Cover image for Voxy

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst CEO ever

May 15, 2018 - Sales Manager in Nieuw-Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Young and dynamic team Good product

Cons

Unrealistic management and specially the CEO with his incapacity to be a leader in building his company with values trust and respect. No strategy, no sales policy and no reliability from his side. The CEO doesn't have any knowledge regarding his own market and how to manage his company expansion in it. He also doesn't take into consideration any advice or experience from skilled people.

Continue reading
    14 people found this review helpful

Voxy Response

CEO & Founder

Hi - I appreciate the props on product and the overall team. I am sorry to hear of your concerns regarding your time with Voxy. Like many high-growth companies of our stage, we are continuously making improvements to our structure and strategy.ma. To make much-needed improvements in our go-to-market team, we have done 3 things: First, we’ve just onboarded new sales leadership; a Chief Revenue Officer with 20+ years of experience leading companies ranging from $5M to $70M. Second, we clearly outlines a focused sales strategy in January and have been executing against for the past 5 months is already showing great results. And third, we instituted an improved performance management system, which will help keep our team positioned for success in the long term. Thanks again for the time and effort you invested in Voxy. We’ll continue improving and hope we can one day make you proud. Best, Paul

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Benefits

Nov. 11, 2022 - Coordinator in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment to work; 100% Remote work; Opportunity to meet people from all over the globe.

Cons

It's a great place to work.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

Nice company

Oct. 16, 2022 - English Language Tutor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a nice company to work for, the pay for group classes is a bit low but you can make much more with private classes after about 2 months. They provide observations and feedback, you do need to teach very much according to their model, but it's easy, especially if you just follow their feedback. You will have students from all over the world, but no control over who books you which makes having regular students a bit difficult. However, they are all great. Overall, staff is great and very kind. Unlimited time off and super super flexible with your scheduling. I would highly recommend it, they don't give you extra unpaid work, planning is minimal and you can work from anywhere in the world with good, stable internet, you should always have a backup option and this is required, which I find has made me a better teacher as I have had almost no tech issues in almost 3 years.

Cons

I would highly recommend it, they don't give you extra unpaid work, planning is minimal. But, it does get a bit boring after some time if you don't have regular students, also no pay raise in over 2 years, no bonuses and very limited opportunities for growth. I've also heard they are now offering less based on location. I make between 16.50-25 for private classes, they pay a bit more on certain days. When I started they paid for my training which was about 20+ hours, so I would hope they still do this.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Voxy.

Voxy Photos