Energy Transportation Group Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2021

Found 10 of over 10 reviews

3.6
Energy Transportation Group CEO Shawn Girard (no image)
Shawn Girard

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0

Driven to be Different

Jan 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great values; considerable growth; positive working environment that rewards results

Cons

almost too generous at times

HR Analyst & Project Manager

We are lucky to have you aboard as we continue to strive for growth. Thank you for your review, we will keep working hard to maintain our values and positive environment !

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good for freshers only, will not recommend anyone to join Energy

Oct 8, 2021 - Customer Services Representative in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very Good place for freshers to startup with, if you stay near to place, to pay your bills.. you dont need to have any knowledge experience. Even if you see job posting as receptionist # just go for it and after 6 months you will be one of the junior CSR or Data Entry. When you will join them you will meet people with Energy Transportation Group# who joined as a receptionist and now are CSR and in Data Entry with experience as an bar tender, baker or hair dresser. Hiring is always ongoing, so good for all the freshers out there to start.

Cons

Few bad, rigid team Manager, love to do....micro management, play favorites, extra personal comments in front of everyone, different rules for different people, dont value people, unprofessional environment.

HR Analyst & Project Manager

Hello, Thank you so much for your comments. We sincerely value your feedback and will take any opportunity to improve. Training is ongoing with our managers and team leaders. We understand that change management can take time and we are very hopeful that as we continue to grow and develop our managerial skillsets, that we will be able to embody our mentality of being 'Driven to be Different'! Our HR team is always available to support all Energy Transportation Group team members and would love to hear from you to make a concrete impact. We invite you to reach out to us at hr@shipenergy.com .

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Violated Their Own Disciplinary Policy

Apr 2, 2021 - Senior Logistics Coordinator in Lasalle, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, invested in technological infrastructure

Cons

Fragile egos in upper management lead to my dismissal. Management cannot be questioned.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Analyst & Project Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your insight. Please rest assured, your comments will be taken into consideration moving forward. At ENERGY, we regularly review and optimize our internal policies. We continuously strive to provide a workplace environment where there are open lines of communication between staff and management to promote the free exchange of ideas and feedback. We are also happy to share that in addition to our existing policies, we have launched a management development training initiative to provide resources, coaching, and support to our team leaders to help them grow their skill set. We would welcome the opportunity to further explore your experience at ENERGY and share with you all the other measures we are implementing to ensure our workplace is a safe space where all voices are heard and recognized. Please feel free to reach out to HR at hr@shipenergy.com.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work at

Jan 2, 2021 - Accountant in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities. Management is friendly and are very receptive to comments from staff. The environment is dynamic and fun, I strongly recommend anyone looking to grow in transportation to join Energy.

Cons

Communication within the company could be more frequent and organized. I feel like we only know what's going on in our office, yet we have locations across north America.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Analyst & Project Manager

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We so appreciate your insights, and we hope that we have improved communications throughout our branches with BambooHR, and our now monthly Energy Newsletter. Please let us know if there's any other awesome suggestions that you have at hr@shipenergy.com and thank you for your review. We're lucky to have you !

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Get what you put

Sep 17, 2020 - Branch Director in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Casual environment, pro-technology, self management.

Cons

Lack of communication with frontline staff.

HR Analyst & Project Manager

Hello, thank you very much for taking the time to give us this feedback. We appreciate the insights that you've offered and are actively striving to communicate more with employees - especially our employees in our various offices across North America! Thank you again.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good People

Jun 9, 2020 - Former Employee in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent friendly environment that you will enjoy.

Cons

Less payment and layoff those who are not relatives of top managements. People with relationships are priority.

7. 1.0

Be careful

Mar 13, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Lasalle, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been here for almost 2 years and what started off good has turned very bad. I have to play nice and pretend the comments from men in the office are warranted. Management is even worse. I feel like a piece of meat almost daily. I would leave but I need the job and have consider getting legal advice

Cons

This is not 1980 and employees have rights. Make changes so others don’t feel the way I do everyday.

8 people found this review helpful

Director, Human Resources & Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share this experience with us. Energy appreciates and values your feedback as an employee. We are sorry that you may have had a negative experience and would like to discuss these concerns with you. Please reach out to our HR department so we can work together to find a resolution. Thank you again

8. 5.0

National Account Executive

Jan 11, 2018 - National Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is here to Win and Support each other. You don't just feel like an employee, it is a real partnership and family environment. Energy has the best Owners and Leaders I have ever worked with and I am so excited to see where we take this.

Cons

Growing pains, rapid growth comes with challenges but that is a great problem to have.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Culture!!!

Dec 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Lasalle, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, fast-paced, open and transparent, the focus is on growth and customer service. Excellent people that are both smart and empathetic. Managers are focused on growing people long-term.

Cons

Energy is a fast-paced and rapidly growing company, this type of environment is not for everyone. However, if you are up for a challenge and you like the ever changing environment of transport - then Energy is definitely the place to grow your career.

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Honest and Fair

Jun 3, 2021 - National Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

ENERGY is fantastic, they have built a family environment and go out of their way to ensure people who aren't in the HQ office feel the same way. I also really appreciate the openness of the executives, they are very transparent, and they intentionally go out of their way to make themselves approachable. i think it's great and i believe this is why there is so many employees passionate about working at ENERGY

Cons

Honestly, not a lot of Cons, I'd like to see a 401k Program of some sort, i wich vacation time could rollover. The company IS BIG on wanting you to take time off to not burn out.

HR Analyst & Project Manager

Hello, Thank you so much for the comments and feedback ! We are excited to keep reviewing our benefits offerings and continue to strive to make all remote employees feel valued within our Energy Family. We are so grateful that you took time to leave this response - our sincerest thank you !

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews