Western Financial Group - My branch has been a great place to work | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "My branch has been a great place to work"

Current Employee - Insurance Advisor in Medicine Hat, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

I have read many of the reviews, some very negative. I can only speak from my experience. I am still fairly new to Western and to the insurance field but my experience has been nothing but positive and supportive. The branch management team has supported my growth, they see my success as success for the company. Training has been very structured and well paced. The office environment has been good, this branch really...

Cons

I am still new to Western, I have not come across much in the way of negatives yet.

Advice to Management

Read through the reviews. Clearly there are some issues in some (perhaps many) of the branches, but not all. Find what is working well, try to replicate it in places where things are not going well. You don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Western Financial Group2018-01-27

February 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We appreciate it!

1. "Great company, great people, strong leadership and only see good things happening in the future"

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I see good things happening for both the employees and the company. The change in leadership has brought a new perspective and will take us to the next level, which can only be a good thing. Benefits are improving all the time and the majority of people here are looking for ways to help themselves and the company move forward.

Cons

Who wouldn't like more money? But you look at the whole package and its a pretty good deal compared to other companies in the area.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but never forget that it is your people who make the company a success, so continue to treat them fairly

Western Financial Group2014-08-28

February 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review Western. We appreciate it!

2. "Sales"

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

They provide good sales training

Cons

Require a lot of lead generation

Western Financial Group2017-08-28

February 8, 2018Digital Media Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to review Western. We appreciate your candor.

Discover more reviews about Western Financial Group.