Empowerment Technologies Inc. Reviews

Updated Mar 29, 2021

4.0
  1. "Amazing Opportunities, Great People, Extreme Expectations"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Niagara, ON

I have been working at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unique opportunity to work at company that sells its products to Fortune 500 conglomerates. The skills you can learn at ETI, you will keep for life. I started as a Jr. Account Manager 4 years ago and now I lead the B2B sales for the company. Huge growth potential with extremely competitive pay and benefits. The team members you have working along side of you are dependable and collaberative.

Cons

Extremely fast paced envrioment. This is not the place for "ill get to it, when I get to it" type of people. If you dont pull your weight, it will be noticed super fast by management and peers. If you cant work at a extremely super fast paced enviroment with lofty expectations on goals and personal performance, look else where. If goals are not being met. everyone has to kick it in overdrive.

April 5, 2021HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

Thanks for your honest feedback and advice! While we certainly are fast-paced we value our collaborative team members, and we appreciate that mental states and capacities can vary. Our goal is to foster an environment where staff can thrive and feel empowered, and we will continue to work towards this.

2. "Great Place to work with all the benefits!"

Current Employee - Manager in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

I have been working at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

ETI is a great place to work especially if you want to grow in a fast-paced, positive, team-focused environment. They offer amazing benefits and good pay. Not to mention the fun floor, with ping pong, NBA JAM arcade, massage chairs, and fitness equipment. I truly enjoy working here and would recommend it to anyone who is looking. ETI is always taking our health into consideration, by keeping the office clean and safe.

Cons

Lean teams, but that is expected for now as we continue to grow.

March 4, 2021HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

Thanks for your review. It's important to us to have a positive culture that our employees can thrive in. We look forward to continuing to grow the team!

3. "Very Good place to work in here and safe, Pay Good, Job security"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate

I have been working at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time

Pros

i am working in her last 15 years, I never see any problem .They pay very good, Job security, They take care the employee.

Cons

some times we have to work in week end.

February 21, 2021HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

Thank you for your feedback. We recognize the importance of work life balance and appreciate the dedication of our team during peak times.

4. "Great place to work with awesome people"

Current Employee - General Warehouse Associate

I have been working at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time

Pros

Quality and customers matter most in this company. Goals and a plan to achieve them are communicated regularly with the entire team. Great people working there. Lots of room to grow duties and responsibilities.

Cons

Small staff can make it difficult to complete all tasks.

February 21, 2021HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

We're so glad that you recognize our passion for quality and customer service, and we're glad you're a part of our team. Though small, we are results-focused, and we achieve big goals together.

5. "Productive, fast paced work environment"

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor

I have been working at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time

Pros

fast paced environment, safe work place

Cons

sometimes the deadlines are to tight

February 21, 2021HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

We are certainly fast-paced and aim for high performance! We are appreciative of our talented team members who thrive in this environment.

"Passionate Team, Fast-Paced Environment & Growth Oportunities"

4.0

Pros

What I like most about ETI is the opportunity for growth. If you are a good fit with the team and CEO, you will be given many opportunities for personal and career development. I have been promoted three times in the last 4 years. Working with a lean team, everyone has the ability understand the full scope of the business, and we all depend on each other to achieve our goals. We have a passionate team and everyone is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. ETI has no dress code, generous vacation time (2 years = 3 weeks off, 3 years + = 4 weeks off), an education fund, flex hours, unlimited coffee (even a designated committee that manages the popcorn and snacks), and a good benefits plan. During my time here at ETI, the CEO has been very focused on developing the best company culture possible. Since moving the office to Welland we now have a fun and inviting space with couches, ping pong tables and massage chairs. There are two offices, Welland and Toronto. Welland is where the majority of the team resides.

Cons

The company is very fast-paced and therefore requires you on your A-game all the times. This is actually a plus for me specifically as I enjoy the challenge, however it is something to note for those that prefer to work at a slower speed.

April 9, 2020

We agree, it is a fast-paced environment and one’s ability to focus is key. Thanks for your review.

7. "Great start-up with rich history background and lots potentials"

4.0

I have been working at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great colleagues to work with, everyone is friendly and easy-going - CEO is open-minded and willing to take advice from employees - Collaborative environment -Opportunity for personal and career growth - no dress codes and flexible working hours

Cons

The company established a little bit over a year and still undergoing changes to develop a more stable system.

October 20, 2020

Thanks for the feedback. We are optimistic too that as we continue to build more process and procedures, the company will become even more stable.

"Pros and Cons"

Current Employee - N/A

Pros

- Tons of Benefits and Perks if company hits corporate goals (which are actually realistic as opposed to other companies who may offer same benefits but goals are very unrealistic). - Fun Office Culture thanks to our wonderful HR department, always planning fun things for the office to partake in - Learning Lounge includes massage chairs (use them while you work), elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike, foosball table and PING PONG table. - Collaborative environment that constantly instills learning and development through open communication - Easy commute with very minimal traffic (going the opposite way of the GTA traffic)

Cons

- although communication is very open which I feel is a pro, I find there is still some misleading direction from multiple people who need different things so it sometimes leads to a miscommunication

April 9, 2020

It is wonderful to hear that the company vision, mission and values are clear as these are our foundation and pillars of success. Communication gaps are something we try to close whenever possible and with the multiple platforms of delivery and multiple people communicating can unfortunately results in these misses. With ongoing team and company communication, we hope this begins to clear up as the team becomes more strongly aligned

"Great company and colleagues to work with!"

Current Employee - N/A in Toronto, ON

Pros

The spirit and vibe is always positive and encouraging. Colleagues are all easy to get along with and the boss is pretty open-minded and willing to take suggestions from employees. There is a lot of communication between managers and team members to keep things clear and efficient. Basically, a good company for ppl who are willing to learn and take on challenges.

Cons

Efficiency and results are highly valued here. It could be a bit tense for people who are looking for an easy job.

April 22, 2020

Thanks for your review. We are a passionate and results focused team. We know that we can achieve great things together.

"Life at ETI"

I have been working at Empowerment Technologies Inc. full-time

Pros

There are many pros to working at ETI, it is a fun place to work and everyone is courteous of each other. Management and HR address concerns and find solutions to resolve issues and concerns that arise. There are bi-weekly meetings to keep all employees informed of what is happening within the company which is great and all employees are always willing to help or assist in anyway. We also have company events like bowling, trip to the chocolate factory, etc.

Cons

Sometimes there is too much work load on employees and makes it hard to get information needed to complete tasks.

April 9, 2020

Thanks for your insightful review. There are a lot of exciting things happening as we grow. We try to be as transparent with our communication to ensure everyone has the resources and information, they need to get their tasks done.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews