Epitec Reviews

Updated May 11, 2020

3.5
Epitec CEO Jerry Sheppard
Jerry Sheppard
Pros
  • "Free food every once in a while(in 33 reviews)

• "Great company that contracts to other great companies(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Every week someone gets let go and it’s never addressed or spoken of(in 23 reviews)

• "Extremely high turnover and employees are fired for(in 18 reviews)

"It's a Sales Culture. Only Good for Certain Personalities"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time

Pros

Work from Home ops. Flexible Schedule Monday-Friday (No weekends really explicitly expected)

Cons

A lot, if you're not in to a sales culture.

Epitec2020-05-11

May 12, 2020COO

Epitec leverages a sales culture, particularly in sales functions, such as sales or recruiting departments. Epitec delivers top talent to top clients. Our customers rely on Epitec to respond quickly to their needs with top talent that hold the capability required to solve their business problems. Our employees rely on Epitec to properly understand and describe each available position and to present jobs that meet their capabilities, expectations for compensation, and career goals. Our sales teams and recruiting teams rely heavily on relationship building, empathy, fact-finding, and negotiation. The operations of Epitec has a focus on accuracy and timeliness, minimizing redundancy and eliminating waste. Epitec is customer-focused, employee-driven, and process-oriented. All three fuel and guide our company culture in both Sales and Operations.

2. "Strong Training and Strong Leadership...really enjoying this job and learning a ton!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Epitec full-time for more than a year

Pros

The training was top notch and incredibly organized. It's clear what your responsibilities/goals are and they give you the tools and methods to accomplish those. The incentives really motivate me to accomplish and exceed my goals.

Cons

It wasn't easy getting used to working remotely, but now I enjoy it.

Epitec2020-04-24
  3. "Senior Information Architect"

Former Employee - Senior Information Architect in Dearborn, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great placement connection with my Metro area

Cons

Laid off during recessions

Epitec2020-03-17
  4. "Good experience"

Current Employee - Data Scientist

I have been working at Epitec full-time for less than a year

Pros

good work environment. nice people

Cons

There are none at the moment

Epitec2020-02-25

"termination notice only have less than one day"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Taylor, MI

I worked at Epitec part-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee support is timely and responsive

Cons

don't care about their worker

Epitec2020-03-05

May 12, 2020COO

I am sorry that you received short notice regarding the end of your contract position. Part-time positions may end abruptly and are difficult to anticipate the end date. Epitec cares about our employees and their employee experience. When a contract position ends, Epitec is ready to assist you with your transition to other opportunities. I am interested to hear what we could have done better to deliver the news of the end date and what expectations you have of Epitec once this news is communicated. Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to hearing back from you, mark@epitec.com.

"Get Fired or Get Threatened With a Lawsuit"

1.0
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I worked at Epitec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food You’ll meet some cool coworkers that you might up becoming friends with or even working with again somewhere else

Cons

They prey on people to join their company, get you to sign the most insanely restrictive non-compete agreement you’ll ever see in your life. If you ever choose to leave on your own to further your career, you will sit down with an HR person who will kindly threaten you and remind you of the non-compete. Every 5 star review you see on here from an internal staff member is because they were forced to write it. This business is completely unethical. None of the leaders have any experience in upper management from other companies, nor do they have any higher education other than a bachelors degree. The company itself is a revolving door. Every week someone gets let go and it’s never addressed or spoken of. If you’re considering a job here I would STRONGLY encourage you to search “Oakland County Court Explorer” and then under business name search Epitec. You will see for yourself how many lawsuits they’ve filed against former employees. Don’t walk, run away from this place.

Epitec2020-01-17

May 12, 2020COO

I am eager to discuss in person or via phone call (248-864-71-21), should you have any reservations joining Epitec because of this post. Epitec encourages our employees to provide feedback, good and bad. While education is not necessarily an indicator of management ability, several Epitec managers are top-ranked graduates holding advanced degrees. Our Executive management team is diverse and experienced in the staffing industry. Epitec's Customer retention rate exceeds 98%. Epitec is ranked "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for", in Michigan and Nationally, for the past 13 years. Epitec invests heavily to provide services that satisfy our customers and employees. At times these are competing demands. Staffing is a challenging industry but a rewarding industry for many of us.

"Extremely high turnover"

2.0
    Current Employee - Recruiter in West Palm Beach, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Epitec full-time for more than a year

Pros

They let you work from home one to two days a week.

Cons

Extremely high turnover and employees are fired for “no reason” all the time. It’s easy to get hired and even easier to get fired. Very minimal training and a lot is expected right out the door. Lots of drinking around the office.

Epitec2019-12-10

December 14, 2019COO

I’m sorry that you were not able to have success at Epitec. Training and development are critical to the success of all our employees whether they are new or tenured. Thank you for acknowledging the importance of training. Epitec spends many hundreds of thousands of dollars and many thousands of hours training employees each year. Our training efforts are continuously being improved year over year. I’d like to hear specifically where we fell short with you. Please contact me via email mjruma@epitec.com

8. "Great position with great benefits"

Current Employee - Mechanical Drafter in Rapid City, SD
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Epitec full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great company that contracts to other great companies

Cons

- Uncertainty when contract ends

Epitec2019-09-06
  9. "N/A"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

Great company culture and solid incentives

Cons

None that I can think of currently

Epitec2019-09-03
  10. "I have been working at Epitec for more than a year"

4.0
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer

I have been working at Epitec full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, lots of opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Medical benefits could be expanded.

Epitec2019-08-19