Cover image for Equisoft

81% Recommend to a Friend
90% Approve of CEO

Found 84 of over 91 reviews

4.1
Equisoft Founder and CEO Luis Romero (no image)
Luis Romero
Pros
  • "Very competitive benefits and salary, relaxed and supportive work environment,(in 9 reviews)

• "Good work / life balance, work flexibility(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sick leave policy could be improved(in 3 reviews)

• "thinking outside the equisoft box gets you in trouble(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee, more than 1 year

dev

Sep. 2, 2022 - Business Development Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

good package and the management is good

Cons

There is no annual increase or bonus on my current package

Equisoft Response

We thank you for your 5 star review and for being part of the Equisoft Family! Your feedback helps us make informed decisions about improvements and we appreciate it!

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very mitigated experience at Equisoft

Sep. 10, 2022 - Developer in Montreal Lake, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some people do their jobs very well

Cons

Low salary, poor management and they work with OIPA a very close system that you wont see anywhere else so you will have a bad carrer building at the end and your salary wont improve as years goes

1 person found this review helpful

Equisoft Response

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your feedback as it is very important to us! We are sorry to hear that your experience at Equisoft was not up to your expectations but we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

3. Join the Equisoft team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Sep. 1, 2022 - Marketing Specialist in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Christmas gift from CEO

Cons

Very result-driven with frequent employee turnover

Equisoft Response

We thank you for your honest review and for your time at Equisoft! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your Christmas gift and the flexibility of our remote work policy! Your feedback helps us in our aim to provide the best employee experience.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good

Aug. 20, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Quebec, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work / life balance.

Cons

Boring domain. Big company, move slowly.

Equisoft Response

We thank you for your honest review and for being part of the Equisoft Family! We always aim to provide the best employee experience and for this reason, your feedback is important to us!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Aug. 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, good work culture, great tech stack

Cons

Not strong support & immigration

Equisoft Response

We thank you for your 5 star review and for being part of the Equisoft Family! As we strive to provide the best employee experience, your feedback is important to us!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

A learning place

Jul. 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It ´ s a great place to learn to become a better professional

Cons

Nothing to add to my statement

Equisoft Response

Equisoft thanks you for your 5 star review and we are happy that you find Equisoft to be a great place to learn and become a better professional!

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Another sweatshop. Stay away

Jun. 7, 2022 - Senior Software Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some coworkers are nice. Not very smart, but nice Flexible schedule

Cons

- Complete disrespect professionally. They hire you to do software and the next day you find yourself writing sql queries or installing software on servers. - They promise surreal deadlines to clients, and then telling them it is their fault the project is late, because they are not providing requirements. If the client does provide info on time, then employees need to work on weekends and holidays to deliver. - Bringing your hardly earned certifications?, it doesn't matter, you will end up doing something else, and you are expected to fill in your timesheet to bill projects. sometimes several concurrent projects. - Lack of transparency. Everything is discretionary here. "Talk to your manager". - Raise?? do they even know the meaning of this word?? - If you are quitting, the first question they ask is "where are you going?", some managers ask "are you going to a competitor?". they ask this to send you a lawyer flashing you their not-complete/non-solicitation, that has so many not compliant clauses (like 24 months). - Promotions? team-leads have to code and pick up the slack for underperforming team members. Most of the time they do not fire, afraid of getting a lawsuit (and they don't want to pay you to cover their non-compete, as they should if they block you from working on what you know).

6 people found this review helpful

Equisoft Response

Dear Reviewer, We are sorry to hear that your experience at Equisoft is not up to your expectations. You indicated professional disrespect as one of the first reasons for your dissatisfaction. At Equisoft, we strongly value mutual respect between employees and we firmly believe that respectful language and respectful behaviors go hand in hand. We pride ourselves in our reputation of full transparency, open communication and flexibility which is why your review definitely catches us off guard. As much as we welcome all types of feedbacks, there are several points that we cannot agree with. We strongly invite you to contact a member of our HR team to further discuss, in hopes that we can clarify these misunderstandings. We thank you for your review, but we believe that a future discussion will help us in our constant desire to provide the best employee experience.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not the worst, not the best company

May 17, 2022 - Developer in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can't really name an advantage

Cons

It's an IT company but it doesn't see IT and its professionals as main roles

1 person found this review helpful

Equisoft Response

We thank you for your honest review and for being part of the Equisoft Family! As we strive to provide the best employee experience, your feedback is important to us!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Solid, Stabile and Fairly Consisten

Mar. 18, 2022 - Business Analyst in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some people they hire because of experience, but they will also take a reasonable risk and hire smart people without experience. This tends to create an interesting atmosphere. Also, because Equisoft is a global company, it has a very diverse employee base with multiple languages spoken. Having a global reach is pretty cool, because you get to work on projects from all over the world.

Cons

There is a serious glut in the labor force and Equisoft has grown rapidly over the last three years. Occasionally, truly mediocre individuals get hired, but they usually don't last long, and they don't get promoted which I've seen in other companies.

Equisoft Response

We thank you for your honest review and for being part of the Equisoft Family! Your feedback is important to us!

11. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice place to work

Mar. 10, 2022 - Devops Specialist in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice environment, the company take care of you in different aspects.

Cons

No bonus the first year

Equisoft Response

Thank you for your review and for being part of the Equisoft Family !

Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Reviews
    </>Embed

Equisoft Reviews FAQs

Equisoft has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 91 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Equisoft to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Equisoft employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Equisoft. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

81% of Equisoft employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Equisoft 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Equisoft Job Seekers