Watson Gloves - A great learning environment for self motivated people... | Glassdoor.ca

"A great learning environment for self motivated people..."

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Watson Gloves full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In the words of the great Emmit Smith, Former running back for the Dallas Cowboys,"I want the ball when it counts, I want the ball when there is little time left and it all rides on what I do". This is the type of environment Watson gloves provided me, and I am a better person, more successful person today because of my time there.

Cons

It would be hard to point to anything in the cons for this company. I left because I was offered a management position, that was not available at the time I worked at Watson Gloves. I would have never had the skills, industry education and internal drive for this position, if I had worked anywhere else, Watson helped me get to where I needed to be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, dont lose your culture and keep your eye on the prize, you will get there one day and I will be on the sidelines clapping.

Watson Gloves2017-01-24

Watson Gloves Response

January 27, 2017HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to give this great review!

Other Employee Reviews

"100 years and running"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Watson Gloves full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Strong sales growth and cash position. Leadership team is young, aggressive and hard working. Proudly Canadian company that still manufactures in Canada. I started with the company almost 17 years ago and I am still challenged and excited to go to work. The Moore Family that owns Watson is committed to its people and the community. Our culture is Strong... 100 years and running.

Cons

We aren’t perfect but the leadership team has learned to admit that and talk openly about our flaws. This will make us stronger as a team heading into our next 100 years.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring talent into the business. Give your leadership to the autonomy to make decisions. Stick to what you do best. Hire people that will live the company’s core values.

Watson Gloves2018-04-22

"Another 100 years!"

I have been working at Watson Gloves full-time for less than a year

Pros

- great company values - all executives holds to the core values to show the importance and how much they value it to the employees/family - finished Lean Sensei!, excited to see the changes and projects

Cons

- on occasions it gets a little dramatic but overall it's a supportive environment

Watson Gloves2018-12-13

Discover more reviews about Watson Gloves.