Equity Residential Reviews

Found 768 of over 783 reviews

4.1
Equity Residential President and CEO Mark Parrell
Mark Parrell
Pros
  • "Great Benefits & Professional Staff(in 47 reviews)

• "great pay, positive work-life balance, easy going work environment(in 35 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Also upper management in Chicago is super all boys club with very little diversity with women or people of color(in 41 reviews)

• "Not much of a work/life balance(in 37 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

This is a company that really cares

Apr 13, 2021 - Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I think what I love best about working here is how much people care about what they do. They care about their customers and they care about each other. The company also promotes giving back to the community with food drives, toy drives and volunteer days where you can volunteer for a charity.

Cons

Everyone is very busy and our plates are full. If you don't enjoy that, this may not be the place for you.

Operations Specialist

5+ years with Equity and a 5 Star review - wow, thank you so much! We truly appreciate all of our employees, and completely agree with your perspective of the high level of care and dedication they deliver to our residents, the community, and to each other. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and for your continued commitment to Equity!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Amazing inclusive company culture!

Sep 23, 2021 - Community Manager in Chino Hills, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had recently left Equity due to relocating out of state but was with them for over 9 years. Everyone was extremely supportive and there was an amazing positive work environment at all communities.

Cons

I didn't have any complaints from the time I was there. I wish I could have taken them with me to my new state!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Equity has the best culture and great for those that love learning!

Sep 21, 2021 - Community Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great learning environment! The people are what make the magic. Lots of support despite difficult odds and short staffing which is everywhere. -Equity leaders know their stuff and it's great to be a part of a company that is on the leading edge of innovation in the industry. -Lots of opportunities to grow! -Cutting edge technology -Great structure that only comes with experience. -Transparency in leadership decision-making. -Company makes decisions with data AND empathy.

Cons

-Commissions are not as competitive but getting a lease is easier than it used to be so things sort of balance out. That said, it's tough to motivate experienced leasing staff since they know they can make way more in commissions at a privately held company. - Apartment discount isn't as competitive as other offers in the area. Lots of longtime or experienced employees have left for more competitive discounts. Nothing is free though and many of them have already returned to Equity as 'boomerangs'.

4. 5.0

Very Professional and Amazing company

Sep 20, 2021 - Leasing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being part of a big company Benefits

Cons

Management can be difficult at times

5. 4.0

Work/Life Balance & Mental Health - thing of the past

Sep 21, 2021 - Community Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you work hard, you will be rewarded. You can easily make property management a life long career - lots of room for growth.

Cons

While Equity did a great job during the pandemic, the work/life balance that was provided and the push for mental health awareness has seemed to disappear. Gone are the days in which people have the option to work from home. Many of us had performed and kept the building running while working from home so why now the change? Of course in our industry, being present as a manager is a necessity at times but why not offer WFH 1 - 2 days per week. It seems that Equity is now "back to business" and does not care about mental health any longer. We are still in a pandemic, we still are stressed, we still are not back to "normal life'. Many employees wish that Equity could move forward with the times and revisit schedules, wfh opens, etc. This will entice new employees to apply, engage current employees & increase morale.

6. 3.0

Okay experience overall.

Sep 21, 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rental discounts, opportunities for growth, great entry level Positions to enter into property management field

Cons

Large REIT, concerned with shareholders more than employees. Seems to be going into a direction of outsourcing tasks/jobs to 3rd parties. Implemented electronic assistant to help manage leads. Working from home is not available although most tasks do not warrant being in the office.

7. 3.0

Lots of changes

Sep 20, 2021 - Assistant Community Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO Company outings New VP Open door policy

Cons

inexperienced onsite managers not a cohesive team constantly introducing new pilots

8. 4.0

Sharing My Experience

Sep 17, 2021 - Groundskeeper in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere Good Home/Work Balance Awesome Residents

Cons

None that I could think of.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great To Be A Part Of A Company That Is Evolving!!

Aug 26, 2021 - Regional Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Very transparent reporting. You know where you stand. 2. Great people who have been with the organization for a long time. 3. Understanding they're not perfect and working towards solutions. 4. Diversity and Inclusion is evident and you can feel it. 5. Many opportunities for you if you earn it.

Cons

1. Very lean. That's all folks!

Operations Specialist

Thank you for the 5 star rating, as well as your 5+ years of service to our company! We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and highlighting the great people at EQR, as well as our transparency through our metrics and reporting. We look forward to continuing to enjoy the ride with you as we continue to evolve!

10. 5.0

Leasing

Aug 25, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Hoboken, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commission and renewals are great ! Team is great to work with too.

Cons

I work every weekend but I love my community

Operations Specialist

We’re so flattered by your 5 star review - thank you! We love seeing our employees exemplify Equity’s 10 Ways and appreciate you “Seeing the Glass Half Full” and “Sharing the Spotlight”!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 768 Reviews