Empowerment Technologies Inc. Reviews

Updated Mar 29, 2021

4.0

"Fun and Exciting Place to Work"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer

I have been working at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

• Amazing company culture with casual dress code, team events, paid lunches, benefits and paid vacation time. • Funding for personal development • Amazing co-workers • Great HR team • CEO is approachable and easy to talk to. • Company is always looking for ways to improve • Promote work-life balance • Flexible working hours. • Newly renovated open concept working environment. • Stand up or sit down desks. • Ergonomic chairs when sitting at your desk. • Large common area with exercise equipment, massage chairs, ping pong, foosball and NBA Jam arcade

Cons

• Nothing at the present moment

April 9, 2020

Thank you for the feedback. Our culture is something that we cherish and together with the team’s continual feedback know we can make it even better!

"Do yourself a favour - don't work here"

1.0

I worked at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

The attempt to pull employees in by their "perks" doesn't make up for the fact that this place is still toxic because of a man who doesn't know how to treat employees. I'm sorry but (1. 37.5 hour work week 2. Vacation: 2 Weeks to start. 3 Weeks after 2 years of service. 4 weeks after 3 years of service. 3. Quarterly Team Events 4. Lounge: Gym Equipment, Foosball Table, Ping Pong Table, Arcade Video Game and 4 Massage Chairs 5. Monthly Townhalls) doesn't make up for the stress and the constant uncertainty for your job. Want an inside look - check out the reviews from the company before they split. It's one brother making the rules so things are slightly different, but not enough. https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-Circus-World-Displays-EI_IE471276.11,32.htm

Cons

Read the reviews from Circus World Displays

Continue reading

April 9, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you sharing your point of view. Although we cannot please everyone, it is our hope that with these incentives it would lead to a more positive worklife balance and work environment for the team. Admittedly no one is perfect, and our CEO does welcome feedback on how he and the organization can both do better. He is willing to listen and take the time to help determine the root cause of the issue and see to that a solution if possible, is implemented. Some companies that experience a split will unfortunately be faced with an increased volume of work and the difficult decision to end employment relationships with some team members. We understand that a start up after a split may not be the right type of environment for everyone and realize that is okay too. We are stable, have new product launches coming, new project management tools in place, and are confident we are on the right track to a bigger and brighter future to empower everyone.

"Great Place to Work and Great Team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Welland, ON

I have been working at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall a positive place to work. If you are here and want to learn and gain personal development, ETI is for you. The team members work well together and everyone for the most part has a sense of accountability and urgency. Free coffee and healthy snacks every day!

Cons

Sometimes responsibilities overlap and you require your coworkers assistance but that is delayed due to demanding timelines which puts you behind schedule and deadlines.

April 9, 2020

We certainly wouldn’t be where we are today without our dedicated and driven team! We are experiencing higher workloads for some roles at the moment as we continue to set up the company. We look forward to this returning to a regular level soon.

"Fast-paced"

5.0

Pros

It seems like a cliché to call it "fast-paced", but this is the fastest moving company I have ever worked at. Fun. Very exciting. Lots to learn and lots to do.

Cons

Might move too fast some times. It can be a lot to keep track of. Expectations are high.

April 9, 2020

Times at ETI are very exciting! Yes, we are fast paced and can appreciate that not every business is like this.

"N/A"

Current Employee - N/A in Welland, ON

I have been working at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Hours and Learning Environment

Cons

very fast paced environment to work in

April 9, 2020

Thanks for your feedback, we think that ETI is a great environment to learn in too.

"Still drama after split"

1.0

I have been working at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Promised employees all of these grandiose things and failed to deliver. Employees are constantly quitting. eTI still has ties with CWD and are shuffling employees around and firing more people. I would definitely stay away from this family drama. It's honestly so immature.

March 11, 2020Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. It was very unfortunate that a few great people were displaced, as a result of our Corporate split/Start-up of ETI. Our CEO, Raj, was personally very disappointed that we lost a number of very nice people and we appreciate the hard work and dedication they brought to their roles and the company wouldn’t be what it is today without them. We are very proud of our current workplace leading benefits in place: 1. 37.5 hour work week 2. Vacation: 2 Weeks to start. 3 Weeks after 2 years of service. 4 weeks after 3 years of service. 3. Quarterly Team Events 4. Lounge: Gym Equipment, Foosball Table, Ping Pong Table, Arcade Video Game and 4 Massage Chairs 5. Monthly Townhalls

7. "I love this company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - SQE in Shenzhen, Guangdong, Guangdong

Pros

Colleagues and boss are very kind,very enthusiastic about work,which makes my original tension to relax a lot of tension.

Cons

I am very honored to join the family.my life also opened a new page.

October 30, 2020

It's an honour that you think of this company as an extension of your family. Our goal is for everyone to achieve a great sense of purpose and pride working at ETI.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Viewing 11 - 17 of 17 Reviews