Empowerment Technologies Inc. Reviews

Updated Mar 29, 2021

4.0
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to work with all the benefits!

Mar 2, 2021 - Manager in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

ETI is a great place to work especially if you want to grow in a fast-paced, positive, team-focused environment. They offer amazing benefits and good pay. Not to mention the fun floor, with ping pong, NBA JAM arcade, massage chairs, and fitness equipment. I truly enjoy working here and would recommend it to anyone who is looking. ETI is always taking our health into consideration, by keeping the office clean and safe.

Cons

Lean teams, but that is expected for now as we continue to grow.

HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

Thanks for your review. It's important to us to have a positive culture that our employees can thrive in. We look forward to continuing to grow the team!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work with awesome people

Feb 5, 2021 - General Warehouse Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quality and customers matter most in this company. Goals and a plan to achieve them are communicated regularly with the entire team. Great people working there. Lots of room to grow duties and responsibilities.

Cons

Small staff can make it difficult to complete all tasks.

HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

We're so glad that you recognize our passion for quality and customer service, and we're glad you're a part of our team. Though small, we are results-focused, and we achieve big goals together.

3. 4.0

Very Good place to work in here and safe, Pay Good, Job security

Feb 9, 2021 - Warehouse Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

i am working in her last 15 years, I never see any problem .They pay very good, Job security, They take care the employee.

Cons

some times we have to work in week end.

HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

Thank you for your feedback. We recognize the importance of work life balance and appreciate the dedication of our team during peak times.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Productive, fast paced work environment

Feb 5, 2021 - Warehouse Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

fast paced environment, safe work place

Cons

sometimes the deadlines are to tight

HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

We are certainly fast-paced and aim for high performance! We are appreciative of our talented team members who thrive in this environment.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Passionate Team, Fast-Paced Environment & Growth Oportunities

Mar 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

What I like most about ETI is the opportunity for growth. If you are a good fit with the team and CEO, you will be given many opportunities for personal and career development. I have been promoted three times in the last 4 years. Working with a lean team, everyone has the ability understand the full scope of the business, and we all depend on each other to achieve our goals. We have a passionate team and everyone is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. ETI has no dress code, generous vacation time (2 years = 3 weeks off, 3 years + = 4 weeks off), an education fund, flex hours, unlimited coffee (even a designated committee that manages the popcorn and snacks), and a good benefits plan. During my time here at ETI, the CEO has been very focused on developing the best company culture possible. Since moving the office to Welland we now have a fun and inviting space with couches, ping pong tables and massage chairs. There are two offices, Welland and Toronto. Welland is where the majority of the team resides.

Cons

The company is very fast-paced and therefore requires you on your A-game all the times. This is actually a plus for me specifically as I enjoy the challenge, however it is something to note for those that prefer to work at a slower speed.

3 people found this review helpful

Empowerment Technologies Inc. Response

We agree, it is a fast-paced environment and one’s ability to focus is key. Thanks for your review.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great start-up with rich history background and lots potentials

Oct 13, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great colleagues to work with, everyone is friendly and easy-going - CEO is open-minded and willing to take advice from employees - Collaborative environment -Opportunity for personal and career growth - no dress codes and flexible working hours

Cons

The company established a little bit over a year and still undergoing changes to develop a more stable system.

Empowerment Technologies Inc. Response

Thanks for the feedback. We are optimistic too that as we continue to build more process and procedures, the company will become even more stable.

7. 4.0

Pros and Cons

Feb 10, 2020 - N/A
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Tons of Benefits and Perks if company hits corporate goals (which are actually realistic as opposed to other companies who may offer same benefits but goals are very unrealistic). - Fun Office Culture thanks to our wonderful HR department, always planning fun things for the office to partake in - Learning Lounge includes massage chairs (use them while you work), elliptical, treadmill, stationary bike, foosball table and PING PONG table. - Collaborative environment that constantly instills learning and development through open communication - Easy commute with very minimal traffic (going the opposite way of the GTA traffic)

Cons

- although communication is very open which I feel is a pro, I find there is still some misleading direction from multiple people who need different things so it sometimes leads to a miscommunication

2 people found this review helpful

Empowerment Technologies Inc. Response

It is wonderful to hear that the company vision, mission and values are clear as these are our foundation and pillars of success. Communication gaps are something we try to close whenever possible and with the multiple platforms of delivery and multiple people communicating can unfortunately results in these misses. With ongoing team and company communication, we hope this begins to clear up as the team becomes more strongly aligned

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company and colleagues to work with!

Apr 12, 2020 - N/A in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The spirit and vibe is always positive and encouraging. Colleagues are all easy to get along with and the boss is pretty open-minded and willing to take suggestions from employees. There is a lot of communication between managers and team members to keep things clear and efficient. Basically, a good company for ppl who are willing to learn and take on challenges.

Cons

Efficiency and results are highly valued here. It could be a bit tense for people who are looking for an easy job.

1 person found this review helpful

Empowerment Technologies Inc. Response

Thanks for your review. We are a passionate and results focused team. We know that we can achieve great things together.

9. 4.0

Life at ETI

Feb 10, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many pros to working at ETI, it is a fun place to work and everyone is courteous of each other. Management and HR address concerns and find solutions to resolve issues and concerns that arise. There are bi-weekly meetings to keep all employees informed of what is happening within the company which is great and all employees are always willing to help or assist in anyway. We also have company events like bowling, trip to the chocolate factory, etc.

Cons

Sometimes there is too much work load on employees and makes it hard to get information needed to complete tasks.

1 person found this review helpful

Empowerment Technologies Inc. Response

Thanks for your insightful review. There are a lot of exciting things happening as we grow. We try to be as transparent with our communication to ensure everyone has the resources and information, they need to get their tasks done.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews