Western Financial Group - Great place to work | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
  • "They realize there has to be a fair work/life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "We have really good benefits, 3 weeks of vacation days/year to start along with flex days and sick days" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not a lot of contact with head office" (in 8 reviews)

• "The micro management and cancerous environment brought about at the mid management level made the environment extremely toxic" (in 4 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

Head office is a great place to work. Everyone is extremely friendly and they definitely promote a work-life balance. They are a growing company and make you feel like you are a part of what they are building.

Cons

The pay isn't as high as it would be in Calgary. There are social events throughout the month but it is not overly social outside of your team. Most people eat lunch at their desk and there are not many options to get out of the office because of location.

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees. Maybe look at a better compensation structure that would entice people from the city to High River.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I Truly Enjoy my Career"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Advisor in Strathmore, AB
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Advisor in Strathmore, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with this company for three and a half years, and have had some of my best experiences with it. I have worked in two of our branches both in Southern Alberta as well as Central Alberta. Each office has helped coach myself in very different ways to be the broker I am today.

I truly believe in Western Financial Groups focus on supporting our communities. I have been largely involved in our charity Support The Cause and I love seeing the impact the money we raise as an office has impacted my community.

Western Financial Group is a fair company to work for, that truly enjoys seeing their employees succeed. When I began three and a half years ago, I started at our front desk as a receptionist. I have since then moved my way through our Personal Lines team. I could not have grown as much I have without the support of my coworkers and management team.

I have recommended two long time friends of my own to the company, who have now become two long term employees to Western Financial Group.

Cons

The pay is a little on the lower side, however they make up for it in their benefits, vacation time as well as their Incentive Program.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Best Job In Town!"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere
    Great work-life balance
    Management Cares and the branch is like family
    Engaged co-workers
    Lots of career opportunities
    Business goals and targets that challenge you to be your best
    Team excels together

Cons

Not a lot of contact with head office

Discover more reviews about Western Financial Group.