Western Financial Group - My branch has been a great place to work | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
  • "They realize there has to be a fair work/life balance" (in 6 reviews)

• "We have really good benefits, 3 weeks of vacation days/year to start along with flex days and sick days" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not a lot of contact with head office" (in 8 reviews)

• "The micro management and cancerous environment brought about at the mid management level made the environment extremely toxic" (in 4 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"My branch has been a great place to work"

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in Medicine Hat, AB
Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in Medicine Hat, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

I have read many of the reviews, some very negative. I can only speak from my experience. I am still fairly new to Western and to the insurance field but my experience has been nothing but positive and supportive. The branch management team has supported my growth, they see my success as success for the company.

Training has been very structured and well paced. The office environment has been good, this branch really does feel like a family (and yes, every family has some dysfunction, but compared to other places I have worked this is minor).

The pay and benefits are competitive, I have heard that the starting salary is a little lower than other brokerages but the increased vacation and benefits offsets this.

One of the things about Western that was most appealing to me is the focus on local community and the push to be involved, whether with fundraising efforts, volunteering, or supporting in other ways. Insurance is very much a corporate endeavor, so if being involved in your community and giving back is also important to you, Western is a great place to do that.

Cons

I am still new to Western, I have not come across much in the way of negatives yet.

Advice to Management

Read through the reviews. Clearly there are some issues in some (perhaps many) of the branches, but not all. Find what is working well, try to replicate it in places where things are not going well. You don't need to reinvent the wheel.

8 Feb, 2018 – Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We appreciate it!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Great Career"

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor
    Current Employee - Insurance Advisor

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, excellent benefits, 3 weeks vacation to start. Really enjoy the culture.

Cons

Some technology is slow. Working the occasional Saturday.

8 Mar, 2018 – Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for the review. We appreciate the input!

2. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Medicine Hat, AB
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Medicine Hat, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Supported 100% by management. Lots of room to grow in your career. Great guiding principles.

Cons

Every job has its mundane tasks - nothing really to note

8 Feb, 2018 – Digital Media Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to review us!

Discover more reviews about Western Financial Group.