Empowerment Technologies Inc. Reviews

Found 16 of over 16 reviews

3.9
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to work with all the benefits!

Mar 2, 2021 - Manager in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

ETI is a great place to work especially if you want to grow in a fast-paced, positive, team-focused environment. They offer amazing benefits and good pay. Not to mention the fun floor, with ping pong, NBA JAM arcade, massage chairs, and fitness equipment. I truly enjoy working here and would recommend it to anyone who is looking. ETI is always taking our health into consideration, by keeping the office clean and safe.

Cons

Lean teams, but that is expected for now as we continue to grow.

HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

Thanks for your review. It's important to us to have a positive culture that our employees can thrive in. We look forward to continuing to grow the team!

2. 4.0

Very Good place to work in here and safe, Pay Good, Job security

Feb 9, 2021 - Warehouse Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

i am working in her last 15 years, I never see any problem .They pay very good, Job security, They take care the employee.

Cons

some times we have to work in week end.

HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

Thank you for your feedback. We recognize the importance of work life balance and appreciate the dedication of our team during peak times.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Productive, fast paced work environment

Feb 5, 2021 - Warehouse Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

fast paced environment, safe work place

Cons

sometimes the deadlines are to tight

HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

We are certainly fast-paced and aim for high performance! We are appreciative of our talented team members who thrive in this environment.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work with awesome people

Feb 5, 2021 - General Warehouse Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quality and customers matter most in this company. Goals and a plan to achieve them are communicated regularly with the entire team. Great people working there. Lots of room to grow duties and responsibilities.

Cons

Small staff can make it difficult to complete all tasks.

HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

We're so glad that you recognize our passion for quality and customer service, and we're glad you're a part of our team. Though small, we are results-focused, and we achieve big goals together.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great start-up with rich history background and lots potentials

Oct 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great colleagues to work with, everyone is friendly and easy-going - CEO is open-minded and willing to take advice from employees - Collaborative environment -Opportunity for personal and career growth - no dress codes and flexible working hours

Cons

The company established a little bit over a year and still undergoing changes to develop a more stable system.

Empowerment Technologies Inc. Response

Thanks for the feedback. We are optimistic too that as we continue to build more process and procedures, the company will become even more stable.

6. 5.0

I love this company

Oct 12, 2020 - SQE in Shenzhen, Guangdong, Guangdong
    Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues and boss are very kind,very enthusiastic about work,which makes my original tension to relax a lot of tension.

Cons

I am very honored to join the family.my life also opened a new page.

Empowerment Technologies Inc. Response

It's an honour that you think of this company as an extension of your family. Our goal is for everyone to achieve a great sense of purpose and pride working at ETI.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company and colleagues to work with!

Apr 12, 2020 - N/A in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The spirit and vibe is always positive and encouraging. Colleagues are all easy to get along with and the boss is pretty open-minded and willing to take suggestions from employees. There is a lot of communication between managers and team members to keep things clear and efficient. Basically, a good company for ppl who are willing to learn and take on challenges.

Cons

Efficiency and results are highly valued here. It could be a bit tense for people who are looking for an easy job.

1 person found this review helpful

Empowerment Technologies Inc. Response

Thanks for your review. We are a passionate and results focused team. We know that we can achieve great things together.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do yourself a favour - don't work here

Mar 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The attempt to pull employees in by their "perks" doesn't make up for the fact that this place is still toxic because of a man who doesn't know how to treat employees. I'm sorry but (1. 37.5 hour work week 2. Vacation: 2 Weeks to start. 3 Weeks after 2 years of service. 4 weeks after 3 years of service. 3. Quarterly Team Events 4. Lounge: Gym Equipment, Foosball Table, Ping Pong Table, Arcade Video Game and 4 Massage Chairs 5. Monthly Townhalls) doesn't make up for the stress and the constant uncertainty for your job. Want an inside look - check out the reviews from the company before they split. It's one brother making the rules so things are slightly different, but not enough. https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-Circus-World-Displays-EI_IE471276.11,32.htm

Cons

Read the reviews from Circus World Displays

3 people found this review helpful

Empowerment Technologies Inc. Response

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you sharing your point of view. Although we cannot please everyone, it is our hope that with these incentives it would lead to a more positive worklife balance and work environment for the team. Admittedly no one is perfect, and our CEO does welcome feedback on how he and the organization can both do better. He is willing to listen and take the time to help determine the root cause of the issue and see to that a solution if possible, is implemented. Some companies that experience a split will unfortunately be faced with an increased volume of work and the difficult decision to end employment relationships with some team members. We understand that a start up after a split may not be the right type of environment for everyone and realize that is okay too. We are stable, have new product launches coming, new project management tools in place, and are confident we are on the right track to a bigger and brighter future to empower everyone.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Passionate Team, Fast-Paced Environment & Growth Oportunities

Mar 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

What I like most about ETI is the opportunity for growth. If you are a good fit with the team and CEO, you will be given many opportunities for personal and career development. I have been promoted three times in the last 4 years. Working with a lean team, everyone has the ability understand the full scope of the business, and we all depend on each other to achieve our goals. We have a passionate team and everyone is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. ETI has no dress code, generous vacation time (2 years = 3 weeks off, 3 years + = 4 weeks off), an education fund, flex hours, unlimited coffee (even a designated committee that manages the popcorn and snacks), and a good benefits plan. During my time here at ETI, the CEO has been very focused on developing the best company culture possible. Since moving the office to Welland we now have a fun and inviting space with couches, ping pong tables and massage chairs. There are two offices, Welland and Toronto. Welland is where the majority of the team resides.

Cons

The company is very fast-paced and therefore requires you on your A-game all the times. This is actually a plus for me specifically as I enjoy the challenge, however it is something to note for those that prefer to work at a slower speed.

3 people found this review helpful

Empowerment Technologies Inc. Response

We agree, it is a fast-paced environment and one’s ability to focus is key. Thanks for your review.

10. 1.0

Still drama after split

Feb 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't think of any.

Cons

Promised employees all of these grandiose things and failed to deliver. Employees are constantly quitting. eTI still has ties with CWD and are shuffling employees around and firing more people. I would definitely stay away from this family drama. It's honestly so immature.

4 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. It was very unfortunate that a few great people were displaced, as a result of our Corporate split/Start-up of ETI. Our CEO, Raj, was personally very disappointed that we lost a number of very nice people and we appreciate the hard work and dedication they brought to their roles and the company wouldn’t be what it is today without them. We are very proud of our current workplace leading benefits in place: 1. 37.5 hour work week 2. Vacation: 2 Weeks to start. 3 Weeks after 2 years of service. 4 weeks after 3 years of service. 3. Quarterly Team Events 4. Lounge: Gym Equipment, Foosball Table, Ping Pong Table, Arcade Video Game and 4 Massage Chairs 5. Monthly Townhalls

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews