Zendesk - Great company, very nice people | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Great company, very nice people"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really good company to work for, growing fast, and people are really nice to help you develop.

Cons

Sometimes feels lacking strategy, but that's part of growing pains.

Zendesk2019-12-04
  1. "Great Place to work and amazing people to work with"

Current Employee - Trainer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zendesk employees from Associate to C-Staff are humble and approachable. People are always open to talk with you or have a meeting with you regardless of your title. In my experience, Managers love to help you grow and promote even if it's to another team internally. Finally, I feel supported by my team, my manager(s), and the company in my personal development and career growth. Highly recommend working here!

Cons

There are some growing pains as the company moves into solidifying a stance as an Enterprise business serving all types of businesses. This honestly isn't a "con" since this would be true for any company growing from Startup, to SMB, to Enterprise, to all-encompassing. So, this isn't a con per se. Just know there are some growing pains with processes or goals, but nothing to detour you from working here! :)

Zendesk2020-02-19
  2. "Constant Change with one goal: more success"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Madison, WI

I have been working at Zendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zendesk continues to be in a 'high growth phase' and has been for years. This gives the company a chance to create new processes, roles, teams, targets, and expectations. The company promotes from within and gives employees the opportunity to jump into jobs they may not have been qualified for outside of Zendesk. The company has incredibly high expectations for each person and the sales quotas are a clear reflection of this. The team dynamics and friendly competition is one of the top reasons people can be happy here. Upper Management/Directors encourage you to work together with an incredible amount of autonomy - find out what works and what doesn't. If it doesn't, change it and start over.

Cons

Zendesk isn't the same company the founders claimed to have started. It's not an easy-going, laid back, play ping-pong during the day and nap on your break type of organization. It's an organization that is changing so often the team rarely has time to settle into the new changes. The amount of change is unlike anything I could have imagined. I am not sure we ever truly let a plan play out and calculate results before implementing something else. Exciting? Yes. Stressful? Yes. We run a lean team and rely on everyone to step up. It's hard to hide when sales, support, ops, all need everyone on board and working 100%.

Continue reading
    Zendesk2020-02-09

Discover more reviews about Zendesk.