"Good company, but slowly falling behind"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Amsterdam
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at albelli full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Nice colleagues * Great work life balance * Depending on the team, room to try new technologies and processes * Great office location next to Amsterdam Central Station * A cloud and DevOps oriented culture * Budget to go to conferences * Great parties

Cons

* Too many meetings, sometimes you spend more time on meetings than actually working. * Disconnection between the C-level and the rest of the company, decisions don't feel completely transparent. This has gotten better for some recent projects, but is still not there. * Lack of leadership, for some projects you will have to assume leadership even if that's not your job. Sometimes decision makers won't decide in projects, leaving you to make your own decisions, for better or for worse. * Silo-ed work between teams, every team is like an island which leads to disconnection between the different technology teams, and poor knowledge sharing across teams. * Lack of growth opportunities, unless you are willing to become a people's manager there are no real opportunities to grow. * Lack of attention to feedback given by employees, there are some basic things that are getting worse day by day, with things as basic as the lunch, but no one steps in to fix them.

Continue reading

albelli Response

Response albelli

Thank you for your feedback. You clearly address the areas we are working to improve; thanks! Only honest and direct feedback likes this will make us better. It is great to hear that we are progressing on the topic of transparency as this is something we are continuously trying to make better. We will take on board your other feedback and please feel free to speak to your manager or HR about any other concerns you may have.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great"

5.0
    Former Intern - Pricing Analyst

I worked at albelli

Pros

Great environment to work in.

Cons

Nothing really struck me as a con.

"No sense of direction, below average pay"

2.0
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Amsterdam
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at albelli full-time for more than a year

Pros

You work at a fairly big company, with everything that comes with it.

Cons

- there is no sense of direction, nobody really knows what to do - pay is below average

Continue reading

albelli Response

Response albelli

Thank you for your review & I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have passed your feedback on to leadership team members to be discussed. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to reach out to me: stephanie.byrne@albelli.com or any member of the People team.

Discover more reviews about albelli.