a lot of growth lately and recently moved into a new building(in 15 reviews)

• "They actively promote work life balance(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management would not work with your schedule if you had school to attend(in 7 reviews)

• "Little to no communication between departments(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Growth & Opportunity Driven Organization"

Current Employee - Director, Corporate Governance in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Supportive and driven leadership. Mutual respect and caring environment across all departments. Lead by core values. Promote engaged environment that offers exciting growth opportunities. Performance based organization!

Cons

Few if any. I have enjoyed and thrived from the opportunities and challenges provided. Great solid organization.

2. "10/10"

Current Employee - Communications and Engagement Specialist in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Equity has been terrific for me both personally and professionally. I feel valued by my team, and pushed by my Manager to always push myself. There's always something to learn and I look forward to continuing this at ETC.

Cons

I do not have any to mention at this time.

3. "Not worth the headache"

2.0
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager in Westlake, OH

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are good. Great co-workers

Cons

Ridiculously stressful due to poor communication between departments, outdated systems and lack of support from management.

4. COVID-19

"Great Employer"

Former Employee - Operations Associate III in Westlake, OH

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Prior to the pandemic, Equity went out of its way to make each employee feel valued by hiring food trucks or throwing parties to covering meals. They had a massues come in and gave employees free 15 min massages. It's hard for any company currently to do anything for employees when most people are working from home but they were able to get most employees home before most companies were able to do it which shows how much they value their employees health and wellness. You will get to know everyone and it will feel like a family.

Cons

Pay is lower than industry. Also moving up within the company is also difficult. Equity is still growing so I can see opportunities presenting themselves in the future.

Continue reading
  5. "Used to be a good employer"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Lots of freebies for employees

Cons

More emphasis on numbers than the people.

6. "Enjoyable Company to work for"

Current Employee - Investment Processor in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Communication with direct supervisors, flexible schedule

Cons

Pay can start relatively low to mid range

7. COVID-19

"Great company and feels like family here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Equity Trust Company is an amazing place to work. I've worked at 4 call centers over the last 19 years and ETC is in my Top 2. Our leadership team and co-workers have been so welcoming since I started here 9 months ago. Benefits are excellent, our pay and 401K are acceptable, and our company does what it can to stay in line with the current technology out there. ETC does great things for our local communities which I approve of 100% I am most appreciative with how our Management and HR team have been handling the current pandemic. They have done everything they can to keep all of us and our families at home as safe as possible. They have been flexible and understanding, and have to continued show us all that they really care about us, we are a family here not just a business. I am truly looking forward to the day that everyone can work from the office again so I can meet everyone face to face and use that beautiful cafeteria that they provided for us to use.

Cons

Technical issues working from home come up but that is to be expected, thank you again for the understanding in these trying times. Thanks also to our I.T. Department for working with us and making sure we are able to properly assist our clients.

Equity Trust Company Response

December 11, 2020Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We value your honest feedback and are so glad to hear about your positive experience with Equity. We strive to give our associates the support they need, through both good and uncertain times. Your feedback helps us to gain a better understanding around what we can do to attract and retain top talent. We pride ourselves in the benefits we offer associates and are glad you are able to enjoy them. Thanks again! -Andy

8. "A little lost at times...."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Westlake, OH

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Amazing fellow colleagues - Mostly updated tech equipment and support -Opportunity for advancement - Compensation

Cons

- Conflicting priorities - I felt (as a project manager) that every project I was assigned was destined to fail because I wasn't given enough resources (time, money, or dedicated resources) - Leadership Turn over

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Westlake, OH

I have been working at Equity Trust Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, pick your own hours, raises

Cons

Can be overworked, sometimes stressful but overall good job

"Exciting Opportunity to make an impact!"

Former Employee - Operations in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Equity Trust Company full-time

Pros

Exciting entrepreneurial culture with a team of professionals that are truly dedicated to making a difference - both within the company and in the community. Opportunities for growth within the company and rewarding volunteer activities to give back to the local community. Strong company at the forefront of their industry - great place to start or continue a career!

Cons

Had a very rewarding experience at the firm - met a tremendous group of hardworking professionals = No Cons

Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 English Reviews