Western Financial Group - Lack of values and ethics | Glassdoor.ca

"Lack of values and ethics"

Former Employee - Head Office Employee in High River, AB

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Wonderful people throughout the company. There is an amazing commitment to community through the Western Communities Foundation.

Cons

Upper management does not have an open door policy. People disappear without announcements. There is a underlying culture of fear of job loss if people speak up. Just smile and do as you're told. Branch staff are severely unsupported by internal departments and decisions are made based on corporate politics and individual clout than what's best for the customer.

Advice to Management

Take come accountability and stop blaming branch staff for all issues, make a commitment to change for the better.

Western Financial Group2019-01-07
  1. "Great company, great people, strong leadership and only see good things happening in the future"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I see good things happening for both the employees and the company. The change in leadership has brought a new perspective and will take us to the next level, which can only be a good thing. Benefits are improving all the time and the majority of people here are looking for ways to help themselves and the company move forward.

Cons

Who wouldn't like more money? But you look at the whole package and its a pretty good deal compared to other companies in the area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but never forget that it is your people who make the company a success, so continue to treat them fairly

Western Financial Group2014-08-28

Western Financial Group Response

February 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review Western. We appreciate it!

2. "Sales"

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

They provide good sales training

Cons

Require a lot of lead generation

Western Financial Group2017-08-28

Western Financial Group Response

February 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review Western. We appreciate your candor.

Discover more reviews about Western Financial Group.